“Didn't have to lift one finger”
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Couples Tower Isle
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Fenton, Missouri
“Didn't have to lift one finger”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you want top notch service and enjoy being waited on hand and foot then look no further. You will not want for anything at Couples Tower Isle. Now, I want to be honest in this review and state that this trip was a lot of firsts for me and my boyfriend. My first time flying and going out of the country. He had flown but never stepped off US soil before. We stayed 5 nights 6 days July 13th thru the 18th. We chose Jamaica after extensive research and narrowed it down to Ochos Rios as the Dunns River Faexpensivelyen on my bucket list for many years. This leads me to the great value you receive at CTI.

The Dunns river trip along with several other excursions are included with your stay. For those who enjoy water sports and even venturing outside of the resort its really a great deal. We did a glass bottom boat tour and a catamaran cruise in addition to the falls. Side note they also offer free tennis, the courts are across the street. Sadly my boyfriend felt a little under the weather the day we planned on doing the tennis clinic, I wish we could have taken advantage of the opportunity. They also have awesome entertainment we really enjoyed the Monday night beach party and the steel drum orchestra. Honestly I don't know if anything else went on in the evenings while we were there as we were in bed by 8:30 most nights. All that relaxing in the sun wears you out. :)

Room: we stayed in 4105 deluxe ocean view and the view was to die for. Overlooked ocean, lawn with gazebo and swim up bar. I was a little concerned about swim up bar and noise after reading reviews claiming those who stayed near it not getting any sleep. I don't see how that is possible as it closes at 6 every day. Had a leak in the ceiling when we arrived, someone came to look at it and had it fixed in under 20 minutes tops. Shower head is great, only complaint is that you will have water on the floor after use due to a small ledge separating shower floor from rest of room, and the sinks aren't engineered all that great. They're pretty but do hold water. Didn't bother me much, you're not stuck in the bathroom long anyways.

Food: our favorite was a tie between the verandah and 8 rivers. Make sure to reserve 8 rivers and bayside asap. Bayside was good but omg hot! You get all dressed up and wind up sitting outside in humidity but its a great atmosphere and the food is terrific. We did patio every day for breakfast it did get repetitive but was always good. Pool grill is perfect for lunch try the jerk chicken for sure.

Drinks: If you love rum you'll be in heaven. Me, its fine for the first day after that too darn sweet, I'm a vodka gal. Heads up ask for the good stuff. You can find yourself drinking 5-6 drinks and no buzz at all. I learned top shelf is really hidden on the bottom, wish we would have realized this sooner. They have grey goose at the piano bar. ;)

Every worker we met seemed to love their job and was genuinely happy which was truly the best aspect of our stay.Byron the bellhop lit up when he told us hes worked there for 30 years. Jamaica is a beautiful, proud country and this resort allows you to experience it in the best way imaginable. You truly don't lift one finger not once did I pull out a chair, open a door or even turn over a glass or place a napkin in my hand. You leave feeling like royalty, I already miss hearing"my lady" every day :) I extensively looked on trip advisor before selecting this resort and hope my review does it justice. It's not huge nor is it tiny and crowded I suspect that helps account to the staffs attentiveness. Would I go back? Absolutely, would I try another couples? Yes, already thinking about swept away in Negril. Jamaica stole my heart as did the couples brand. Thank you to all for making our first vacation effortless and fantastic.

PS: do let the photographer take your photos we purchased some very nice pictures including one in a frame, and do yourself a favor get the Mobay pass, our agent had it priced higher and didn't do it on way there you can buy it for $30 a person at the resort for trip home. Trust me just pay the extra cash and enjoy the included food and drinks.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Kelsie9008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I'm a little late with this review but thought it only fair to review this hotel before I review my the hotel of my most recent visit to Jamaica.

My husband and I visited Couples Tower Isle for a week in July 2012 and were married there on the lawn overlooking the ocean on July 24th, 2012. From the time we were greeted in the Couples Lounge until the time we left the resort we had an amazing experience.

We were greeted with cocktails at the airport lounge and within 5 minutes were on our way in the shuttle to the resort. Although the trip is approx. 1.5 hrs it went by quickly as absorbed all of Jamaica on our way. My husband is originally from Jamaica and had not been back in almost 15 yrs so he was truly enjoying the scenery as I was myself. Byron greeted us upon arrival at the resort with a cold towel and another welcome drink. The check in process took all of 10 minutes max. and we immediately booked our dinner reservations as well with plenty of options and time slots available.

We had a superior ocean view room on the same level as the lobby that overlooked the pool bar and ocean. Some one the hallways did smell a bit of mildew but it was extremely humid and rained a but before we arrived so it didn't bother us too much. Our room had no issues and was always clean and very comfortable.

We enjoyed both of the pool but spent most of our time by the pool bar and in the ocean. Never had any trouble finding lounging spots in any location. Loved the floating loungers you could take into the ocean. The ocean wasn't as clear as I thought it would be but it still felt great and we really enjoyed it.

We dined in each of the restaurants and all were fantastic including the buffet. Bayside on the water had fantastic views and if you looked over the railing you could see lots of fish in the water. The food was great along with the service. Eight Rivers was the fine dining option and we enjoyed lobster night there along with the night of our wedding. The buffet had great selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We also enjoyed the jerk chicken at the snack bar for lunch and late night snacks. The chef even shared the jerk chicken recipe with us.

