I agreed with the other reviewers about the great staff, how beautiful the resort is, etc. I'm grateful to those who recommended beachfront room in blocks A or B. This resort has lots of stairs to climb if we stayed in other blocks.
We didn't spend any time in the au-naturel beach, so I don't have any opinion. The main beach looks to be man-made or man-improved because the sand is yellow/red and coarse, while under water, it's powdery fine and white. There is enough shades from trees and about 8-10 palapas. This beach is not great for wading or swimming. Even in the roped off area, there are few sandy areas, but lots of grassy areas. It's also shallow for the most part and small. However, this shouldn't be any problem if you only want to relax on the water using the beach chair cushions as floats.
This was our first time at Sans Souci, and we prefer it over Swept Away where we stayed 3 times. Services here is better and staff here friendlier although CSA staff were great. CSS seems more upscale than CSA. For example, the buffet restaurant where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served, is always with clean white table cloths; at CSA, the equivalent restaurant uses place mats that servers wipe off with a rag after each diner; sometimes, that made me feel a bit queasy. Tuesday night beach party and Friday night Gala are also much nicer here than at CSA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios