Overall our trip was wonderful. I was told there were only 3 or 4 5 star resorts in Jamaica and this is one of them. The scenery was gorgeous however the actual resort and the rooms were dated. You can tell they do not do a lot of up-keep on the building itself. We did love how this resort is on a cliff. We enjoyed lots of walking, just not on the beach. The beach is just a cove so do not expect long walks on the beach. We also were there when they were doing construction on the main beach close to the pool/bar. During the day that main pool bar near the construction was the only place open to get drinks unless you went to the restaurant. I tried to lay on the beach and relax and stay close to where we could grab drinks, but there is nothing relaxing about laying on the beach in Jamaica with a jack hammer going off about 15 feet away. This made us wander off and go find areas to be alone. That was not hard, but by the time we got to a place to relax together it was time to go back and get another drink. (Jamaica Problems :)) I had one issue at the end of the trip that will be reson enough for me not to go back. I work at a bank so i look at my account daily. At the end of the stay we were asked to pay for our excursions. We did and I kept the receipt and when i got back to work the charge was showing on my account for the correct total. The next day I look at it (it had not yet hard posted to my account) and the amount was changed! It was increased to a higher amount. I called them and they could not help me. A manager was suppose to call me and never has. I even sent them a written letter with a copy of the receipt and a copy of my bank statement with what was actually charged to my account. I have yet to hear anything over the issue. I would have rated higher if it weren't for this. It's just wrong. I would be willing to bet I am not the first person this has happened to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios