“Loved everything”
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Couples Tower Isle
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I returned from Couples Tower Isle yesterday and would go back tomorrow or earlier if possible.
The resort was lovely and the staff extemely friendly. We had a ground floor Ocean View Room, and had a great view of the sea and the Island.
We stayed 10 nights. unfortunetly the first 2 days rained, but it was great sitting on out balcony watching the storms at night.
The food in all the restaurants was good, service was slow in the fine dining restaurant the Eight Rivers, and our personal favourite was The Terrace, you don't need a reservation and the food was just as good as the fine dining. My husband also loved the grill bar by the main pool, which we ate at most lunch times, the calamari was superb!
There are a number of excursions included within your holiday, Dunns River Falls was great for me and I climbed to the top, but my husband who has a chest problem found it difficult and had to get out about a 1/3 of the way up, so please be vary if you are not in the best of health, as the trip consists of you walking down to the beach and climbing up the falls.
We found the Jamaican people very friendly and the Island was beautiful, all in all we had a great holiday and would definatley go back.
Don't be put off by the complainers, there was nothing really to complain about. Yes some of the internal corridors had a bit of a funny smell, but that had been caused by the torrential rains of the first 2 days and some of the carpeting had become wet.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dawnalan
Write a ReviewReviews (3,210)

Reviewed 15 June 2011

My husband & I, along with another couple, visited Couples Tower Isle as a relaxing get-away and we had a great time! We first visited this resort in 2007. Since then, it has undergone a total renovation.....very nice! Food was great, pools were great, Jamaica is AWESOME! I've been to many tropical locations and Jamaica has been my favorite by far. The couple who went with us agree!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SJA in PA
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I booked a 1 week stay at the Tower Isle property because I read it had just undergone a $30 million renovation. This hotel vaters to couples and is perfect for honeymooners, or for people like my husband and I , together 10+ years, and looking for a little romance.
ROOMS: Our garden view room was simple, clean and functional. We returned from the beach each day to find flower petals on the bed, and twice a chilled bottle of champagne and fruit. Only odd thing was lack of minibar/fridge, but I have read that they will be installed in all rooms August 2011.
BEACH- The beach is a bit small, but never felt crowded.
" The Island"- GO! We waited until our final day to venture out there, and we regretted having waited. The other guests were friendly enough but respected that my husband and I preferred to keep to ourselves. Very liberating.
RESTAURANTS- All wonderful, especially Bayside for Asian cuisine
SERVICE- Stellar. enough said.
ACTIVITIES- we were so happy on the property that we didn't take advantage of the many activities available. NOTE***- The spa has separate steam rooms and showers for men and women and are available to all guests.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mezzasega0502
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Last year we went to Couples Tower Isle, having been at Couples Negril the previous year. This was equally as good, but totally different in style. As we were “returners” you get what they call “Romance Rewards”. We got a special returners dinner with other returning guests (it doesn’t have to be the same resort, just another “Couples”), his and hers massages and 50 dollars to spend in the gift shop. This increases with each visit, when I think the maximum is 250 dollars to spend. Again all activities include – Dunns River Falls trip, horse riding, etc, etc.

Have your breakfast, compete with bottle of champers if you ask for it, delivered to your balcony at no extra cost - perfect!

This has its own little nudist island, compete with pool & bar and takes approx 30 seconds in the little boat they lay on. Fantastic fun – we met some brilliant people – playing drinking games etc – Debbie & Paul (thanks for the lovely gifts Debbie), Mike & Jane (thanks for looking after us Jane!), Scott & Kim, Jo & Bobbie, Will & Mo, Fred & Cynthia, to name but a few! We became adoptive "Ivan Islanders" whilst there (named after the group of folk who were there & survived (Debbie & Paul included) during Hurricaine Ivan in September 2004....

The beach is much smaller than Negril, it isn’t a public beach like in Negril.

Whilst we were there, we went with the group we met to Couples “Sans Souci” for the day – they lay a free bus on – it was out of this world, I think it’s possibly the most expensive.

We had hoped to go back to join everyone this October, but due to circumstances this year, had to “downsize” to Mexico. We are soooo jealous of you all, but hope you have a fabulous time and you a lovely birthday Paul whilst you’re there and all raise a glass to “Just one more” Pete on the18th! However, we will definitely return to one of the Couples Resorts in the future.

No kids, no one under the age of 21 and all couples. I would recommend Jamaica, but in particular couples reports to anyone (have a look at the Couples Reports website). Everything really is “No problem mon”.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I booked a last minute vacation with the Couples Secret Rendez vous and ended up at CTI. I had read lots of different things about the resort both good and bad, but was still excited to see the resort for myself.
We got there Friday, everything at the airport was smooth, at the Couples lounge we were hurried out to catch a ride to CTI, we were the only couple on the bus, the drive is long 1.45 but the scenery is beautiful.
This was our 4th trip to Jamaica but first to Ocho Rios.
When we first arrived and brough to our room I was concerned and not too sure about the hotel like feel. After about a day you don't even notice it anymore.
The room is alright, once they add minibars in all rooms it will be better. AC worked well.
The only problem we had in our room was with the safe, on 2 ocassions it just didn't work, we had to call the front desk but both times the problem eas taken care of quickly.
Beach, definetly not the best beach, it was just alright, the entrance tothe water is also a bit rocky, but seats were always available. In the end we just spent time at the pool which was nice and very quiet as well.
Food was pretty good, always lots of choices and the desserts sizes are huge so leave room!
Couples massage at the spa just delightful and so relaxing.
The only dowside was that my husband had a cold so he ddin't enjoy himself as much, but I had a really good time, even better than I thought I would.
I should have known because couples resorts offers nothnig but the best.I can;t wait to go to coulpes again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank miss_alli
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel is beautiful, A nice beach. The service is outstanding. The food is good and the pool is very nice. They include horse back riding, a boat ride and trip to Dunns river falls. This is a great value. The only draw back is nighttime. It gets boring early. The only thing open is the Piano bar which is very boring. They could use a few more things to do at night.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank john38LongIsland
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I read soo many reviews about places before I decide to go on a vacation. What I read about this place was right on target. First off what I will always remember is the service. You do not have to tip a single person. They are genuinely glad to help (we did slide money because I saw that a good majority of people there worked several hours a day). The fact that I remember actual names of staff in all areas says to their service.
All I ever heard of Jamaica was that you will get off the plane and once past customs all you will get is people trying to sell you marijuana. Well this was far from the case. We got past customs and there was someone to point to the resort lounges. We went into the Couples location and was greeted by gentlemen that wanted to grab our bags. Seeing that i'm from a big city i'm pretty protective especially in a foriegn place. The gentleman laughed and said, "Ok, take your bags, get checked off and you'll come right back to me to give your information. Come on man, it's not Mexico, it's Jamaica, relax!" Loved it........So I even walked out of the area just to look around. Still no issues. So don't believe that part of people being pushy and selling you stuff at the airport.
There was a 2 hr ride w a stop half way (thank god because I downed quite a few red stripes at the lounge). Don't by anything there, you will be at your resort in 45 min and everything is paid for there.
Once at the resort, we checked in and got ushed to our room. The rooms were good, not great, but we still had a 40 in flat screen which is better than another all inclusive we have been to. There was an issue with dtrainage in the shower, but as soon as we made the call, we left for dinner and it was taken care of. Any issues at any point that we had, they wre more than willing to take care of them for us.
The event staff was awesome! There are soo many activities, they learn your names and encourage even the most reserved person to get involved and have a good time.
The food was excellent. Well seasoned, very good variety. If you didn't like the food at any restaurant, there was always the buffet and the grill that stays open 24 hrs. The one thing that I did not like is that all of the bars closed around 2 AM. I wish we could at least have a stocked cooler or some way of geting some alcohol.
If you choose, you can have a dinner by the ocean, but I didn't think it looked that great with a band playing in the background. The asian food restaurant was on the water and pretty secluded. Do a late night dinner and you will just about have the same effect.
For trips, Dunns River was well worth it (buy water shoes/socks before you go but they have them at the resort for 15 bucks). There are people trying to get you to buy things at the end of it, but I would suggest telling them that you have no money because you didn't know anything about shopping. They will definetely leave you alone lol. There is also a video that they record, you can talk them down at the hotel on the price. Any trips to the markets, you can talk all of them down, but be especially careful of the flea market. They are pretty pushy in those places. If you are intimidated quickly, I would not go. I would also not send anyone in there by themselves. We took a cab and got driven to different locations and also brought back for one flat rate.

Loved the bar staff, they will always put a smile on your face. When you are just relaxing on the beach they will just come down, first with the special that they have for the day, but also take your order. I saw them several times and never had an empty drink.

If you are a couple for a little night life, there is a piano bar, but they also have a DJ in the same lounge as the buffett and play requests. Nothing really goes past 12 for night life. There is one night that they will take you to Margarittaville of you would like a taste of the night life. But most nights, we were worn out with all the days activities.

Overall, we truely enjoyed ourselves and would go back in a heartbeat. We met soo many couples and everyone is on vacation so they are having a good time. The only thing we wish that we could have changed was the weather. May starts the rainy season so it pretty much was overcasted the whole time we were there except the weekend. Besides that, relax and enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: Ask......you never know if they are underbooked.