This was our first trip out of the country and I do not know how any place will be able to top Couples Tower! The food was excellent, make sure to get dinner reservations for all the restaurants right when you get there so you can plan your stay. Eight Rivers was by far our favorite. Bayside was at the bottom of the list (don't get me wrong the food was still very good) but if you don't have time to get to all of them, cut that one.
Also make sure not to miss the catamaran cruise, it is a blast. Make your reservations the day you get there as well! Unfortunately we didn't get to do the snorkeling trip or the glass bottom boat tour due to the water being too choppy towards the end of our stay. We were bummed about that but hopefully next time! We also went on the Dunn's River Falls trip. I had read mixed reviews on this before going but I am so glad we went, I loved it! The place is beautiful and the climb was relatively easy, but we like doing things like that. The hand holding thing was kind of lame, but I think their reasoning for making everyone do that is to help the older/not as active people up. Halfway through we ended up falling to the back of the line so we could climb up on our own.
Don't bother with doing the resort exchange (they let you go to Couples Sans Souci for the day) we did that and found we liked Couples Tower wayyyyy better. If you go there the bus doesn't come back for you until 4 pm so you have to spend the entire day there. We ended up calling a taxi to take us back around noon. It was fun to see the other resort but not worth the whole day.
Get to know the bartenders, it is more fun! They will also make you special drinks. Rohan was our favorite, he was amazing! Everyone there was so nice. The resort is absolutely gorgeous.
The reason I did not give the rooms four stars is we paid to upgrade our room to an ocean view but the view from our room was just some shrubbery. Still a very nice room, just would not pay extra for that in the future.
Take a trip over to the private island, and don't wait until the last day to do it. We thought it would be incredibly awkward, and it was at first, but we ended up enjoying it. Have a couple drinks beforehand, and you will be fine :) The view from the top of the tower is worth it, I got some amazing pictures from up there!
Can't wait to go back to CTI someday! If you are still on the fence about this resort, I made a photobook of our trip. Take a look and feel free to message me if you want more info! It has information on all the activities we did and TONS of pics of the resort.
Here is the link:
Honestly we loved this place and were so spoiled, I don't think any other resort will be able to live up to this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios