Couples Tower Isle
US$198
US$244
  • Pool
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$138
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$74
Columbus Heights(Ocho Rios)
US$129
  • Pool
US$83
US$71
Orbitz.com
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$63
Hotels.com
US$480
Official Site
3,322 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandnatural islandswim up barwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsour honeymoonglass bottom boatscuba diving
Reviewed 13 July 2010

On July 6th we were on the horse back ride excursion that couples provides and were almost finished with the excursion when a gun man met us on the trail and robbed the first couple... The 3 guides with us told us to run and get out of there... everyone took off EXCEPT my husband. his horse would not go and he is not horse savy... the gun man walked right up to him and my husband closed his eyes and waitied for the bullet... eventually the horse started walking away and the gun man walked into the trees. Couples did not upgrade us or really do anything too special besides giving us all our pics and a massage.. they offered us a 3 night return visit with us paying the air fair!!! I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS TO ANYONE!!!! VERY POOR CUSTOMER APPRECIATION!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
14  Thank newlyweds010
Jamman, vice president of Operations at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2010

Thank you for your review. How very disappointing that this incident occurred and marred an other wise great vacation. I note that you did meet with our General manager and Operations manager after your Horse Back tour. I am so sorry that our gesture of good will offer was rejected. But am happy that you did accept complimentary spa treatments and a gift shop credit for a new camera and photos. From the reports that i have read from the five couples that were with you as well as comments made by what you said. I note that one man came out from the woods, towards the end of your ride, and asked the last 4 riders to hand over cameras and money. (4 dollars). Which they did. The man said he had a gun but no one can positively say if he did or what type of gun it was. Some of the guests (on the tour) were apparently unaware of the incident until it was over. No similar incidents had been reported before. It is extremely unfortunate that this occurred at all and our guests were understandably shaken but unhurt. I am pleased also that you did continue your vacation at COUPLES Tower Isle and partake in other excursions off property after this incident.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We spent 2 weeks at couples tower isle with friends and it was pure paradise.

From the welcome when we arrived to the good-bye when we left the staff at Tower Isle could not do enough for you. If there was something you needed they would try their best to get it for you. It was mine and my husbands birthdays while we were there and Adrian from the buffet restaurant made sure the start of our birthdays was special, For each of us he came out with a birthday cake and he arranged for the staff to sing us a lovely Jamaican laidback version of happy birthday.

The food........ Well what can i say, apart from "it was perfect". I am usually a very picky eater on holiday and i found plenty of options that i liked at every meal. The choice was amazing and catered for everyone. 1st class food at a 1st class resort.

Entertainment....... You can do as much or as little as you want (and i did little). The entrtainment team let you know what is going on but dont bug you to join in. They were all fantastic but Yohan was the friendliest, nicest lad and a real credit to the hotel.

Everyone we met during our time there also made the holiday for us.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone interested. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toffeequeen
Reviewed 10 July 2010

My husband and I just returned from our trip to couples tower isle and it was amazing. We especially liked the fact that it was all inclusive and the excursions we had wanted to take were all included through the hotel. We arrived late but were given our room promptly along with a cold rum punch and cool towel. Our room was a beauitful ocean view room which we barely spent any time in but when we did we could hear the ocean and it was very relaxing. Room was kept in top shape by our housekeeper and this was the best service we have gotten even compared to other 5 stars the Excellence in Mexico for example. I would get up early to use the gym-it was a fair gym never got really crowded but there are only three treadmills one of which was broken. I did speak to someone who told me "no problem" but my the end of our stay it was still broken. I am an avid runner and would be upset if i had woken up early to run only to find i couldnt because the machine was still broken. All the other equipment however worked properly and i was never without a machine in the early am hours. The buffet meals are in an outdoor area but is enclosed enough to provide protection from the elements. it was wonderful to eat basically outside and the food was delicious especally the bananna bread and my husband wants me to mention the egg station where they will make you whatever you want. we didnt eat at any of the resturants, and you do need to make reservations early to get your spot-we decided that we liked the outside so much we would just eat there and they offered a nice assortment for everyone. We did two excersions the horse back riding which we loved-my husband gets very nervous around horses and the giudes were so kind and helpfull to him checking to make sure he was comfortable the whole time. Dunns River Falls was our second excersions and also wonderful. Couple things to remember is that you need some sort of water shoe to climb and you do actually rock climb up this river -the bus driver stops on the way and you can rent shoes for 5 dollars us a pair. also keep in mind that the rocks are slippery and can be unfooting at times. When we werent doing activities we were at the resort relaxing. plenty of chairs, spent the entire time on the beach which was smooth and clear-you would be able to see the fish if you looked close enough. lots of water sports to choose from-took the windsailing clinic with rodger who was so helpful to us and patient as we were not very good. The worse part of the trip is the ride from the airport and back which is a little long a little less than 2hrs but it is worth the time to travel to enjoy this beauitful place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmiLou80
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We stayed at Couple Tower Isle for a week as part of our honeymoon. We had spent the previous week at Disney World in Florida so were looking forward to a nice relaxing time. We could have done this in style, but the hotel offered so many trips for free as part of the all inclusive deal that we ended up doing lots of other things too! Including water skiing, horse riding, visiting Dunns River Falls and trying to play beach cricket with some Americans (who obviously didn't know the rules!).

The hotel itself was great, friendly staff, nice food (buffet and restaurants), plenty of space by and in the pool. I don't think it was full while we were there, which might have helped.

As we were on out honeymoon we had a free massage in the spa, which was lovely and the spa building was very nice, with a private courtyard that reminded me of a small Greek temple or something!

All in all we had a fantastic time and wish we could afford to stay in hotels like that more often!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I had a particularly bad experience at the Couples Tower Isle Resort. Upon arrival we were welcomed by some friendly staff but our rooms were not yet ready so we had to go eat at the buffet right away. We were finally being brought to our room whcih was a far walk from the hotel lobby and main dining areas. We finally got to the very end where our rooms were only to find the elevator out of service. We had to walk up to the 3rd and 4th floors (I was traveling with another couple who were put on a completely different floor:( ) Luckily the staff member helping us was very accommodating and carried all the luggage up himself.. When I got into my room I was less then impressed. The decor was outdated and there wasn't much a a view unless you count the overgrown trees that I could touch from my balcony that blocked pretty much any view that might have been behind it. And worst of all, there was no mini-bar or room service. I have never heard of an all-inclusive resort without these amenities. If I was in my room and wanted something to eat or drink I had to take the long trek to where the bar and grill were. On the second day we were there we went out to the pool only to find there were no empty chairs available as the pool is way too small to accommodate the large amount of rooms at the resort. The alternative, the beach, was not ever an option. The section of beach allocated to the resort is small and the water was black the first few feet of the shore. I wouldn't have stepped foot in it. Later that day I was in my room and lay down for a nap. When I got up I noticed there were a large number of bugs flying around my room. I counted over ten flying around my room and bathroom. I am not a big fan of bugs so I left the room as we were going to dinner anyway. When i returned to my room later that night I found that the bugs were no longer flying around my room, they were dead all over the floor. There must have been over 30 dead bugs in the shower, on the bathroom floor, all over the sink area. There were piles in the corners of the room and on the floor. Worst of all there was a pile of a few of them dead on my sheets inbetween my pillow and when I pulled back my sheets there were more on the bed as well. This is unacceptable to me. I called guest services to let them know what was going on and she said, I quote "I am very sorry to hear that but welcome to the tropics" I found this to be very rude as there is no reason I should have to stay in a room covered in bugs. So I asked if someone could come sweep up for me and she advised she would call housekeeping though nobody ever came. The food at the resort was nothing special. I did enjoy the breakfast buffet and the lunch buffet was pretty good as well. This is the only place I ate when I was there as I never made it to any of the restaurants but my friends went and they said it was good. All in all I was not pleased with the hotel and it didn't bother me when it was time to leave it even though we had to take the 1.5 hr drive back to MBJ airport. We had spent 3 night at the Iberostar resort previous to our stay at Couples and it felt like we had been downgraded from the best to the worst. I would not reccommend this resort to anybody I know.

• Stayed: June 2010
6  Thank Shanana5887
Jamman, vice president of Operations at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2010

Thank you for review - It is most unusual that you found very little you enjoyed while here.

You were allocated a Superior Ocean View room located two blocks from our main dining area. There are four elevators that can be used for your room block. All rooms are available for check in by 4 p.m. (Check out is 12 noon) However, every effort is made to accommodate guests as soon as they arrive.

The resort has been totally refurbished and was re-opened just 15 months ago. I am surprised that you felt the room was "out dated". All superior Ocean view rooms face the sea. Some rooms may have a partial view due to foliage.

We have never advertised 24 hour room service or Mini bars. (our suites do have mini bars and all rooms can order continental breakfast). We do have food served 24 hours though.

The resort has 3 pools two have swim up bars. Our Beach staff would have been happy to add beach chairs if requested.

Our beach accommodates most guests and also has an area for beach volley ball. During your stay there was an unusual amount of seaweed in the water. Generally, the sea water is crystal clear.

Unfortunately, bugs are part of the tropics. It is always best to close windows or turn off lights so that bugs are not attracted to your room.

COUPLES TOWER ISLE has been hailed as one of the Caribbean's premier All -inclusive and as you can see is highly rated on Tripadvisor by past guests. However, our resorts are not for every persons taste and would urge potential COUPLES guests to review our photography of rooms and what is included in our All-inclusive package.

Also, Our General manager would have been happy to rectify any short comings you had, even offered to move you to another resort if you had wished.