If you want top notch service and enjoy being waited on hand and foot then look no further. You will not want for anything at Couples Tower Isle. Now, I want to be honest in this review and state that this trip was a lot of firsts for me and my boyfriend. My first time flying and going out of the country. He had flown but never stepped off US soil before. We stayed 5 nights 6 days July 13th thru the 18th. We chose Jamaica after extensive research and narrowed it down to Ochos Rios as the Dunns River Faexpensivelyen on my bucket list for many years. This leads me to the great value you receive at CTI.
The Dunns river trip along with several other excursions are included with your stay. For those who enjoy water sports and even venturing outside of the resort its really a great deal. We did a glass bottom boat tour and a catamaran cruise in addition to the falls. Side note they also offer free tennis, the courts are across the street. Sadly my boyfriend felt a little under the weather the day we planned on doing the tennis clinic, I wish we could have taken advantage of the opportunity. They also have awesome entertainment we really enjoyed the Monday night beach party and the steel drum orchestra. Honestly I don't know if anything else went on in the evenings while we were there as we were in bed by 8:30 most nights. All that relaxing in the sun wears you out. :)
Room: we stayed in 4105 deluxe ocean view and the view was to die for. Overlooked ocean, lawn with gazebo and swim up bar. I was a little concerned about swim up bar and noise after reading reviews claiming those who stayed near it not getting any sleep. I don't see how that is possible as it closes at 6 every day. Had a leak in the ceiling when we arrived, someone came to look at it and had it fixed in under 20 minutes tops. Shower head is great, only complaint is that you will have water on the floor after use due to a small ledge separating shower floor from rest of room, and the sinks aren't engineered all that great. They're pretty but do hold water. Didn't bother me much, you're not stuck in the bathroom long anyways.
Food: our favorite was a tie between the verandah and 8 rivers. Make sure to reserve 8 rivers and bayside asap. Bayside was good but omg hot! You get all dressed up and wind up sitting outside in humidity but its a great atmosphere and the food is terrific. We did patio every day for breakfast it did get repetitive but was always good. Pool grill is perfect for lunch try the jerk chicken for sure.
Drinks: If you love rum you'll be in heaven. Me, its fine for the first day after that too darn sweet, I'm a vodka gal. Heads up ask for the good stuff. You can find yourself drinking 5-6 drinks and no buzz at all. I learned top shelf is really hidden on the bottom, wish we would have realized this sooner. They have grey goose at the piano bar. ;)
Every worker we met seemed to love their job and was genuinely happy which was truly the best aspect of our stay.Byron the bellhop lit up when he told us hes worked there for 30 years. Jamaica is a beautiful, proud country and this resort allows you to experience it in the best way imaginable. You truly don't lift one finger not once did I pull out a chair, open a door or even turn over a glass or place a napkin in my hand. You leave feeling like royalty, I already miss hearing"my lady" every day :) I extensively looked on trip advisor before selecting this resort and hope my review does it justice. It's not huge nor is it tiny and crowded I suspect that helps account to the staffs attentiveness. Would I go back? Absolutely, would I try another couples? Yes, already thinking about swept away in Negril. Jamaica stole my heart as did the couples brand. Thank you to all for making our first vacation effortless and fantastic.
PS: do let the photographer take your photos we purchased some very nice pictures including one in a frame, and do yourself a favor get the Mobay pass, our agent had it priced higher and didn't do it on way there you can buy it for $30 a person at the resort for trip home. Trust me just pay the extra cash and enjoy the included food and drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios