We decided to honeymoon at Couples Tower Isle after our destination wedding Mexico. We wanted a resort with both a good pool area and beach area, a few restaurants and nice rooms - Couples Tower Isle was recommended to us by our fabulous travel agent, Beach Bum Becky of Beach Bum Vacation (email@example.com), and it delivered!
We checked in very late on a Monday night, thanks to delayed flights and missed connections from Mexico. The ride from the airport to the resort was about 1hr 45 mins, but our driver was great. We were exhausted when we arrived and just wanted to head to bed, although we were sad we missed the Beach Party, which looked like it was awesome.
We were checked in to Room 2207, which was an Ocean Junior Suite. We had a great view of the pool area and the island. We loved that we had a couch area on our balcony area. The bathroom area was huge. The only complaint about the bathroom area is that due to the open shower concept, water got everywhere in our bathroom, even when attempting to use towels to "catch" the water to keep it from spreading... and there is no vent fan.
We did an orientation the following day with Kevin (from Kingston!) of the Entertainment Staff. They offer this twice a day and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't stayed there before. They really go through the whole property and taught us a lot about activities. Had we not done the orientation, we wouldn't know about some of our favorite activities there.
We ate at the buffet every morning for breakfast (loved their french toast rolls, fresh fruit, and large variety!), except for our last day. On our last day, we ordered the in-room breakfast from room service since we had to leave really early for our flight and nothing else on the resort would've been open for breakfast. This was perfect for us! We did the pool grille once for lunch, the jerk chicken was awesome, and we loved the nachos! The buffet had an awesome lunch selection everyday. We loved dinner at the Verandah, although the service was pretty slow. Eight Rivers was great, and the atmosphere at Bayside is super romantic. It just seemed that the food at Verandah was the best. Even the buffet offered a great dinner.
We loved the Steel Band show on Wednesday night - it is a must see! We also did the catamaran cruise and the Dunns River Falls tour. Make sure you bring an underwater camera (with a wrist strap! I tied it to my bikini top for ease of going up the falls) and water shoes. They stopped at a place on the way to get water shoes if you didn't have them ($5 to rent or $15 to buy), but we got ours from the resort's gift shop. We also did the Island Village shopping excursion. They took us to a little shop with a ton of jewelry first - we only bought liquor (rum creme!) here. We then shopped at Island Village, where we bought all of our souvenirs, there are alot more shops here. Most of them have the same stuff, so you can really bargain shop and haggle a bit with them.
We did a couples massage at the spa, and that was fabulous!
Overall, this was a great resort. There was nothing wrong with it, but I felt like something was lacking. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I felt like we had better service at our wedding resort and felt more "at home" there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios