We returned from Couples Sans Souci on Saturday...and I'm still there in my mind. What an amazing trip. I can't say enough good about this place. The staff was so helpful and friendly...and always singing! The waterfront guys were especially wonderful. Dwight and Crazy Ray gave us some wild rides on the hobie cats and also taught us how to do the hobies on our own. Tasha at the front desk was so helpful...she e-mailed diligently before our trip to make sure everything was set for our private dinner and that my husband's allergies would be taken care of. The food was so delicious that I put on ten pounds while I was there. The beach grill has delicious snapper sandwiches, pizzas, patties, and burgers. And the veggie bar has amazing sweet potato chips with dips...I went there twice a day. We dined at all of the restaurants while we were there, and loved them all. We also had a private dinner on Sunset Beach...so romantic...our own chef and waiter and a wishing lantern at the end. We loved our room in G block...great view and a huge balcony! All of the water sports are great fun...hobie cats, stand up paddle boards, kayaks, paddleboats, and hydrobikes. Kept us busy all day...in fact, I only finished one book during the whole vacation because there was so much to do and enjoy. Entertainment team is also great...had fun with bingo and trivia. Our only complaints would be that since this is a Couples resort, with the focus on romance, it would be nice to have tables for two at the beach dinner night and the Gala. We found it awkward to try to make small talk with people we didn't know...and we also just wanted to focus on the two of us...that is why we choose this resort. The other little issue we had was the number of people who did not dress up for the gala night...sitting with people who are in athletic shorts and cut off shorts really takes the mood of the night away. We found this happened at the Palazzina as well...again, athletic shorts and baseball caps at night really takes away from the atmosphere.
We would definitely return to this resort, but would probably have room service on the beach night and gala so that we can maintain our couples time.
Great resort...great food...great weather...great fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios