The rooms are a bit dated, yet are very spacious. The service was wonderful. The food and drinks were good. I enjoyed the local cuisine. Tennis lessons were fun. The grounds were beautiful! The beaches were small, but clean with little or no waves. It was a nice place to relax. I liked the mineral pool and healthy snack bar. The martini bar was a lot of fun too. Sometimes the events at the Balloon Bar kept us awake longer then we wished, but it wasn't too bad.
We did a private dinner on Sunset Beach, and it was amazing! I had a lobster... and that was the best lobster I have ever had, EVER. It was a very private dinner. There was one other couple who arrived towards the end of our dinner and they were seated all the way across the beach. Bring bug spray if you attend to hang around Sunset Beach at night.
Onto the tours! We are more the explore the area type and there really wasn't much of that to do. We convinced our driver to take us into the heart of Ochos Rios, so that was fun. I forget his name, but he was very cool. He answered a lot of our questions honestly and I learned a lot from him. Dolphin Cove was fun, but you are there a lot longer then you need to be... and the prices at the resort are way overpriced for it. Dunn's River Falls was fun and refreshing. The lagoon trip was uneventful. You take a small boat out into the bay and swim for maybe 10 minutes... not worth the price. I wish the trips into town were more frequent. The snorkeling trips were not that impressive to me, but I'm comparing it to Belize, so.
It is a long drive to the resort from the airport. The roads are not bad, but it's a lot of quick stops and go stuff, so if you get car sick easily take something beforehand. Be prepared to tip people. They told us at the airport to put our bags in a pile and wouldn't let us carry them to the bus. It is a weird feeling because we are used to traveling and keeping our belongings with us. Well, once we got to the bus we were strongly encouraged to tip the men who carried our bags. We are two very able bodied people who were more than willing to carry our own bags. It was silly. We should have the option to carry our own bags.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios