Couples Tower Isle
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$528
Bookit.com
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
US$83
US$71
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$461
US$424
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$74
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
US$76
Agoda.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$75
Travelocity
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,322 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandnatural islandswim up barwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsour honeymoonglass bottom boatscuba diving
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We returned from Tower Isle on the 30th May after a 2 week stay.

Staff we met were very friendly on the whole, a couple we felt were just passing the time of day without really making you feel welcome. At one of the bars, we saw a barman pour a shot, then scan the area looking for a manager, before dropping down to swallow the shot in one. This happened on a few occasions with this bar. Over all thought the staff were good.

There did appear to b a lack of management on view, which I think would help over all if they were about. We have stayed at Sandals for the last few years and there is always management available, which is much better, staff are on their toes because of that.

Rooms were clean, although the floor tiles now need replacing as the majority of the ones in our room were cracked and chipped. The room was made up at different times of the day, so you were never quite sure if it would be ready by 3pm or not. The turn down staff were wonderful and friendly.

Dive staff were great. Unfortunately though you will have to carry your own equipment to and from the boat, beach entry. Never before have I had to do this on an all inclusive holiday or not. Normally the staff load the boat and you just arrive. Although they have a jetty, you have to enter the sea to climb on board. They really should think about using the jetty for gusts to reach the boat. They also need to provide fresh water on board. There was neither drinking water or a bucket for equipment, let alone being able to rinse down after a dive. No towels either. As you have to reach the oat by sea, taking a towel is not an option as it would get wet.

Restaurants: We were there for 2 weeks and the menus other than the Patio, did not change, you had only about 4 choices. I was disappointed with the fish, as in ALL cases when ordering it was over cooked. Same with the steak. Over all though the food was quite good. The Bay Side is lovely, but had the same meal on 3 occasion and only 1 of the 3 was great, the other times it was OK, but you will get bitten by the mosquitoes there, even though I used extra strength OFF! The Patio is far the best. The grill was poor at best. Cold fries over good meal and fish. We ate there a few times as due to trips we missed the buffet. Monday is beach party night, and all the restaurants are closed. They should at least have one open for those who do not want to go to the party.

We were in balance on the last day of our holiday about the place, but the last night made our minds up. We had gone to bed at about 10pm due to having to get up early the next day, and although I was awake, hubby had fallen asleep, they the start a jack hammer outside our room doing some pool repairs!!!! I called the reception who then had a manager call me back, he said that it was unavoidable......... What!!! using a jack hammer at 10.3pm outside bedrooms. It went on for an hour!! Not happy.

We used the Spa twice, and they were great. Can not say enough good things about them.

While we were there, Thompson send photographers to the site to take pictures for the next issue, but after they left, the hotel started painting the outsides of the blocks. Just shows the lack of organisation.

This has now made us decide that Sandals is far better at this type of holiday, and we will never go back to Couples. I know some have enjoyed the experience, but I guess they have not stayed at a better hotel. I recommend trying Sandals, you will see the difference.

Room Tip: Avoid block 4 if possible as this overlooks the swim up bar and can be very loud. Garden rooms are much quieter. Restricted sea view rooms are just fine. You look out over palm trees that's all, but there is enough space between them to enjoy the view.
2  Thank BeadsTripper
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear BarbBeadle,

Thank you for returning to Couples Tower Isle. Sorry you did not enjoy this visit as much as the first. It was disappointing to learn about the negatives you encountered during your stay. Management has already started reviewing your comments. On the other hand, we are glad there were some positive points that countered the bad. All in all, we will use your insight to improve our product.

Abraham Issa

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked our stay via Costco and appeared to get a very good deal when we compared with other sites. We read a great deal on this site and the Couples sites for suggestions. We contacted the resort and asked for reservations to the two restaurants that required those a week before we arrived. This helped in getting us the seating times we wanted.
Once we arrived in Jamaica we were shown the Couples waiting area and given drinks and a chance to freshen up. After only 20 minutes they said our ride was ready. We had read this was one of the very few times tips were OK. Three pieces of very heavy luggage in a hot parking lot and loading them into the bus for $10.00. I counted that as a deal.
Upon arrival a band was playing welcoming guests and a cool lemon scent face towel was offered. Very nice. The person welcoming us told us to quickly go to the lunch buffet so that we would not miss it. Very nice.
At our room we walked in to a VERY large room, new items and very clean. A stocked mini-frig and a nice shower.

Meals: great selection and great small taste of island food. Nothing overwhelming. Many places to eat, longest wait in line was less than 5 minutes. At the non- buffet restaurants there was always good sized portions and friendly staff.

Resort TO DO stuff: a large number of included( free) water sports and bands, shows. There is Also a large number of off site activities that are a little pricey( 85.00 a person and up). Stick with the free water sports. The staff is very quick to help and make it fun for everyone, including non water sport people

Overall Resort Upkeep- excellent ! They were always painting, cleaning and doing maintenance. It is a very well maintained resort. It is one if the smaller resorts we looked at and that made it the main reason we selected it. Never crowded anywhere. It must be difficult keeping a place like this up with the sea and wind, but they have done it.

Staff- never once, not once did I feel the need or the slightest push for a tip. Even when no other staff was around there was no hey mon and a hand out. I did however tip when I felt I got better than excellent service . Now a tip for you. When you get to your room the Stewart explains the room and shows you a card denoting the available drinks for the mini-frig. Just call a number and they stock it for you. What he failed to tell us was that you MUST be in the room to accept the drinks. So......call and order everything, everything your first day and ask them what time they will be there. We expected an airplane bottle of rum, and the three wines. Nope full size unopened new bottles. Mixing drinks in the room was great.

There are vendors selling items on site. None were pushy or overbearing. Prices were tourist prices and fine.

Issues: as of our 4th day:
1) our reservations for the Bayside restaurant were for 6:15 27 May. We arrived at 6:10. Couples ahead of us were seated and when our turn came the person seating couples stopped to answer his cell phone and continued to talk for some time. To me just a rude thing and back home I would have left.

2) every morning we would go to breakfast around 8 or 8:30. Every morning I would stop at the bar beside the buffet line and get two glasses of Pepsi to have with breakfast . I have never been a coffee person. Each morning the staff at the bar wished me good morning, asked me about my stay and gave me my requested drink. Except on 29 May. This morning the young lady working the bar explained the bar did not open until 10:00. She announced it as if I should know this. I said OK and turned to walk over to the self serve beverage station near the pool. As a turned she saw where I was going and told me I could go over there.

2 minor issues are greatly out weighted by the rest of the stay and all the great interactions and relaxation so we had.
All said.....We Will Be Back

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the end of a hallway. Americans like getting loud to let everyone know how drunk they are.
5  Thank Doc B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just returned after spending 2 fabulous weeks in Couples Tower Isle Jamaica.
Again I had researched TripAdvisor and found the Couples Hotel Group with very favourable
reviews and overall rating.
We booked through Thomson because of the flight from Manchester. The plane was an older
model 767 and was looking pretty tired, but the premium economy service was excellent.
Flight was 10 long hours and when we landed there was a very healthy queue at immigration.

NOTE: There is service which you can pre book through Thomson/Expedia called Mo'Bay, which is express check in and lounge facilities. It gets you through immigration and into an air conditioned lounge and a glass of red stripe beer whilst everyone else is stuck in immigration sweating their socks off!! I know as my socks were soaking!! You can also use Mo'Bay service on departure as well.

As we were booked at Couples, they have their own lounge at the airport, so we were taken there
for a drink and wait for transfer. The transfer was a minibus with everyone else going to resort. It
was not quick (1hr 45mins) and the driver stopped for a break, so his friends could get some
money off tired, thirsty guests.

NOTE: I would advise to book your own private taxi as it would be a lot quicker. Jamaican drivers
are the most relaxed and chilled out as they seem to dawdle everywhere!!

All the traumas of the journey were forgotten as we were dropped off at the reception of the hotel
and you look out through the lobby onto the view of the sea and the Tower Isle that will be your
constant companion for the next 2 weeks. Just Spectacular.

We were given room 2108 which overlooks the main swimming pool. I had emailed the hotel to
request a quiet room and had serious misgivings as our room overlooked the pool/buffet restaurant area where the evening entertainment is most nights. After 2 weeks we could safely say we were either too tired or too drunk to hear much in the way of noise. The room was a great size. Beautiful pool/sea/beach view from balcony and the bathroom was amazing. The minibar service was excellent too as they give you a menu of drinks you can specify everyday. Spirits, soft drinks, beer and wine. The best minibar service we have encountered. Our only complaint regarding the room was the phone did not work. we reported it everyday for days and kept being told that it would be seen to that day or the next. It never was. Not a big issue, but this hotel is so amazing it is a frustrating item that should not appear in my review. In the end I fixed it myself as the cables had been ripped out of the handset connector.

There are 4 restaurants. The Buffett, the Verandah (Jamaican), 8 Rivers (a la carte) and Bayside
(asian). We can safely say the food was pretty amazing, exceptional quality and service and a
mind boggling choice.

NOTE: I would advise to pre book some of your meals before arrival. 8 Rivers and Bayside are the only ones you need reservations for. The Verandah can sometimes can extremely busy when
everyone decides to eat there at the same time!!

The Beach and Pool areas are all excellent. There are no shortage of chairs and Couples even
have these foam beds that you lie on your normal sun bed or you can use as a lilo. Pool is not
deep or big but never seems to get busy either. Beach is long and plenty of sunbeds. the Veggie
bar is by the beach to supply nutritional foods and veggie refreshments. To be honest there are so many bars to get drinks from for such a small intimate hotel. At the far side from us was the swim up bar area and the jetty to Tower Isle. The jetty has loads of sunbeds on as well and as it gets lots of breeze, it is a dangerous place to sunbathe as you cannot feel your skin about to ignite!! the breeze off the sea is an absolute lifesaver and is present nearly every single day.

There are loads of trips & activities included in the package. All water sports including catamaran,
glass bottom boat, Dunns Fall, Margeuritaville, scuba, speedboat, windsurfing the list is amazing.
One of the trips you can do is called Trading Places and on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday you can spend the day in the nearby sister resort of Sans Souci. Well worth doing, it is a beautiful resort in itself, set on one side down a steep hill and the other open to two large beaches. We found the breeze to be considerably less and therefore the resort considerably hotter & sticker than Tower Isle. Service, staff, food etc are equal to Tower Isle. first Impressions from the Brits there is they thought some guests are too loud. I think it is a much quieter resort than Tower Isle so when you do get overly loud guests, they seem a lot worse than they are. The rowdiness seemed to be at the pool bar end of the main beach and they were noticeable but not overly offensive. If you booked this resort you would be extremely pleased. We even encouraged the Brits to spend the day @ Tower Isle as they were not aware of the facility.

Staff: the staff are what make this place so special. They are extremely attentive, friendly and so
laid back cool you have to admire them. Nothing is a problem, they are always smiling and they are always happy!! From our two week stay there were a couple of staff that stood out, mainly because we kept bumping into them at meals or the bar, but the WHOLE staff team were amazing and contributed to our amazing holiday.
Ronald's & Ricardo from the piano bar for their excellent drinks service and general evening chit
chat.
Odane, who was the cheekiest, funniest and general prankster of the staff, he worked at the
Verandah & main restaurant area as a waiter, comedian, entertainer, dancer and of other things a chef!!!! He often tried to claim credit for the amazing food we were eating, either he had cooked it or he had trained the person who had cooked it!!!
Ramon one of the lifeguards who always stopped for a chat and always smiling even after hurting
his shoulder.
Delroy from the beach who could tell an English person just by looking at them!!
Arnold from water activities who took us out on the speedboat only for it to breakdown!! He was a
fountain of knowledge and conversation whilst we waited an hour to be rescued!!
Gary one the drivers/security/piano bar singer. He drive us to Dunns Fall and had the bus in
stitches with his sermons and singing on 'LOVE!!'
All in all it was one of the best holidays we have had... ever!!. We now want to try the 2 couples hotels in Negril but we will definitely return to Couples Tower Isle.
Due to fact Couples includes so many trips and facilities within their inclusive package, you can make the holiday as action packed or as restful as your needs demand.
It was holiday heaven!!!

Room Tip: Our room was 2108 over the main pool and beach. Was near to all the action and the food & bar areas. Lovely room
11  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed easter weekend at Couples TI for 7 days. We booked Club Mobay for our arrival and departure to fast track through customs. If you are flying in on a saturday I highly recommend Club Mobay. It would have taken us 3 hours verses 40 minutes. I cannot say enought about this resort! Rooms, service and food were top notched. Not once did the food in the main dining room get boring and all 3 restaurants were amazing. All activities are included in your stay. Snokeling... let's just say.... was breathtaking. Tower Island is across from the resort and it is Aul Natural. I do want to say this is not a swingers resort. The resort is small and the beach is private which is why we picked this. Oh and BTW, the beds where amazily comfortable!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms but the delux garden have ocean views. Don't pay the higher price for the premier ocean rooms that are in building #1 and #2
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank togetheratast
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We returned a week ago from this lovely Hotel, the recetion on arrival was quick and efficient with a cool towel and choice of drinks both of which were very welcome after the transfer from Montego Bay.
Our room wasclean and comfortable with a lovely sea view and the standard of cleanliness was
maintained throughout our stay.
The selection of food in the Patio Restaurant (Buffet) was very good and something for everyone,replenished frequently during service.
The A la carte restaurants, Verranda and Eight Rivers were lovely and we experienced top service in these, along with excellent wine choices. Bayside Asian was alovely venue and again perfect service and food.

To name all of the staff who were so efficient would take to long. A huge thankyou to you all for making our stay such a delight. The General Manager and his Team of Managers are to be congratulated on their Team who have obviously been well trained. We hopefully will return.

2  Thank Kentjag