We decided on a trip to Couples for our honeymoon in April. We actually decided on a different Couples resort but when we were ready to book, that resort was all booked up. I came to TripAdvisor to do some more research and decided Tower Isle would be our best bet. I had a SUPER stressful time planning my wedding and dealing with family drama on our wedding day. I knew that I wanted to just sit on a beach or by a pool, with a drink and a book. My husband wanted to relax and not have to wake up super early everyday to go see the sights. Tower Isle seemed just perfect for that.
It was our first time in Jamaica and our first time staying at an all inclusive. Our stay was EXACTLY what we wanted. We made plans to maybe go see the sights but were really just happy to spend time with each other and could not pull ourselves out of the super comfortable beds early in the morning! The beauty of the all inclusive really is that you can do as much or as little as you like. We did walk around the entire property, enjoyed the ladies in the gift shop(who are SO funny and warm), had coffees from the coffee bar in the Logo Store(yummy and I wish I had discovered this sooner!), enjoyed snacks from the Pool Grill or the Veggie Bar, it was all AMAZING and just what we needed. Our favorite spot was by the larger pool because it was quieter and there were chairs always available. The pool with the swim up bar was literally right downstairs from our room but a)the LOUD people that gathered there every day were a turn off and b)you had to be out there at like 8am to get a chair. We enjoyed dinner at Eight Rivers two nights and did get to Bayside(the atmosphere there with the waves crashing underneath you OMG) but enjoyed the food at Eight Rivers more. Verandah was our favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. I can't understand how I ate so much amazing food and didn't gain a pound! The quality and freshness of everything is out of this world! I can't say enough about it...and the international buffet on Saturday night...WOW!
I can go on and on about specifics but it really is what you make of it. We were happy to just have so much uninterrupted time together in paradise. The food and drinks were AWESOME! We did the Magical Honeymoons package and had a private dinner on the beach which was one of the coolest things ever! It was so nice to sit and hear the waves and have the sand on your feet. Our waiter Carl was hysterical and we ate, what could be, the best steak I've ever had. Our couples massage was amazing and Jennie was a dream! I've never been that relaxed in my life.
The one thing that really stuck out to me as a downfall was the "shopping excursion." Its to no fault of the resort as the excursion is off property but WOW. The craft village we made a stop at was just...pushy is not the way to describe it. I know that people need to make money and have families etc...but I just did not like the atmosphere there. I was expecting to go to local shops and perhaps a touristy shopping center. We did get the touristy shopping center which was basically all the same stuff in about 50 different stores. But I could have gotten the same things from the vendors Couples brings on site without all the hassle.
Overall, we had a FABULOUS time and I have never witnessed my husband be so bummed out about leaving a place. We are already planning trip back there. It was THAT good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Easy Market Spa, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios