Our original stay was for Couples Tower Isle, but the winds were high (red flag days) and we couldn't swim at that beach. Staff got us a ride to Couples San Souci so we could enjoy the sun and water at a calmer beach! Amazing!! The grounds at San Souci are huge, acres and acres of very well groomed pathways through lush tropical plants and palms. Go slow and take in all the beauty. Some did not like how the resort is spread out, just know it ahead of time and take your time. We zig-zagged down the cliff (very safe & wide paved walks) with gorgeous views of the Caribbean down to a lovely half moon sugar sand beach. Plenty of chairs, lots of drinks, food and "friends"! The staff is amazing, they will learn your name very quickly and are super polite! The beach pool was incredible: large, perfect temp and swim up bar! If you wanted, the clothing optional beach was a short walk away with food & drink services out there too! The area was very comfortable and had pool-hot tub-beach for all who wanted that perfect tan. Awesome place! There are rooms on the cliffs above and rooms on the lower beach area. Tough call! We talked to everyone at the bar and on the beach and had a fun argument about which buildings were the "Best"! Each area had it's own pools so you never had to go far at all to swim. Upper buildings had incredible views of the entire beach, ocean and jungle, but you had to walk down to the ocean. The lower rooms were right on the beach, but the cliffs with "jungle walks & little waterfalls" were farther away! I know, silly arguments...but with some great drinks and fun people around the bar it all seemed relevant at the time! All that matters is this is a verrrry romantic place, with great food, awesome drinks and textile or clothing optional beaches. Definitely would go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios