We returned from Tower Isle on the 30th May after a 2 week stay.
Staff we met were very friendly on the whole, a couple we felt were just passing the time of day without really making you feel welcome. At one of the bars, we saw a barman pour a shot, then scan the area looking for a manager, before dropping down to swallow the shot in one. This happened on a few occasions with this bar. Over all thought the staff were good.
There did appear to b a lack of management on view, which I think would help over all if they were about. We have stayed at Sandals for the last few years and there is always management available, which is much better, staff are on their toes because of that.
Rooms were clean, although the floor tiles now need replacing as the majority of the ones in our room were cracked and chipped. The room was made up at different times of the day, so you were never quite sure if it would be ready by 3pm or not. The turn down staff were wonderful and friendly.
Dive staff were great. Unfortunately though you will have to carry your own equipment to and from the boat, beach entry. Never before have I had to do this on an all inclusive holiday or not. Normally the staff load the boat and you just arrive. Although they have a jetty, you have to enter the sea to climb on board. They really should think about using the jetty for gusts to reach the boat. They also need to provide fresh water on board. There was neither drinking water or a bucket for equipment, let alone being able to rinse down after a dive. No towels either. As you have to reach the oat by sea, taking a towel is not an option as it would get wet.
Restaurants: We were there for 2 weeks and the menus other than the Patio, did not change, you had only about 4 choices. I was disappointed with the fish, as in ALL cases when ordering it was over cooked. Same with the steak. Over all though the food was quite good. The Bay Side is lovely, but had the same meal on 3 occasion and only 1 of the 3 was great, the other times it was OK, but you will get bitten by the mosquitoes there, even though I used extra strength OFF! The Patio is far the best. The grill was poor at best. Cold fries over good meal and fish. We ate there a few times as due to trips we missed the buffet. Monday is beach party night, and all the restaurants are closed. They should at least have one open for those who do not want to go to the party.
We were in balance on the last day of our holiday about the place, but the last night made our minds up. We had gone to bed at about 10pm due to having to get up early the next day, and although I was awake, hubby had fallen asleep, they the start a jack hammer outside our room doing some pool repairs!!!! I called the reception who then had a manager call me back, he said that it was unavoidable......... What!!! using a jack hammer at 10.3pm outside bedrooms. It went on for an hour!! Not happy.
We used the Spa twice, and they were great. Can not say enough good things about them.
While we were there, Thompson send photographers to the site to take pictures for the next issue, but after they left, the hotel started painting the outsides of the blocks. Just shows the lack of organisation.
This has now made us decide that Sandals is far better at this type of holiday, and we will never go back to Couples. I know some have enjoyed the experience, but I guess they have not stayed at a better hotel. I recommend trying Sandals, you will see the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios