On the face of it, the review shouldnt be great. We were only here for the week, it rained for half of it, we were allocated the wrong room on arrival etc. However, i cant tell you how much we enjoyed our stay here. If there werent so many other places in the world to go see we'd return here no problem.
for the record the staff sorted out our room issue within an hour of arriving and upgraded us free of charge, they had no control over the weather but if they did im sure they would have upgraded us to 80degrees sunshine if they could.
this is the kind of place you can do as little or as much as you want. There water sports, beach volleyball, all the usual stuff. But theres also some fantastic cocktails and beautiful beach to enjoy too, so what ever your preference is enjoy.
when we stayed the place was called Couples Ocho Rios, now its called tower isle, and rightly so i think, as one of the big selling points of this resort is that it has its own private island complete with pool and bar in it. A boat leaves every so often from the hotel jetty and takes you across for not only a change of scenery, but a change of bathing costumes too. The private island is a nudist island, you can arrive find yourself a bed in you bikini / shorts, but when youve settled then its time to adam and eve it.
This is no Hedonism resort, we never saw anything inappropriate during our stay (thankgod) however if youve never sun bathed nude before then id say this is probably the best place to try it.. We had never done it and what a laugh it was. We found ourselves a bed and disrobed. Then my other half took great amusement in sending me to the bar ... for such a small island the bar seemed to be miles away !! Anyway I did the walk of shame to the bar and by the 3rd drink i was virtually skipping there and back.
we'd never done it before and we've never done it since. But lifes for living and its because of the fabulous Tower Isle we have another addition to our 'interesting anecdotes' pile.
Go and Enjoy yourself. and I defy anyone to leave here not saying 'Arie mon' all the way home.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios