“Wow...really impressed...Jamaica does it right!”
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Couples Tower Isle
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our 1st time to Jamaica and Couples. We stayed 7 nights, we are late 30's/early40's age group. Airport was non eventful, no problems with lines; typical island airport. We did travel on Thursday going and returning which helps. The couples lounge was great; 2 Red Stripes, bags taken care of, and we were on our way. Ride is long as expected (1hr 40min) but our driver was great at pointing out all the sites. The resort could work on the return ride timing a little bit. There is no need to leave the resort at 9:30am for a 2pm flight, we would have much rather spent more time at the resort.

Arrival was great, band playing, immediate view and ocean breeze in your face...drink in hand and quick check in. Kayeena at concierge desk is awesome! We stayed in a premier ocean room, # 1201. Bellhop to our room was fantastic, very informative. View was unobstructed and gorgeous, room very clean. We were westward facing with great sunset views. Adequate bathroom. Minibar always stocked and anytime we needed more wine we just made a phone call. And yes you can drink the water. I drank it all week and never had a "problem". Temperature control was no issue, we were always comfortable. My husband loved the pillows. Balcony was great to sit on in am and late evenings. Only room problem was this returning odor virtually every evening after dinner. Certainly smelled like a plumbing issue. We asked housekeeping for a candle and received one almost immediately with a lighter. The staff at this resort are AMAZING. I wish I could remember all the names but I can not say enough about the service here. This place is small and more intimate as we like, and we loved the retro décor and feel of the resort.

Food and drinks are delicious all around. I don't love buffets at resorts but the breakfast buffet at The Patio is fantastic, we never missed it (Orlenga...sp ? he is great). We ate lunch there twice and it was equally as good. We did the Veggie Bar one day for lunch and it was even good. At the Pool Grill I ate the jerk chicken and coleslaw every time, it is fantastic. The fried calamari is surprisingly good. We hit Eight Rivers the 1st and 2nd nights...amazing food and service (Kemar our server was great!). Bring pants guys...it's worth it. We also ate at Bayside twice, great food as well and the setting on the ocean is awesome (I can only remember the name Charles but he was working with someone else...and those guys were awesome!) The Verandah was great too, ate there once. Their Gala night and Beach night food was probably the best I've had at a resort "theme night", they really do it right. I will say our server that set up a new table for us at Beach night was awesome. All the bars will make you whatever you want just ask. Rohan at the swim-up bar makes a great Bob Marley shot! Again the staff will really get whatever you ask for, it is always "no problem, ya mon". Ava from entertainment is one of the nicest people I've ever met!

Beach is wonderful, activities are plentiful. Jamaica does not have a bug problem and chairs were abundant. Weather was a little windy but mostly always sunny and ~ 85, some choppy water but that is just island travel. We spend a lot of time on the beach versus pools, but both pools were fun too. We are PADI certified and did 2 dives, they have a great boat and staff is great (thanks Chris and Douglas!) We did the Sunset Catamaran cruise and had a great time even in the rain. The snorkeling is pretty good at the stop, our captain advised us where to swim to and we saw lots of cool stuff. We took out the "mini" catamaran and also did the water bikes and had a blast. The Dunn's River Falls is amazing! The driver for this excursion (Gary ?) is fantastic. You can't not do this. I won't go into detail about the island but how can you go to Couples Tower Isle and not at least try the "isle", it is beautiful.

Night life is relaxed, but you can always find somewhere to sit around and listen to music. The singer (can't remember his name) for the bon-fire on the beach was great! Steel drum band was very good. There were some technical difficulties with the sound system at The Gala night but it was a beautiful setup around the pool. The ambiance of the piano bar is really cool but so-so on the piano playing and singing. Beach night games/entertainment was fun to watch. The band that plays on the stage at The Patio Restaurant is good too. The purple bar (don't know the name) down on beach level is really cool inside.

We would definitely return to a Couples Resort...can't wait to try Negril next time :)

7  Thank Dolezilek
There are newer reviews for Couples Tower Isle

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

If you want less than perfection then you dont want to visit Couples Tower. My wife and accompanied her sister and now new husband to the resort and were extremely impressed with everything they had to offer. Water sports.... Perfect, Drinks pool side..... Perfect, Off site excursions..... Perfect. Some of the reviews spoke of people being aggressive for tips but we must of been there on a off week because that wasn't our experience. The staff was professional. The rooms were always tidy. The grill stayed open until 4a and offered multiple items including jerk chicken that hit the spot everytime. We will be back and we will be brringing others with us. This was our idea of paradise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shane M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a perfect honeymoon here! So many of the people we met were repeat guests, which really says something about the quality and value you get at CTI. The best thing about the resort is the service. The staff is SO friendly and they truly care about providing the vacation of a lifetime. The list of inclusions was so expansive we barely brought out our wallet the entire time, which added to the total relaxation. I would recommend CTI to anyone looking for a getaway for two.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tiffany D
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Drive from airport was a bit long after flying all day but once we got to CTI it was all worth it. We hadn't even gotten off the shuttle when we were asked if we'd like a refreshing cool towel & a drink. Check in was super easy, no delays whatsoever. The lobby was open and cool breeze ran through it overall a very nice welcoming. Our room 3324 had such a breathtaking view that made up for the room being a little outdated. The bed was super comfortable. Food, drinks & excursions were excellent. We've stayed at all inclusive resorts in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, Los Cabos and they do not compare to CTI's. There was also lots of activities to do daily. What I loved most about our vacation was that we were never told No.....everything was Ya Mon :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1686vjv
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Been back for about two weeks and find that I have looked at least 10 times at the pictures imagining myself there again.

First off, club mobay wasn't worth it. But it may have been that I arrived at a good time. There were a lot of people in the line, but it moved very fast. People who were in the long line and on our plane passed us.

The drive is long, but relax, enjoy the scenenry and check out all the goats and donkeys.

Arrival was nice, band playing, the ocean and a drink. Check in was a breeze. We ate at all of the resturants, I have nothing but compliments. We enjoyed all the food. Veggie bar was really good for a coconut mid-day and a snack. Oh and the bar grill had great jerk chicken.

Dunns river falls was so much fun. A must do for all ages. Well maybe those over 6.

Sand was really nice. No sand fleas. A flag on the beach to indicate another drink. The water people are helpful in explaining if you want to try something new. Hobie cats were really fun. We never went in the pools, so I can't say much about them, except they looked pretty. But I would rather be in the ocean if I had a choice.

Did not venture to naked island. Just not my thing, but it appears people who went had a good time.

We cannot wait to go back :)

Oh and make sure you listen to Leonardo Carmichael and the band, eclectic and very talented. Steel drums and dancers are also amazing. It may not be a late night party resort but my husband and I found something to dance to every night.

Another Tip- Put the do not distrub on your door when your in there. They do turn down service and you may get surprised.

10  Thank Mindalina1
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We traveled to Couple TI in late April 2014. We booked our trip through Costco and I would definitely recommend that. It was several hundred dollars cheaper than anywhere else and it came with a VIP pass to Club Mobay at the Montego Bay airport. This pass allows pass-holders to skip to the front of the security line which saved us about an hour. Once through security, you have access to the Club Mobay lounge, which has free food and drinks, private bathrooms, etc. It was a nice perk. We had a wonderful time at TI. One of the selling points for us was the abundance of available beach and pool chairs. We have been to other AIs where we had to wake up early just to reserve chairs which isn't terrible but we prefer to sleep in on our vacation. The best meal we had was at the Thai restaurant and the best entertainment was the steel drum band. That really is a must-see. We did the glass bottom boat and snorkeling. The snorkeling was amazing; our trip went to the sunken ship and it was our favorite activity. The glass bottom boat also went to the sunken ship, so we felt like we had already seen everything there, but it was still enjoyable. We also did the catamaran cruise but I probably wouldn't do it again. Once we were on the boat, the staff (not Couples staff) tried to force couples into poses so that they could take photos and try to sell them to us. They also wanted us to buy tshirts and dance to the music. If you go with a group of people you know it could be fun, but it all just felt too forced for us. Overall, trip was wonderful and we'd love to go back. The service was good; during peak hours things are slower as probably expected. My biggest complaint (and hopefully this says a lot) was the cage of large birds on the grounds by the spa. The cage was not large enough for birds of that size and they were displaying signs of stress and anxiety. They looked like parrots, and all three of them had bald spots where they had plucked their plumage. The resort is beautiful enough without the birds. On my comment card I asked the resort to consider giving them to a sanctuary. I hope more people do the same. Enjoy your trip!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Sutema
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visit Jamaica at least once a year and usually stay at one of the larger all-inclusives ie Riu hotels, Gran Bahia, Grand Palladium etc. This time we opted for something more intimate - and it was a great decision. Tower Isle has all the quality of the mega-hotels but delivers it with a more personal touch. The beach and area surrounding the hotel is limited but there is a nudist island if you're up for it. We had a rental car and took a drive down to the blue lagoon near Port Antonio. It was stunning. There are no words to describe the beautiful colour of the water. Food at the hotel was really good. The mini-deserts are sooooo irresistible that I ended up eating only salads and cakes at every meal time (saving my main course calories for the raspberry mousse or crème brulee!!) Hotel was spotless. Service was great. It wasn't too busy and never felt crowded or had to scurry to grab a sunbed. Apart from a few loud, drunken Americans at the pool bar it was very relaxing and everyone was friendly. We had a deluxe ocean front room which was amazing but the gardens are also lovely so there's really not a bad room in the place. Beach party was good fun with dancers, drummers and then the guests making a fool of themselves on stage. I laughed so much my face hurt. One major plus for us was that Wi-Fi is free and available all over the hotel. The signal wasn't always good but it was way more convenient than some of the large hotels that restrict your Wi-Fi to 90 mins once per day (Riu, Mo Bay) or charge you extra to use it. That alone would make me pick Couples the next time. Be aware that the north side of the island has quite choppy waters so if it's swimming in the sea you want then you'd be better off in Negril. If you're looking for sheer relaxation, a nice Caribbean breeze on your face and delicious food then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you need good, unrestricted Wi-Fi access this is the place.
12  Thank lulujambo
#13 of 80 in Negril
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!