The title of this review used to sum us up in terms of how we would holiday every year. There are so many countries and places we want to visti, that we decided we would never return to the same country, never mind a resort twice in our lives. How wrong we were after our visit in May 2006 to COR (Couples Ocho Ros). The place is fantastic, and service out of this world. You might expect to pay double for top notch hotels for the type of attention and service Couples staff give you.
We were there for 2 weeks, and had the pleasure of being Elliemay22's witnesses at their wedding. They posted just recently, and will return in May 2008, like us!
Granted the resort is dated, but it was built in the early '50s for the then Hollywood types. It retains a certain old world charm, but the rooms are clean and all mod-cons, including cable tv, a/c, and views to die for (especailly the ocean view rooms). We started out in a garden view, but my other half is mosquito intolerant, and after a few nips later, we asked to move to ocean view. The staff went out their way to make this happen, all within a couple of hours.
Food at all the restaurants is fantastic. As mentioned in another post, Ulysses cooks up a special breakfast to order if you ask. I loved my seafood omellete! Le Gourmet restaurant has to be booked in advance, but you can do this soon after check-in at the reservations desk as many times as you want for your stay. Only one night per week, you cannot get a table, as the room is booked for a repeaters guest dinner.
Calabash (buffet) is great for lunches, and look out for the seafood salads - yummy! We only dined in Bayside once during our stay, as we're not hot on Italian pastas and such.
Resort organised trips are well worth the money = $0 lol. We went on the horse riding, Dunns falls (buy some water shoes and go on a Sunday, nice and quiet).
The snorkeling trip (again free and twice a day) is great fun - expect to see loads of little Nemo's and other such beasties. Even the water on the beach is teaming with life - look under the big floatie and you'll see what I mean
All in all, a great place to unwind with your significant other, and be pampered at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios