We went to CTI expecting a holiday in Jamaica with good food, drink & service & that's exactly what we got. CTI is an International hotel in the Caribbean, occupanacy was 95% American due to its proximity to the US and flight connections. The BA Kingston connection from Gatwick meant a 2.2 hour taxi ride to CTI but we had an excellent driver in Eric so it didn't seem quite so long. Our 2nd floor room was good with an Ocean view, however some rooms on the ground floor could be noisy as the main corridor to the resaurants was directly outside the doors. With 4 restaurants to choose from, eating selection was good, however with a full occupancy you needed to reserve times in 2 Bayside & Eight Rivers on arrival. Service in all was very good with exceptional waiters in Denville & Davinth, 2 guys who coundn't do enough (make note Mr Henry) to help. Don't expect true Caribbean food, this is an International hotel, but overall excellent. Evening entertainment varied with the Silverbirds exceptional, Beach party was fun but other nights were average.
Having a daily stocked mini bar in your room is a great move as the bars can be quite a treck if your room is located at the resort extremes; Champange with onion rings & fries while watching the sun set was "awesome" !
The beach was relatively small, but cleaned 2/3 times a day with seaweed being brought inshore by quite strong winds, loungers & shade were plentiful & beach butlers were also good. Excursions provided by CTI were Dunns River Falls (take aquashoes as hiring or buying is a ripoff) but you need to be fit or have strong travel insurance, we saw 2 ambulances arrive during our visit. The Catamaran was good fun especially when it circled the nudist island, though on our visit the transfer from the beach (normally it boards via the jetty) was tortuous via a small boat due to the wind.
Shopping was an experience as you get dropped off into a den of shops that are designed for the cruise ships cliental, most items can be bought cheeper at CTI's own shops; however it's fun to see it. Other excursions were plentiful but due to some of the distances to transfer made them quite expensive.
In summary, we have visited many other Caribbean resorts, Sandals/Almond etc and Couples is up there in qualtity & service; if you want a true Caribbean holiday then maybe there are other resorts to go to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios