Couples Sans Souci
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$528
Bookit.com
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$461
US$424
US$83
US$69
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$74
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$135
Hotwire.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$73
Orbitz.com
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
US$76
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,161 results
All reviewsmineral poolballoon barbella vistasunset beachsan souciau natural beachb blockmain beachbeachfront suitestarlight galacasanova restaurantroom servicefriday night galamineral grottonooks and cranniessmoothie barin room dining
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our first visit to Jamaica and we absolutely loved it! We went for our 20th wedding anniversary and it was amazing! The property is absolutely breathtaking. The staff was exceptional - the nicest we have ever encountered. It is a smaller resort, which we really loved. It was easy to just strike up conversations with people, and we made some nice new friends. It was not at all a party resort at night but you could still have fun with the few that were up! We will definitely go back and would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Buildings A and B are the best for a beachfront room and are close to the main pool, water activities, most restaurants, etc. We met people staying in building G. That is the opposite end of the property and more elevated. They said the views were breathtaking, but a little further from the main stuff and you have to use a lot of stairs. We are very active and actually liked the stairs, but if you have knee issues or anything like that, you may not. Even in our buildings, we did have to use the stairs to get to the main lobby for excursions, the shops and the nice restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamvan1994
Reviewed 14 June 2014

For me, this resort was dated. The rooms were basic!, and bathrooms quite old fashioned. Not many toiletries were provided, and no little touches. My room had no view apart from the green trees. I didn't like the rooms. Mini bar had soft drink and red stripe but no liquor. Mosquitos were everywhere - SO please take repellent with you Urgent matter.
The resort is large with beautiful views and quaint sections with romantic settings. That was the best bit.

However there's steps everywhere, up and down is all you go! It's so much work to get to a place in the heat, I would not recommend if you have walking difficulties.

The beach is small and shingle, not soft white sand.

The food was nice in the signature restaurant for dinner. Only one choice for breakfast and options were limited. There is no cafe for early morning coffee!!

Bars had nice drinks and good selection, just wished more bottled water was offered at points throughout the resort.
I would recommend the martini bar, excellent staff.

I would get bored here for more than 5 nights. If you don't and want a simple hotel this is for you.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Taurus_World
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Taurus_World,

Thank you for staying at Couples Sans Souci. The entire resort (including rooms) is colonial in style because of the era it was built in. However, continuous renovations have taken place since Couples Resorts acquired the hotel in 2006. Sorry you felt the rooms were too basic. Your view was dependent on what category you booked.

We appreciate your comments. It is unfortunate that this resort wasn’t the right fit for you. Our other properties have a more modern feel to them. Have a glance at Couples.com.

Regards,
Abraham Issa

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd and beat trip ever to Couples San Souci. We stayed in block A in one of the beachfront rooms and could not have been happier. We were close to everything, beaches, dining, tennis, etc. We have been to all the Couples resorts and this is our favorite of the 4. If you are a tennis player(which I am), then Swept Away is by far the best of the 4. But if you like to hang out on the beach sans clothing, there is no place anywhere that compares to Sunset beach. We spent everyday there and loved it. The beach is full of Palapas and you don't have to get there at 6AM to secure one. The pool is excellent and the lunches served are as good or better than anywhere else on the resort. And as for the food, we were very happy with breakfast, lunch( at the beach) and dinner every night We even had room service dinner twice and enjoyed it thoroughly. Looking forward to a return trip soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bandbgas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We absolutely loved Couples Sans Souci! It was the most romantic place we have ever been. We spent 7 wonderful days there and it was not nearly long enough. The rooms are a little dated but very clean. When we first arrived our air conditioner was leaking water but we alerted Evol and he made sure it was taken care of immediately. That was the only issue we had with the room but it was resolved before we even opened our suitcases. We stayed in the Angela Bassett suite and we had the most incredible view. The layout of the resort is fabulous, you can join in the fun with all the events or you can find the hidden hammocks/hot tubs and enjoy some privacy with your significant other. The staff at this resort is like none other. I recommend the nature walk with Albert! He was so knowledgeable and so sweet. I got a terrible sunburn and he brought me aloe vera. There were so many staff members that we enjoyed Sasha, Winston, Evol, Peter, Albert, the bartenders at SSB, the water sport guys, KerryAnn and Kenneth from the spa, Keshawn and so many others. I wish I could remember all their names but in all honesty if they were working May24-May30th they were perfect. Every single member of the staff went out of their way to ensure we were having a good time. I cannot say enough about the staff, the resort itself is gorgeous but the staff makes it paradise! We are going back next year, and hopefully every year for many, many years. We never want to go anywhere else! We made some really awesome friends at SSB, who met us late night at the hot tub for one last drink before we had to leave. I wish we had thought to get email addresses but maybe some day we will meet them again on SSB. They were definitely people we will never forget. Couples Sans Souci captured our hearts and we are counting the minutes until we hear "Welcome Home!" again. Sans Souci has become our heaven on earth!

Room Tip: The Penthouses are worth every penny. D-21- the Angela Basset suite will be the room I ask for every time we return!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stellarrlm9
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall our trip was wonderful. I was told there were only 3 or 4 5 star resorts in Jamaica and this is one of them. The scenery was gorgeous however the actual resort and the rooms were dated. You can tell they do not do a lot of up-keep on the building itself. We did love how this resort is on a cliff. We enjoyed lots of walking, just not on the beach. The beach is just a cove so do not expect long walks on the beach. We also were there when they were doing construction on the main beach close to the pool/bar. During the day that main pool bar near the construction was the only place open to get drinks unless you went to the restaurant. I tried to lay on the beach and relax and stay close to where we could grab drinks, but there is nothing relaxing about laying on the beach in Jamaica with a jack hammer going off about 15 feet away. This made us wander off and go find areas to be alone. That was not hard, but by the time we got to a place to relax together it was time to go back and get another drink. (Jamaica Problems :)) I had one issue at the end of the trip that will be reson enough for me not to go back. I work at a bank so i look at my account daily. At the end of the stay we were asked to pay for our excursions. We did and I kept the receipt and when i got back to work the charge was showing on my account for the correct total. The next day I look at it (it had not yet hard posted to my account) and the amount was changed! It was increased to a higher amount. I called them and they could not help me. A manager was suppose to call me and never has. I even sent them a written letter with a copy of the receipt and a copy of my bank statement with what was actually charged to my account. I have yet to hear anything over the issue. I would have rated higher if it weren't for this. It's just wrong. I would be willing to bet I am not the first person this has happened to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AshleyMurray
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear AshleyMurray,

Thank you for trying Jamaica as a destination and choosing Couples Sans Souci as your resort. We are happy to learn your overall experience was wonderful. Please know that all of your comments are being reviewed by management. Sincere apologies for any maintenance noise that disrupted your vacation, we always minimize renovation work near guest areas.

Regarding your excursion charge, one of our managers will contact you via-email to explain. Your total was increased by $5.00 due to an international transaction fee. The hotel is not responsible. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards,