This was our 1st time to Jamaica and Couples. We stayed 7 nights, we are late 30's/early40's age group. Airport was non eventful, no problems with lines; typical island airport. We did travel on Thursday going and returning which helps. The couples lounge was great; 2 Red Stripes, bags taken care of, and we were on our way. Ride is long as expected (1hr 40min) but our driver was great at pointing out all the sites. The resort could work on the return ride timing a little bit. There is no need to leave the resort at 9:30am for a 2pm flight, we would have much rather spent more time at the resort.
Arrival was great, band playing, immediate view and ocean breeze in your face...drink in hand and quick check in. Kayeena at concierge desk is awesome! We stayed in a premier ocean room, # 1201. Bellhop to our room was fantastic, very informative. View was unobstructed and gorgeous, room very clean. We were westward facing with great sunset views. Adequate bathroom. Minibar always stocked and anytime we needed more wine we just made a phone call. And yes you can drink the water. I drank it all week and never had a "problem". Temperature control was no issue, we were always comfortable. My husband loved the pillows. Balcony was great to sit on in am and late evenings. Only room problem was this returning odor virtually every evening after dinner. Certainly smelled like a plumbing issue. We asked housekeeping for a candle and received one almost immediately with a lighter. The staff at this resort are AMAZING. I wish I could remember all the names but I can not say enough about the service here. This place is small and more intimate as we like, and we loved the retro décor and feel of the resort.
Food and drinks are delicious all around. I don't love buffets at resorts but the breakfast buffet at The Patio is fantastic, we never missed it (Orlenga...sp ? he is great). We ate lunch there twice and it was equally as good. We did the Veggie Bar one day for lunch and it was even good. At the Pool Grill I ate the jerk chicken and coleslaw every time, it is fantastic. The fried calamari is surprisingly good. We hit Eight Rivers the 1st and 2nd nights...amazing food and service (Kemar our server was great!). Bring pants guys...it's worth it. We also ate at Bayside twice, great food as well and the setting on the ocean is awesome (I can only remember the name Charles but he was working with someone else...and those guys were awesome!) The Verandah was great too, ate there once. Their Gala night and Beach night food was probably the best I've had at a resort "theme night", they really do it right. I will say our server that set up a new table for us at Beach night was awesome. All the bars will make you whatever you want just ask. Rohan at the swim-up bar makes a great Bob Marley shot! Again the staff will really get whatever you ask for, it is always "no problem, ya mon". Ava from entertainment is one of the nicest people I've ever met!
Beach is wonderful, activities are plentiful. Jamaica does not have a bug problem and chairs were abundant. Weather was a little windy but mostly always sunny and ~ 85, some choppy water but that is just island travel. We spend a lot of time on the beach versus pools, but both pools were fun too. We are PADI certified and did 2 dives, they have a great boat and staff is great (thanks Chris and Douglas!) We did the Sunset Catamaran cruise and had a great time even in the rain. The snorkeling is pretty good at the stop, our captain advised us where to swim to and we saw lots of cool stuff. We took out the "mini" catamaran and also did the water bikes and had a blast. The Dunn's River Falls is amazing! The driver for this excursion (Gary ?) is fantastic. You can't not do this. I won't go into detail about the island but how can you go to Couples Tower Isle and not at least try the "isle", it is beautiful.
Night life is relaxed, but you can always find somewhere to sit around and listen to music. The singer (can't remember his name) for the bon-fire on the beach was great! Steel drum band was very good. There were some technical difficulties with the sound system at The Gala night but it was a beautiful setup around the pool. The ambiance of the piano bar is really cool but so-so on the piano playing and singing. Beach night games/entertainment was fun to watch. The band that plays on the stage at The Patio Restaurant is good too. The purple bar (don't know the name) down on beach level is really cool inside.
We would definitely return to a Couples Resort...can't wait to try Negril next time :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios