My husband and I stayed at CTI for 6 nights the week before Thanksgiving. Overall we had a great stay.
We booked a Premier Ocean View. We were assigned an end unit in block 3 right next to outdoor stairs which was very convenient. Unfortunately we had an issue with ants getting in through the window which would not close properly/lock. After our first night we ended up moving right next door which did not have the ant issue. The room was not huge, but large enough for relaxing/sleeping. As many other have said our shower leaked into the rest of the bathroom every day, but not a huge deal to us. The balcony was large and we enjoyed relaxing on it, taking the view in. Even though we were right above the swim up bar, we had no issues with noise.
We received excellent service from the front desk staff, especially when changing rooms. Service at all of the restaurants was great. Flag service on the beach was hit or miss, but it was a quick walk to the bar.
Food was very good at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Great variety and lots of tasty vegetarian options. We especially loved the veggie bar- chips and dip, roasted veggie sandwich, salads. We ate dinner at the Verandah and Eight Rivers, two nights each. Food was great at both. Bayside had great ambiance, but we didn’t love the food. The appetizers were delicious, but the rest of the dinner fell flat for us. The beach party had great food, but was very crowded.
Evening entertainment was good, great dancers and musicians. I am not the type who likes to stay up late and party, so it was sufficient. It might be a little dull for people who want more of a party scene.
I heard that the resort was at 60% capacity when we were there. We had no issue getting a lounge chair at the beach or the pool, plenty of shaded spots. The beach was not huge, but sufficient. Not large enough to do walks/runs. Tennis courts were kept nicely. We checked out the island for about an hour one morning, but decided it wasn’t for us.
We attempted to do the glass bottom boat tour and snorkeling, but conditions were not good the days we tried and the trips were canceled. We did do the catamaran cruise and Dunn’s River Falls and enjoyed both. We also kayaked and did the pedal boats.
I would definitely recommend this resort. Overall the food and service was great. We had a nice, relaxing week with fun activities and met lots of other friendly guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios