“Amazing”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Amazing place amazing staff with great customer service skills. Went for my honeymoon was a small slice of paradise. Big thank you to Douglas and Colin from the dive shop. They made diving an amazing experience. Delroy and Willis for making the beach such a great place to chill.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room in building 5 lovely sunsets
2 Thank Tim T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went here back in the late 90's. I've never had such a good time in my life. The Food, the Service, & beauty was unbelievable. I paid for a week here but, had so much fun I extended my time for another 4 days. I bought the all you could eat & drink plan in the states & it was well worth the 6,000 dollar trip. Everywhere you went there was always a Jamaican asking me, You Need anything Mun..!! That's how they talk. Not Man but, Mun. I finally reach a point where I'd reply I don't think I could handle anything else Mun...!!! I did everything there except the Nude Island right off the back of the Resort. Hopefully I'll get a chance to return to this easy going laid back & definitely had EVERYTHING I needed Mun.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor with an ocean view. They had privet cottages but no view. With binoculars you...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wyatt W
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Spent a week here, it was great, food was great, nice relaxing time
did a few dives that are in the all inclusive package Dive boat and dive master were great
one week is not long enough
Tower Island has a private beach- no one will be walking down the beach trying to sell you stuff

Room Tip: garden view rooms are quite and shady nice and cool
1 Thank BRAZOSTRAVEL
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I chose Couples Tower Isle for our honeymoon destination and loved every minute of it. The food is wonderful, no matter if you eat in the pool grill, veggie bar, buffet, Veranda, Eight Rivers, or Bayside. There is something for everyone to eat - and if you have dietary concerns, the chef will work with you to make something that fits the bill and is delicious. We thought the beach was a perfect size and we loved that it's private so we weren't bothered by outside vendors. The fact that tipping isn't allowed was wonderful because it ensured that every guest got the same AMAZING service. We stayed in a Deluxe Oceanview room in building 4 on the third floor. We had amazing views and loved ordering room service breakfast every morning to eat on the balcony. We will be comparing all of our future vacations to this one! My only wish is that it would be more affordable so we could visit every year!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view on the ocean side. With that said, the garden rooms are pe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chicago086
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I travelled to CTI on July 19-24 of 2014. We have previously been to CSA in Negril as well, but were excited to see the differences between Negril and Ocho Rios! We knew our Beach Bum Vacation travel agent, Carey, would take care of us and she did not disappoint! She alwasys knows what we are looking for and only supplies the best services! Everything is easy with her in control of booking your paradise vacation! She takes care of every little detail to make your vacation, and you, feel so special.

CTI did not disappoint! We really REALLY loved CSA when we went last year and the vibes of Negril in general, but Ocho Rios has a charm of its own! I really loved how the water is deeper and it has more cliffs and mountians than Negril. It was just breathtaking! We got to the airport and did have to wait in a line that moved very fast for immigration. After that it is right to the Couples Lounge where we had no more worries! They take your bags and you just begin to relax and get yourself a drink! We left promptly after getting to the lounge which is good, we wanted to get to CTI! When we got to CTI, it was everything I expected and saw in pictures, only BETTER!

Check in was a breeze, everything was already ready! This was much faster than CSA, which I was suprised about. We were taken right up to our room in Block 5. We walked into the most stunning view I have ever seen! The island was right there and I swear we had the best view in the resort! Carey, our Beach Bum Vacation agent, really outdid herself again! If there was any situation (because there are no problems in Jamaica 'mon, just situations) it was such a small non-issue and was taken care of like we were the King and Queen of the resort.

The Beach is smaller and very different from CSA and the Negril beaches. I was a little scared about this because I am a total Beach Bum, but I was not upset at all! It was so nice to not have so many vendors on the beach. It never felt crowded on the beach or anywhere, even though this is a smaller resort. CSA is more spread out, which I do like. CTI is more of a connected hotel resort vibe, which is not bad at all. Less walking if you like that! We also did the glass bottom boat, catamaran cruise, snorkeling, hobie cat, and Dunn's River Falls. Go to Dunn's River Falls on a Sunday if you can, no cruise ships that day! My husband also lost his wedding ring in the falls and the locals FOUND IT!!! How do you find a small ring in a 900 ft waterfall? Well, they did and that just shows how much they really care! It is so awesome that all these excursions are included in your stay! That is one of the many reasons my husband and I keep going back to Couples Resorts! We would have never known about Couples if it wasn't for our Beach Bum agent, Carey! I am so thankful she let us know about these gems that are in Jamaica.

The food is awesome! I felt like I was such a celebrity eating and being at this resort. Loved the ice cream machine too! MMM! We were brought champagne and cookes on a platter on our first night on the resort as well, which was so nice! The people that work that are great! Always making sure you are alright 'mon! They will go above and beyond for anything you might need. Spa looked great, even though I did not get to go. I am just not a spa girl, I like the beach and activities more! We did get to go to each of the restaurants and they were all amazing. Did not have any problem booking any dinners or activities like I have read in reviews before. Workers were so helpful and fun to talk to. Shout out to Tineashia, Taj, Kirk, and Andre! You guys rock!

All in all go to CTI or any of the Couples Resorts. You will not be dissappointed I promise you! If you really want to be taken care of, get ahold of Carey from Beach Bum Vacations as well! We will be returning to a Coulpes Resort in Jamaica as soon as we possibly can! We eventually want to try to go to all of them!

Room Tip: We had an ocean view, thanks to our wonderful Beach Bum travel agent, Carey! She upgraded us and boy...
21 Thank Kristin C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place was amazing!!! from the airport to the resort we were pampered.

We planned this trip for our 12th anniversary, after reading all the great reviews on both tripadvisor and the couples.com website forums. We were not disappointed. In fact, we may have been more amazed, since we both have worked in the hotel industry. My wife has front desk and extensive customer service experience. I have over 17yrs in the food service industry.

Arrival:
Once we landed, we were fast tracked through customs by our Club Mobay greeter (separate review)
and taken to the Couples lounge (included) to drop of our luggage and check in. We then went to the Club Mobay lounge, started our vacation off with a couple of rum punches and some Jamaican snacks. About 15mins later, the Couples guy notified us our shuttle was ready to go. It's about a 2hr ride, so take some snacks (available in the Couples lounge), bottled water, and make sure to use the restroom before you go. The driver will stop if someone asks. You can and should tip the driver as he does not work for Couples

Check in:
Once we arrived, we were asked, "What took you so long to come back home?", greeted with cool face cloths, offered a Red Stripe or rum punch, we sat down, got our keys, were informed about our room & romance pkg credits and we were whisked off by Byron. In our first 10 mins on property, we knew we made the right choice.

The Room:
Byron showed us to our room, We requested a high floor in block 5, we were given Rm# 5401, which is the actual room used on the CTI website. Upon entering, we were greeted by the beautiful view of our Superior Ocean room Ya Mon!!!!. The room is adequate in size, but we didn't spend much time inside. If we were in the room, we were on the balcony, taking in the sun or having a drink while listening to the waves crash onto the shore. It's mesmerizing. The room is nicely appointed, the bed was great for us. The shower was large enough for 2, they supply pump bottles of shower gel, shampoo & lotion attached to the wall, we brought our own also be sure to bring your own conditioner as the shampoo is a 2 in 1. With the sea water and pool water, extra conditioner will be needed. There is a large dresser, night tables, alarm clock, well stocked mini bar, there is an order card on the bar to order beer, liquor or non alcoholic beverages, you must be in the room to sign for it upon delivery.

Around the resort:
There is an orientation you can attend twice a day, and they will show you around the resort.
The resort is really small so we were able to find everything the first day. We were told the resort was 100% occupancy, we saw 3 fairly large wedding parties, but it never felt crowded anywhere on the resort, it just didn't seem like there were that many ppl on property. The concierge desk is in the lobby, this is where you sign up for the off property excursions, the Cat Cruise,Shopping, Dunne's river, etc, This is also where you will make your dinner reservations for 8 Rivers & Bayside. The staff here is very helpful,always smiling, and full of suggestions to help fill your day with enjoyment.
There are 2 pools, the larger quiet pool located on the east end of the property w/ a hot tub in the corner, and the smaller pool with the swim up bar, both are great, the activities are conducted at the swim up bar, my wife & I actually won one afternoon. there is also a meditation Buddha pool in the gardens behind the spa, there are also 2 hot tubs in that area, even though this is the Spa area, this area is accessible at any time to all guests(late night private swim).
My wife & I figured out that we were never more than 50 yds from a drink at any time, even when we were on the beach afflicted with "sand gravity", we had a flag ,and someone quickly brought us a drink, every'ting is Irie mon. The Piano bar right off the lobby is usually where we kicked off our evening with a pre-dinner cocktail, met up with buddies after dinner, there was usually some live entertainment,sing a long or karaoke going on, and they won't close until the last guest leaves. The swim up bar in the pool closes around 6, the Main bar closes around 1am, and there are always servers to bring you drinks wherever you are sitting. there is also a disco located on the beach I believe it opens around 10pm it also has a bar. It's fairly new, and cool spot to chill if you're a nightowl.
The Food - I am a Culinarian, Trained at a Le Cordon Bleu American school. I have 17 yrs experience in the industry, about 7 of those in Hotel kitchens. I understand the dedication it takes to put out this level of quality on a consistent basis. Much Respect to all the Cooks & Chefs.
The Patio Buffet - food here was great, a wonderful variety of island fare Bammy, salt fish & Ackee, Jerk meat of the day, and regular buffet items , myo smoothies, mimosas,bloody mary's at breakfast. it's open air, the views of the ocean are magnificent, this is one of the places to see nightly entertainment, Silverbirds Steel Orchestra, Stanley Ricketts, and Mr.Carmichael were all great, but it can get humid in this area at night. service can be a bit slow at times, but hey your on vacation, relax.
Bayside- (Reservation required)The second most romantic meal at this resort. the Restaurant sits out over the water,with the waves crashing below you. 4 course meal,Very Good Thai cuisine, dessert menu could have been better(we had the cookie tasting for 2).
8 Rivers- (reservation required) upscale decor, wonderful ambiance, Excellent service and great food. 4 courses, salad made to order table side was a great touch.
The Verandah- (no Reservation) very nice setting, great service, amazing 4 course meal.

