First off let me say that we got married at Couples Negril in Dec. 2008, and loved it very much. We went to Tower Isle for our one year anniversery. It was great but we found ourselves comparing everything to Negril.
At Tower Isle the food was great, the drinks were great. We love the service and the wonderful staff. I loved the spa, we had a credit and we got 2 one hour couples massages, and i got a facial, body scurb and half hour massage package. It was great.
We had a primer ocean room and i am glad with our choice, the location was perfect. We had a little mishap with flooding in our closet, but it was quickly corrected, and they made up for it by giving us a private dinner on the beach and getting the wet clothes laundered. The dinner was so romantic, I am just not sure i would pay for it when you have already paid for the all-inclusive food, but it was a good experience. We loved the watersports, and the dive staff, they were so much fun.
My one complaint would have to be the bathroom, i knew even before we got there that the zero edge shower created water all over the floor. Besided that the placement of the soap tray was right at my head level, i bummped my head on it everyday. And for being rennovated, i thought the white tile in the bathroom looked really dingy, i wore sandals in the shower. But nothing to ruin a vacation at all.
Couples Negril has a way better beach, and i just liked the tropical resort feeling i got with negril, at Tower Isle it really did feel more like a hotel. I thought Negril had a lot better grill and snack bar. I loved the fresh guamamole and chips at negril and really missed that at tower isle.
We also went to mexico and stayed at the riu tequilla in feb of this year and have decided we still love couples resorts and have booked for couples negril for dec of next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios