Couples Tower Isle
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
US$585
US$455
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
US$76
US$83
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$424
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$138
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$96
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$74
US$718
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
3,294 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandnatural islandswim up barwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsour honeymoonglass bottom boatscuba diving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Five nights was not enough, I love this resort and its message board on its web site is very usefull but the cost is usually higher than its peers. When I can get a deal this is my first choice. Golf and Tennis are a must do. Hommer can taxi and caddy you if you don't take the shuttle to the golf course up in the hills. Or just ask for him as your caddy and for a small fee he can drive you back in his Lexus. The Island is very well done w/some pivacy if needed. Snorkling is worth the trip to the reef (included) and the sailing trip was lots of fun (included) as was the dunn river falls climb (bring water shoes or old sneakers). Sing along at the piano bar after 10pm and do not miss any of the places to eat. (make reservations early). Spend a little extra and get an ocean view room. Ask for a second massage discount and you might get it. (ask before the first massage). This ranks #1 for me in Jamaica for friendliness. Service is a little slow but you are in Jamaica not Miami. If someone deserves a tip be very discreet. At this resort no one is lookking for tips. A horseback ride is worth taking (everthing) and two tips $5 and $5 are kind of expected as you are off the property. On the Isle the sun will burn you quickly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We went to CTI for our honeymoon in May 2010. My husband wanted to go to Sandals, but I convinced him that Couples would be just as good. However, our first impression upon arriving at the airport was that Couples seems one BIG step down from Sandals in every way. The Sandals airport lounge looked way more luxurious than the Couples one. Hubby didn't let me forget that for the rest of the trip, and we wondered whether Sandals would've been a better choice. But we didn't care too much, we just wanted to enjoy our time together.

The property is beautiful, the rooms are lovely and comfortable (good AC and very clean; good maid service for sure). We LOVED the food at 8 rivers and at the asian fusion restaurant (forgot the name). However, I am honestly bewildered by the reviews saying that the staff are friendly. In general the staff did their jobs, but trust me, there is no service with a smile. (Notable exceptions: the AWESOME bellhop guy who brought us to our rooms after our initial checkin, and the waitstaff at the nicer restaurants.) The lady at the check in desk was positively frigid -- not outright rude, but definitely not welcoming. Same story with the gift shop lady. The staff at the buffet never looked us in the eye or said one word to us beyond asking whether we wanted water.

I'm not really surprised at the story about the people getting held up at gunpoint on the horseback trip. The general attitude of the staff is kind of "eh." Very few of them will go above and beyond their job descriptions to help you out.

The scuba diving guy tried to charge me $10 for the wetsuit AFTER i was already strapped into the gear, which was just annoying and sheisty. (The free scuba is a GREAT perk though -- you should definitely do it!) Drivers and tour guides on the excursions will remind you repeatedly throughout the excrusion to tip them, and the dudes at Dunn's River Falls literally followed my husband back to the tour bus to get their tip. We definitely don't mind tipping them, they do a great job; but it detracts from the experience to constantly be reminded. The dolphin excursion (not included, and quite pricey) was wonderful! We loved the staff at the dolphin trainer place, super nice.

We got the complimentary massages which is another amazing perk. FYI, you do need to tip the masseuses afterwards.

The food was great throughout the whole trip. It's easy to get food any time you're hungry, and the coffee is excellent! They don't have coke products or beer selection though (only red stripe).

You can easily have an excellent vacation, but don't expect 5 star/luxury treatment. Be safe, everyone!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Jamman, vice president of Operations at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2010

Thank you for your review and you positive feed back.

I have spoken to our Scuba staff to ensure that they advise all guests of Scuba suit hire and costs.

I am sure after you visit other all-inclusives you will no doubt appreciate the service standards and inclusions that we offer is second to none.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the resort. Virtually everything was perfect. Service and attitude of the staff was impeccable. The room was fabulous and with new contemporary decor. The food was of a breadth to interest everyone and high quality. The weather was perfect. Out of all my travel experiences this one was the top. There was no stress - just what we needed.

1  Thank Rootshot
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We stayed at Tower Island the second week in July. We had a beautiful room facing the ocean. We slept great every night and honestly had no complaints whatsoever.

We ordered room service every morning. It arrived by 0630. After that we usually went to the gym (very nice weight/exercise room) and worked out. After that we checked our email (excellent and free internet cafe) and then had coffee on the veranda.

The overall cleanliness of the place was excellent. The new renovations are top notch. The food was also excellent. We went for the informal veranda dinners. However, we did book the Asian (Thai) restaurant two nights. The ambiance was incredible and the food and service was good. I also think that the desserts are some of the best I have ever eaten...especially the Key Lime Pie.

The various pools throughout the property were very relaxing too. Lots of chairs pretty much everywhere. We never had a hard time getting a place to sun ourselves. The resort is also big enough that we were able to find privacy as well.

We also booked two massages. Both were very relaxing.

The fellow vacationers were mostly Americans with a sprinkling of Brits and Canadians. Since it was summer there were quite a few honeymooners. Quite a wide age range...early 20's to 70's.

All in all an excellent trip with no downsides. We will most probably be booking again in the winter.

1  Thank DryProp
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My wife and I have just spent our first wedding anniversary at Tower Isle which happened also to be our 3rd stay at this amazing place.
We always read the reviews on here and having read some of the none to complimentary ones I do really wonder if they stayed at the same place.
The reports of rude staff are rubbish a friendlier bunch you could not wish to meet.
The food as always was exemplary.
I spent a lot of time diving and the dive team of Collin, Lloyd(Raster Man) and David the boat captain cannot do enough to make the diving relaxed and fun, and as for the erroneous reports of having to pay for the dives that is complete rubbish, albeit you do have to pay for any training courses, it is PADI what else would you expect.
Our room was cleaned every day, our only small complaint was the one or two groups of very loud and drunk Americans but these were only the minority, a little more could have been done to control their behavior (management comment possibly here?), all this having been said we met with old friends there and we WILL be back next year all being well.
Karl & Sue Brackenbury.