Couples Tower Isle
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotwire.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$96
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$606
US$528
Hotels.com
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$437
US$424
Travelocity
US$83
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$77
Hotwire.com
US$683
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,303 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandnatural islandswim up barwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsour honeymoonglass bottom boatscuba diving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Spent a week here to celebrate our honeymoon. I have found during my time there that the employees are much nicer to the 'repeat' customers, than they were to us. The one exception would be the water sports employees, who were always very friendly. The buildings are pretty dirty and old and could definitely use a face lift. The piano bar smelled like a fraternity basement (stale beer). The veggie bar, while very tasty, only has one employee and the wait time was always outrageous. Our first dinner there (and first night as a married couple) was the Beach Welcome BBQ and they crammed another couple at our small table (romantic, right?). We enjoyed the Bayside dinner location, but the wait time was outrageous. Our dinner took 3 hours...though they were good there about refreshing our champagne. The other sit down restaurants would never bring our drinks. The service was terrible! Not the relaxing, romantic honeymoon I dreamed about...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kayla G
Abraham I, Owner at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Kayla G,

Congratulations and thank you for spending your honeymoon at Couples Tower Isle. It was disappointing to hear that your vacation did not go as well as expected. Couples Resorts extends it’s sincerest apologies for this unfortunate experience. Please recognize that we treat every customer equally and always intend to provide excellent service.

Regards,
Abraham Issa

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at Tower Isle from June 25th - July 4th. Brilliant holiday, we both really enjoyed ourselves.
Travelling from the UK, the journey is a very long one - with the added 2 hour bus journey after a 9 hour flight! We was aware of this, but no air con made the journey seem a lot longer!
We didn't use the Club Mobay service, didn't feel we needed to either. The airport didn't take too long to get through customs, I was a bit disappointed when we got to the Couples part of the hotel and not offered a drink or anything - two other couples waiting there had beers etc in hand! Not very fair. We were very rushed on to the bus, and the man asking for a tip for doing absolutely nothing was a bit of a joke!

Arriving at the hotel, absolutely breath taking. The views from the lobby of the beach and island are amazing. A cocktail in hand as soon as we arrive, what a lovely touch.

Our room was everything we could have hoped for. So much space, so clean and tidy. We had a garden view room, only downside is that we had lovely palm trees one side and all the tops of the buildings etc on the other. We had paid to upgrade our room so that was a little disappointing.

Room service is great, you have to be in your room to collect and sign for it but that was never an issue for us.

The lady who cleaned our room was lovely, such a kind happy lady. Didn't catch her name, but if they allowed tips in the resort - she would have been the person to get one.

The food selection is great, we never felt hungry as there was always so much choice. We dined in the Bayside and The Verendah. We didn't eat in Eight Rivers as the menu didn't change the whole time we were there! The Verandah however, was the best meal I had whilst I was there. Fab service and yummy food. I really did enjoy it!
Bayside wasn't for me. I felt the waiter in there was quite rude because we hadn't dined in there before and seemed to rush us through our courses. I wouldn't have gone back even if I enjoyed the food, but I didn't.

The entertainment the hotel has to offer is brilliant, always something on for everyone. It isn't so much of a night life resort but the entertainment was still enjoyable and we never had any complaints.

We went to the Dunns River Falls & the shopping trip - the shopping trip is very repetitive and the sales people in the shops do not leave you alone. I have experienced that in other countries but nothing compared to here. It put us off completely and decided to not leave the resort after that. Which was a shame.
Definitely do Dunns River Falls, brilliant experience and so much fun. Take your own waterproof camera so you don't have to spend $40 on a dvd with about 15 mins of footage. Totally not worth the money.

Lovely, relaxing holiday. We enjoyed the Jacuzzis by the pool and the games room when we wanted to just chill out and have fun. There is lots to do, if you want to or just lovely to relax and enjoy the amazing views.

If we were to go back to Jamaica, I would probably chose a resort closer to the airport as the commute didn't sell it for me to go back there. I couldn't fault Couples so would look in to their others hotels.

I only had a few niggling complaints, but nothing that could of spoiled the holiday. We wanted to stay in our room a little longer (2pm pick up and 11am check out) and we were told we could stay there until 12.30pm ... at the cost of $100!!!! Couldn't believe it and quickly declined. Also, the costs of the photos they take, insane. I think its great that so much is included but the things that aren't are so expensive, it really shocked me.

Other than that, great holiday. Great memories. Thank you Jamaica.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just back from CTI, travelled for our anniversary from UK. The transfer time from airport is about 1hr 45mins, but treat it as part of the experience lots to see on the journey. The resort is great with all the staff approachable and friendly, the service is excellent and the food fantastic. Each day the bar staff would bring ready made "today's special" cocktail to bathers on the beach. We had room 1203 and had a great sea view, including the island, only down point being the air condition not being cool enough and the shower being very poor. Neither spoiled the holiday though. We did go on the trips to Dunns River Falls and the shopping trip to Ocho Rios. I would recommend the Falls trip but thought the shopping trip disappointing as all three areas the same with little variety. All in all a great holiday made by the fantastic staff at CTI, the work and effort the put into both the pool and beach parties was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ronnie S
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I went to Couples Tower Isle to celebrate our anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in a 1 room suite that was overlooking the ocean and the private island that the resort owns. The hotel is designed in an old english style and if you are looking for new and modern rooms this isn't the resort for you. The bathroom, for a 1 bedroom suite, was a bit tight but acceptable. The resort is easily a 1hr and 45 min drive from the Montego Bay airport so just be aware of the added time in transport.

One of the reasons we chose this resort was the abundant choices for activities that were included. You can choose from scuba, snorkeling, water skiing, kayaking, volleyball to many other options. The two that my wife tried were snorkeling and kayaking and both were very enjoyable.

Food was above average for an all inclusive resort and the drinks were just fine. The only two things that I would like to have seen were: better wait service around the pool and beach. Several times I ordered a drink and it either took 30+ min to arrive or it just never came. Unfortunately most of the time there wasn't a waiter to be found to place an order for a drink. Not a huge inconvenience but still noticeable. The other was the lack of available shade by the pool or beach. There are several trees on the beach and by the pool that do offer shade but other than that you are pretty much out of luck. If you are traveling to the Caribbean in mid July you will probably want some shade to keep from getting burned.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that faces the ocean. Worth it for the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned back from CTI and would definitely 100% recommend it. We absolutely loved pretty much everything about it.....
A great hotel - It is a long drive from the airport to the hotel, especially after a 9+ hour flight, so a private taxi makes transfer much quicker, and the drivers are so interesting pointing out places of interest along the way.
I would also the recommend Club Mo Bay services at the airport - they are super efficient and quickly fast track you through immigration... well worth the cost.

CTI beach is great, always sun beds available, plus you can always find a cooling breeze which was much appreciated !
Both pools were good - it was very hot - not much shade.

Bedrooms are spacious and comfortable - we travelled from the UK with Thomson and paid extra for a "partial ocean view " room upgrade, and I have to admit that I was a little concerned about how partial our ocean view would be, but if you have booked this option then worry not, as you will have a great ocean view - but probably not of the island. We were located in block 5
( request a high floor for best view). Room was quiet, no noise from the pool areas, and the spacious balcony gets the sun from 2pm.

The Food is great
The restaurants offer excellent food and choice, but have to say that in our opinion the Eight Rivers restaurant was a little over rated - only dined there once.
Highlights - Monday beach party and Saturday dinner around the pool...so pretty with all the palm trees lit up- great food and live music.

The staff are awesome !

All guests receive a CTI water flask, and there are water stations throughout the hotel where you can refill with cold filtered drinking water.

Room service was prompt and excellent - premium brands

Golf - played golf at the Sandals resort Upton Hills Course - free transfer from CTI - ask for Delroy Golding a great caddy.

CTI offer various free excursions - we went on the shopping excursion to Ocho Rios.We laugh about it now, but thankfully it only lasted 2 hours.
You are taken to a very small gated shopping area, with all stores selling typical tourist t-shirts and souvenirs - as soon as we got off the bus the driver was insistent and tried to herd us all into two particular stores - made us think that someone must be getting some sort of commission from this - you need to bargain hard.... it all adds to the holiday experience.

Just a final observation - there were three 3 parrots who are all in one small cage in the garden - they were clearly well feed and had water, but the cage seemed so small.
Maybe there is a good reason for this, but they looked so sad.... Maybe more space for them to spread their wings CTI ?

Room Tip: Rooms in Block 5 are quiet - a higher floor offers better ocean views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family