We had a very small wedding, just my husband and I along with 3 family members who live in Jamaica. We did have to pay $50 USD pp to come onto the resort for 3 hours but they were able to enjoy everything at the resort including food and beverages. The wedding was completely free with our 6+ night stay. This included the flowers, cake, officiant, wedding planner, and our choice of location. They made it so simple which was exactly what we wanted. I decided to have my hair done in the spa as well. They did a great job and were very receptive to my requests and the price was very fair. As a bonus we also received just married t-shirts and a free 30-minute couples massage. The whole thing was perfect!

We went on the catamaran excursion and Dunns River and both were quite fun.

The staff at the resort were all amazing. From the front desk staff, the housekeeping, grounds staff, events and entertainment, and dining. Everyone learned our names and we felt like family.

We definitely plan on returning to this resort- most likely for our 5 year anniversary. We may split it between 2 Couples resorts so we can experience other parts of Jamaica as well.

Room Tip: Although the gardens at the hotel are beautiful, the frogs can be pretty loud at night on that side...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I just returned after a 4 night/5 day stay at Couples Tower Isle.

Upon arrival, we ordered room service and I was really disappointed. I was nervous that the food was going to be terrible, but it wasn't! (we never ordered room service again, though). All of the restaurants and even the pool grill were wonderful!

Room was neat and clean, staff was friendly and courteous, and we enjoyed our time.

The resort is relatively small, so it was never too crowded.

A few cons: there there were no umbrellas or the like at the beach or pools. Also, it's a good 2 hour drive from the airport (Montego Bay)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visited here in June on a work trip. It was a shame we only stayed here for 3 nights, could of happily stayed for a lot longer. The staff could not do any more for you, always on hand to assist any needs. We ate at the Patio restaurant for breakfast every day we where there, which was possibly the best Buffet restaurant I have ever been to. the second night was where here we ate at the Eight Rivers which was a lovely restaurant with a lovely feel to it. The menu had a really good choice and the steak was amazing. Every Monday night at the CTI is beach party night, which was a really fun night, the food was really good, traditional Jamaican and good entertainment and CTI put on a complimentary bus and free entry to Margaritaville. When staying here we had a free afternoon so we got a chance to explore the hotel and found ourselves on the Catamaran Cruise which was a good trip out and a good laugh. My room at the CTI was amazing, the views look right out onto the ocean which where breath taking. I loved my stay in Jamaica and cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: Definitely a sea view room! Views are amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Brimfield, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I have recently returned from our 15th visit to Couples Tower Isle. Pretty obvious that we love the place and if you go, I'm sure you will too. No matter your reason for wanting to go to Jamaica as a couple, you cannot go wrong at CTI. If you want action filled vacation then the list of inclusions is incredible. Snorkeling, glass bottom boat rides, catamaran trips, water skiing, ocean canoe, Trips to Dunns River falls, shopping trips, wind surfing, hobie cats, water trikes, golf, transportation to and from Margaritaville, and don't forget the offshore au-natural island.
If instead, you prefer a more relaxed vacation there is a beautiful beach with plenty of lounge chairs and beach side bar service and two pools to float around in. One of which has a swim up bar so you don't even have to leave the water to get a drink.
The food is very. very good. The main resturant is an open air, buffet style that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you cannot find something here that you like then you are simply not hungry. There are also 3 sit-down resturants where you order off of a menu. Eight Rivers features fine cuisine in an air-conditioned atmosphere and The Verandah which is less formal but still inside in the air-conditioning. There is also an Asain resturant in a very unique setting. It is an open-air resturant and it is built directly over the water. There is also a beach grill for a quick snack or late night snack. Beach wear is acceptable here and you can get things like burgers, fries, onion rings, jerk chicken, nachos and much more.
The rooms are very spacious and kept very clean by an incredible housekeepping staff. There is and in-room safe for your valuables and every room has it own mini-bar. If you prefer to eat in your room, just dial up room service or if you want breakfast, just fill out your menu and leave it on your door with the time you want it! There is also in room wi-fi but sometimes the signal is not the greatest. No worries because they also have an air-conditioned computer room available 24 hrs. a day also included
There are three bars plus a swim-up bar on the au-natural island. And the bar staff is top notch. Always smiling and always ready to have fun with the guests. In fact, the staff at this resort is the number one reason that we keep returning. We have been to several other resorts in Jamaica and can say with confidence that Couples Tower Isle has the best staff of them all. We will definitely be returning next year and every year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jamerican1999
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went to the resort to celebrate a wedding and had a wonderful time. One of the things I liked best about the resort was that the beach was private. It was small but we didn't have any trouble finding chairs on the beach when we wanted to. Some days the swim up bar pool would fill up quickly but it was never too bad.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we arrived they quickly unloaded our bags and got us a rum drink with in minutes of getting off the shuttle. It was so convenient to have the shuttle service to and from Montego Bay.

Would definitely go back. If you go, Dunn's River Falls is a must do excursion, so pretty and fun. You will get wet and I wish I had taken a waterproof camera.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

we stayed at CTI for our honeymoon, first off the resort was amazing!. the food exceeded our expectations not to mention the reviews read.The staff was friendly and polite as well as always smiling.however dispite the wonderful vacation, we had a few problems with miguel and ryan from the entertainment crew.Though they were friendly and fun, they always wanted tips! which was a major disappointment.We tipped them several times after which we were told by other guests tipping is prohibited.Overall the vacation was lovely and i'm anxious to go back.

• Stayed June 2014
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace Jamaica
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!