As part of our purchased Romance pkg., we had a private dinner on the beach for our Anniversary. THIS is the MOST ROMANTIC meal at the resort!!! They offer a Prix Fixe 4 Course menu with Surf & Turf as the entree. They are able to modify for any dietary needs or wishes if given proper notice. You will also recieve a Personalized menu to commemorate your occasion. It was like something out of a movie, Haute Cuisine, A private waiter, the sound of the waves as we talked and ate. They have a photographer On site, and we got a wonderful pkg of 4 photos of the dinner, and a CTI engraved frame.
The Veggie Bar- A must when you're on the beach. Stop by and see "Willis the wise" for some of his low carb, great tasting fare, fresh chips & dips, Juice of the day, Tuna Nicoise wrap, and smoked Marlin on foccacia were my faves. also for Hydration and hangovers, have Willis cut open a fresh coconut for the water,very refreshing.
The pool grill- snack menu. Burgers, fries, jamaican Beef & chicken patties, jerk chicken, soft drink machine, soft serve ice cream. My wife loved the beef patties, I loved the pan seared snapper sandwich.
All aspects of this resort ensure that you will have a wonderful,care free stay. But at the core, is the staff. We met many of them, had long talks with some of them. Learned about their jobs at the resort,and their lives outside of work. All were very warm and personable, we felt like we had known them much longer than the few days we had been there. We've only been back a few days, and have already decided we're going back. We both noticed a random fact during our stay. We have stayed in hotels often in our 12 yrs together. This is the first time I emptied my suitcase and actually put clothes in the dresser drawers. Because it really felt like Home.
We cannot name everyone who made our experience a memorable one,(there's not enough room) but here are a few of the people you want to meet at CTI:
BYron- Bellman
Kedeeshi- Concierge desk
Mr. Everston- all over
Andre Dixon- ent. Coordinator wherever he is, there's a party!
Rohan- Bartender, have a Bob Marley, or F.A.Shot
Romaine- Bartender
Ryan- Activities Best tie dyed shirt of the week!!

Thank you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have not covered everything. You can PM me with specific questions, I'll be glad to tell you all I know about my new "home"

Room Tip: Room # 5401 is the best. unobstructed view of the ocean. view does not look out at the "Island...
11 Thank PhillyKev1264
Sartell, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my wifes' first time out of the USA and I am so happy we came to Tower Isle. It is hard to know where to start...how we were treated from the airport when we landed to hugs from some of the staff when we left a week later was amazing. The resort is "classic" in the absolute best possible way. Small dining areas (we loved!), but you never felt crowded. Choices of casual island attire or jackets-dresses! Friends, because you WILL have so many new friends once you stay at Couples, all singing around the piano bar. Guys sitting up to the beach bar telling stories about travels all around the world while sipping top shelf liquors. Glorious food at all hours of the day and night. Falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean waves and waking to a wonderful sunrise over the balcony! The staff and service was what put it over the top...we had at least 5 staff members who called us by first name most of the trip: Mr Scott & Ms DiAnn. We loved it all. Small sandy beach was easy to get drinks, tan and swim.This is not a giant resort with loud crazy people, it will be an intimate trip for you and your spouse. We met persons who had been here 12 and 13 times and still acted like honeymooners! That's what this resort is all about: being in love with each other and being treated well. Romantic music late night on the beach was wonderful! If you are wondering about "the island"...just go out there! Cannot say enough good things about Couples Tower Isle!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor looking out over the pool bar towards the "island"...loved it...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,178 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!