“Will be back ASAP!”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Vacaville, CA
“Will be back ASAP!”
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I don't think there are words to describe how wonderful this resort is! We got a room that looked out on the ocean and kept the doors open all night to fall asleep to the waves crashing. It's such an intimate setting. It wasn't overcrowded at all! We never had to wait for food or a drink or anything. The staff was there to ensure everyone was having a great time and they made the trip a blast. We met some of the most awesome people from all over the USA on our week long trip. The food was great, the drinks were flowing, and Tower Isle was something I will never forget! We got the twilight massage down by the beach and absolutely loved every second of it! The swim up bar was excellent! I can't think of one single thing that I would/could change about this resort! We will definitely be back and would reccommend it to absolutely anyone!

4 Thank aafgroupie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (998)
Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We have made Jamaica our annual getaway spot for three years running, and by far, CTI was the best experience we have had. We were greeted promptly with smiles and indulgences from the moment we arrived. Fast, friendly service catering to our every desire was the theme for our entire stay. The newly renovated facilities were clean, comfortable, and relaxing. The staff worked very hard to maintain a romantic atmosphere and allow us to enjoy our time together. As an avid scuba diver, I enjoyed the full service dive shop and water sports. Collin and the other dive staff members welcomed me and made everything I need available to me. They setup, cleaned, and stored all of my equipment each day. They took all of the work out of diving. The only issue we experienced was that there was a malfunction with one of the hot tubs, but since there were three of four others, it was not really a problem. Everything winds down around midnight and is very quiet and romantic. We will definitely return, and we have already recommended CTI to several friends.

4 Thank coustille_com
missouri
Reviewed 8 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at Tower Isle May 27-June 3. We stayed here 4 years ago and liked it then but the renovations are awesome, the food is great, and the liquor is premium. There are plenty of activities you can do if you are proactive and plan them, unlike one review I read that said they were nonexistent. Pretty much all we did was lay around and drank and ate, which was perfect. The staff is excellent. The only thing is if you want nightlife you pretty much have to find it off the resort, because after 830 or 900 the place is empty except for people who work there. There is a no tip policy and you have to get the people who work there to trust that you won't tell on them because they will get fired on the spot, but try because when you see how alot of the people live there, your tips mean alot to them and they work really hard and do a great job. Would definitely recommend this resort to anyone

5 Thank sh0ppingl0ver
South Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2009

My husband and I encourage everyone to make a trip to Couples Tower Isle. The service is amazing; they treat you like royality. The staff is genuinely happy to accomodate you. The resort itself is slow paced, romantic, and it offers mouthwatering cuisines. They have many, many activities to keep you busy both at the resort and off the resort if you want to make it more of an active vacation. They, otherwise, make it very easy to find a place on the beautiful beach, poolside at the swim up bar, or at their spa tucked away in a beautiful garden. Please consider Coupels Tower Isle for your next vacation, you might just see us there (again)!

3 Thank RClaireTravels
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My husband and I recently spent a week at the wonderful Couples Tower Isle. We loved every part of our stay. From the staff to the food and drinks, everything was wonderful. By the time we left we felt that we had gained a second family that we can't wait to visit again. I love and miss all of you!

2 Thank Vacaylover28
Hull - UK
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We were diverted here after our holiday at the Excellence Riviera Cancun was cancelled due to the swine flu episode. Boy, were we disappointed even though hotel has nearly completed a 30 million dollar refit. briefly (some) of our issues were.

1) The wetroom (zero edge shower for US readers) is all very nice, but many people want a bath tub (my wife included). We were told these existed in suites, but that none were available during our 2 week stay (despite only a 30% occupancy rate). This gripe was echoed by many people we discussed it with.

2) A lot of the new rooms have a ridiculous 'designer' 2ft square sink that is 1" deep and has no plug!!. Water goes from a fixed tap straight down a hole. You just have to leave the tap running. An absurd and no doubt expensive waste and extremely NOT GREEN

3) No mini bar or fridges in rooms (suites do have). In addition there are no ice machines or bottled water available. So if you want a cold drink in your room, you have to go to a bar at night and get a couple of glasses of ice to take back to your room and put into a thermos that they kindly provide. Ludicrous. Bottled water is not kept becasue of Green issues I was told (see 2) although the other Couples sites do have them available.

4) The activities are almost non-existent and they have a lot of work to do in this area. They were often not posted until the next day and often incorrect.

5) Major design fault in the entertainment area. The main stage is in the middle of the buffet restaurant. This means that when they are on, there are still guests wandering about eating and staff cleaning away. All the lights are on and there is no desire for anyone who has finished their meal to sit in a cafeteria and spend the rest of the night there. Consequently, there was very rarely more than half a dozen people watching the entertainment by 10:00pm. Then at 10:30, the lights are turned out and everyone went to bed !!!

The band were ok, but they were the only entertainment (except for the beach party) and we had the same band every night for 2 weeks

6) There is a piano bar, but its AWFUL. The main bar is open air and next to the buffet restaurant and has little or no seating other than in the restaurant. There is no Lobby bar or similar where people can meet before dinner or for a drink after dinner. This is a massive oversight.

7) We left some comments on the Couples forum. They were polite and constructive. but were still removed by the moderator. Thats why the forums are so positive, because they remove all the negative ones !!

8) Claims to have Wifi, but this is only available within about 10m of the lobby.

On the positive side, the staff are the friendliest I have ever come across. Special mention to Everald, Byron, Emoth and Kirk in the lobby who basiclaly keep the place going with their energy and happiness (despite us losing half our holiday to rain). Also to Colin 'I love my Job' in the dive shop and Courtney, Nadine and Duedrop for their help and kindness amongst many others

As mentioned, the food is excellent. However, if you go for two weeks, each of the restaurants gets a little bit samey as there are only 1 or 2 choices for starters/soups etc and 3 or 4 for main courses. The menus could do with an alternate week change.

As we were leaving, they were attempting to correct some of these problems. New equipment arrived for the gym. They were going to start a Martini bar in the lobby area and were trying to get alternative entertainment in.

Maybe, down the line they will get things right, but at the moment I couldnt recommend it, especially if you are young or European and like to stop up past 8:30pm because it's dead by then.

It was slightly more expensive than our original choice but, the staff aside, it was a long way behind it in virtually every respect

5 Thank TheBritsHull_UK
NY
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I am being honest with this revew as best I can! The 1st thing was the arrival, had to wait without air conditioning for 2 hours. I do not understand why a representative of Couples is there on arrival to come in and explain how everything works. Had to fill out forms before leaving, it was crazy. I think the travel agent could have done it also.
The van picked us up at 4:30 to take us to our lodging for the next 9days. The ride was easy since roads have been fixed so we gor there in 2 hours. However, that means we got there at 7pm, a whole day wasted because Air Jamaica had to cancel the original 10:30 am flight to 12:45...which was bad enough without all the other stull happening at airport.
Well, we did get there, and it was lovely! We met up with Sweet Byron and Kirk, who showed us around and took suitcases to room. The room was a bit of a disappointment because it was extremely noisy and small, therefore I asked for a different one, of which was nicely done.
The restaurants Patio and Beach are excellent The Eight Rivers lovely, but don't expect to eat fast, courses are slow, but food is great.
Asian is fantastic, only thing is you are eating in the dark LOL!!
Atmosphere fantastic. The staff, I mention 2 before, but there is many I would like to thank; Casrine you made our day when we spoke with you! You are so helpful and sweet in all ways. You should get a raise as far as I am concerned. Marlon, sweet Marlon, your future lies in Plays and theatre. you are a definite star!!! Kay with the beautiful eyes, you too my dear are going to be an actress or dancer, You and Marlon are great together, maybe be a team like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, who sang and danced even though they didn'nt know how! Bring it back, we need teams like that now! The waiters in Patio, Andre & Savoy both so helpful, asking us if we were having a good time. so sweet too.
Ava is the coordinator of trips etc. I wasn't to crazy about her! Ifelt she catered to certain
people for things, and when the reunion was held for people who returned again, she really wasn't meeting and greeting, just the chosen few! When I asked for my TShirts I was supposed to get, she acted annoyed and said they should have been requested, i told her they were...then she got them hurriedly!
Now the good stuff!!! THE FOOD WAS AWESOME ALL OVER THE PLACE! THEY HAD DELICIOUS SALADS, WITH MUSSLES/SALMON/VEGETABLE, SO MANY OTHER THINGS. IT WASN'T HEAVY FRIED FOOD, BUT DELICIOUSLY DONE WITHOUT A LOT OF GREASE OR FATS. THE PLACE ITSELF IS TOO DIE FOR 2 SWIM UP BARS, AND OF COURSE THE FIESTA RESISTANCE IS TOWER ISLE! THEY TAKE YOU OVER IN A BOAT AND OF COURSE YOU GET UNDRESSED, BECAUSE IT IS FOR NUDIST. tHEY HAVE A LITTLE CASTLE THERE YOU CAN CLIMB UP, SWIM UP BAR ALSO! iT WAS GLORIOS, I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BUT I DID BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE THE ISLAND! IT WAS INTIMADATING AT FIRST, THEN NO PROBLEM MON!
tAKE THE CATAMARAN CRUISE!! tHAT WAS REALLY FUN, AND THE GUYS PLAY MUSIC AND DANCE AND SING! iT WAS AWESOME!
wE ALSO WENT TO bOB mARLEYS PLACE. wE ARE HAPPY WE DID, wE GOT TO SEE WHERE HE GOT HIS IDEAS FROM. wE PAID OUR RESPECTS TO HIS MOM AND TO HIM. iT WAS VERY MOVING! wHEN YOU GO THERE EXPECT TO SMELL LOTS AND LOTS OF GONGA (POT) TO THEM RASTAFARIANS IT IS CONSIDERED SACRAMENTAL, SO IF YOU LIKE TO SMOKE, THEY CAN HOOK YOU UP.
aNYHOW, TIME TO GO, i KEPT YOU WAY TO LONG.....HOPE YOU LIKE tOWER iSLE
AND pLEASE HAVE THEM MAKE YOU A BOB MARLEY DRINK AND TELL THEM YOU WANT IT WITH DARK RUM AND OVERPROOF yummmmm!

4 Thank disco50
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace Jamaica
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!