This was a last minute on the spur of the moment booking made two weeks before we traveled. Tower Isle is an older hotel having been built in 1949 which is not a problem and gives it a certain colonial air. It has been updated on a number of occasion during its life and maintenance is good and the decoration very pleasing, however some of the room furniture has come to the end of its life and does require replacing.
The welcome when you arrive is very pleasant after the horrors of Montego Bay airport , one of the worst airports I have had the displeasure of using. You are warmly greeted on arrival and treated to a stunning view straight through the lobby to Tower Isle which is a great introduction. We had an Ocean view room high up with an un disturbed view it was a reasonable size and the shower room was fine nothing special but all OK. Food wise there are a number of alternative restaurants to choose from all offering good food the best is the Eight Rivers the only problem with them is the menus never changes so if you are there for two weeks there is no variation but it's not a big deal. The Bay restaurant offers Asian which I would say was the weakest as I didn't think the food was that authentic, I have had far better. The main buffet style restaurant and the Veranda work well for day to day eating offering a good choice and it's all very fresh. The final offering is the pools side grill, we used it once just can't see the point in it there is way better on offer so why use it it's just a sort of glorified burger type place serving food that was warm and un interesting.
The beach and pool areas were fine for the first half of the holiday when the hotel was only 50% occupied, so every thing worked very well plenty of space and high levels of service. Then Easter arrived and it got full so it got harder to fins shade and not always possible to find a table set up and free in the main dining room, so not as good and starting to struggle a bit, the hotel was coming under pressure. The one thing that I seriously didn't like was very loud and drunk Americans round the swim up bar who just got louder and louder until the bar closed at 6.00 why do the have to shout!!!
Overall it's a good hotel with high standards and offers an enjoyable holiday but I would hold back on saying it's amazing there are better but value wise it's a good offering.
Do go on the Dunns river trip, Sunday morning is a good time it's changeover day and there aren't many visitors at the falls. The other thing don't bother with the shopping trip the shops are some of the worst tat I have ever seen a total embarrassment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios