We stayed at Tower Island the second week in July. We had a beautiful room facing the ocean. We slept great every night and honestly had no complaints whatsoever.
We ordered room service every morning. It arrived by 0630. After that we usually went to the gym (very nice weight/exercise room) and worked out. After that we checked our email (excellent and free internet cafe) and then had coffee on the veranda.
The overall cleanliness of the place was excellent. The new renovations are top notch. The food was also excellent. We went for the informal veranda dinners. However, we did book the Asian (Thai) restaurant two nights. The ambiance was incredible and the food and service was good. I also think that the desserts are some of the best I have ever eaten...especially the Key Lime Pie.
The various pools throughout the property were very relaxing too. Lots of chairs pretty much everywhere. We never had a hard time getting a place to sun ourselves. The resort is also big enough that we were able to find privacy as well.
We also booked two massages. Both were very relaxing.
The fellow vacationers were mostly Americans with a sprinkling of Brits and Canadians. Since it was summer there were quite a few honeymooners. Quite a wide age range...early 20's to 70's.
All in all an excellent trip with no downsides. We will most probably be booking again in the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios