My husband and I returned from Couples Tower Isle yesterday and would go back tomorrow or earlier if possible.
The resort was lovely and the staff extemely friendly. We had a ground floor Ocean View Room, and had a great view of the sea and the Island.
We stayed 10 nights. unfortunetly the first 2 days rained, but it was great sitting on out balcony watching the storms at night.
The food in all the restaurants was good, service was slow in the fine dining restaurant the Eight Rivers, and our personal favourite was The Terrace, you don't need a reservation and the food was just as good as the fine dining. My husband also loved the grill bar by the main pool, which we ate at most lunch times, the calamari was superb!
There are a number of excursions included within your holiday, Dunns River Falls was great for me and I climbed to the top, but my husband who has a chest problem found it difficult and had to get out about a 1/3 of the way up, so please be vary if you are not in the best of health, as the trip consists of you walking down to the beach and climbing up the falls.
We found the Jamaican people very friendly and the Island was beautiful, all in all we had a great holiday and would definatley go back.
Don't be put off by the complainers, there was nothing really to complain about. Yes some of the internal corridors had a bit of a funny smell, but that had been caused by the torrential rains of the first 2 days and some of the carpeting had become wet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios