To Whom It May Concern:
RE: Couples (Ocho Rios) Tower Isle
As promised, to our girls, Ava and Maxine, you are our heroes. Also, I would like to add Mr. Henry in there too. Seriously, after reading this, you will realize why they are our HEROES.
My wife and I have been visiting Jamaica for the past 12 years. We have found a resort that we believe is far above any other resort we have visited. Each year we spend a week at Couples Tower Isle in Ocho Rios.
We actually spend 10 days in Jamaica but we spend the last three days at a different resort. Our reason being that we have to leave Couples but knowing we get to stay in Jamaica. It helps takes the sting out of leaving and it is much easier to go home from some other resort.
This year began just as all the others. After our shuttle from the airport we were greeted in the lobby of Couples Tower Isle by our Jamaican family.
After 10 previous visits to Couples Tower Isle, would be 11, but due to the renovations…
We knew most of the staff and it is OBVIOUS that they genuinely remember us. How they remember after all the people the see each year, we do not know, but they do! That is ONE of the ways the staff makes us want to keep coming back.
We actually consider their staff members to be our friends and we look forward to seeing them each day. We even get to spend a few minutes joking and laughing with them.
We speak to the housekeeping crew, wait staff, bartenders, and entertainment----even all the way up through management. They are constantly checking to make sure our stay was enjoyable as can be. They are always willing to help if we have any problem WHATSOEVER. There are no problems in Jamaica, just situations. LOL
After spending our week at our home away from home, it was once again time for us to leave and spend three days at a different resort before going home. It was about an hour bus ride and on the way, my wife and I were already talking how it seemed that the management and staff had gone to extra measures to ensure we had a wonderful vacation. We were used to being treated almost like Royalty but this year was even better. Little did we know that they were about to prove themselves even more hospitable than even we imagined.
We were dropped off at our second resort, around 2 p.m. on June 18, 2009. We expected a slight delay because it clearly stated that check in time is at 3 p.m. after filling out our registration card, we were told our room was not quite ready but we could feel free to enjoy the rest of the property and check back in later.
After an hour and half, we did check back in @ 3:30 p.m. but our room was still not ready. After another 45 minutes of waiting and being completely ignored by the staff, we were ready to leave. Either back to couples or just go home.
My wife made one phone call to Couples and because Maxine was unavailable, she then asked to speak to Ava. She explained our situation, and told Ava, I don’t care what it takes, but please come pick us up. Ava contacted our Apple Rep, the management, and within ½ hour she called back to tell us it was arranged and a shuttle would be by to pick us up.
Upon arrival back at Couples, we were greeted by Ava, who should have gone home 2 hours earlier, Maxine, and Mr. Henry. They all assured that everything was taken care of, no questions asked! And if there was any other way they could be of assistance…
We were in our room within 45 minutes. Actually the room was ready, when we got there, but all of our (family friends)=(staff and islanders) were in the lobby to check on us.
Upon meeting Maxine and Gretchen the next morning, we wanted to sort out all the details of our new stay, but we were told that everything had already been taken care of. We should just go to the beach and enjoy the rest of our vacation. Our Apple representative had us sign a paper later in the day, and that is all there was to it.
Couples Tower Isle, brings “Welcome Home” to a whole NEW level.
Thank you for saving our vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We also would like to add:
Every year we meet the most wonderful guests. Everyone we meet seems to become our friends instantly. We tell everyone how wonderful Couples is. We don’t know how many couples that have visited Couples Tower Isle because we have raved about it so much. We told Maxine we were excellent PR staff for America. We know just this year we had two “newbies” couples book their vacation around us. They wanted to see what all the excitement was all about. Now they are going to be repeaters. We believe this year we had 5 or 6 couples book their vacations around us. The reason we must come at a certain time it is our anniversary. We have spent 10 anniversaries at Couples Tower Isle. And the staff takes very good care of us on this day. They take very good care of us everyday. From the groundskeepers/maids/cooks/wait staff/management/water sports/gift shop/spa/rest of staff we are always taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios