“unreal experience”

and up
Shuttle Service from Runaway Bay Hotels to Ocho Rios Attractions
Ranked #9 of 68 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.

LIKED? easy - everything
DISLIKED? the prices they wanted to charge for memories and keepsakes.. but all in all a fantastic day away!!

3  Thank Tony B

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Dolphin Cove was an interesting experience, not quite as elaborate as other dolphin experiences (Nassau for example) and also not as expensive. The pictures that were taken were not as good and were a little pricey. I enjoyed the nature walk and had my photo taken with the birds. The lunch that was included was not that great....kind of dry, but welcome because by the time you do the excursion, you're starving. We also went to Dunn's River Falls and were very late getting back to our ship, but because we had booked the trip through the cruise line, they had to wait for us. Since we were so late, you'd think they would have dropped us off closer to the ship, but no, we had to schlog a long way back through the port to get back to the boat.

1  Thank JillE1957
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great time and experience with the dolphins. Also got a chance to touch a stingray. The Shark exhibit was wonderful. We also had some of the best Jerk Chicken on the island.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Although I am sad about captured dolphins and do not agree with it, I did take my son to have a dolphin experience. We had two photographers who took zoom shots of us and my son stood on the dolphin's back and it is one of the best pictures of one of our best times in his life. It made his grandma swoon nearly. The CD cost me $80, which is just crazy, or else I would have had to get photos at $10 each and there were many nice ones, so I was stuck. I did, however, get a lovely pendant and the gift shop selection was enormous. the jewelry was really really good stuff. We enjoyed the gift shop as much as the dolphin visit.

The food was so poor; the hot dogs (pretty much all they had) weren't even cooked yet (out of propane or something) and I was getting really hungry. Ate the ever-present granola bar that one travels with. Surely they could do better than that?? Staff as sitting around smoking and talking and not apparently cooking.

The parrots were a hoot and the girl was sweet and put them in our hands and that was the second best part. The sea animal petting was an extra fee if I recall correctly. didn't do that.

I am glad I went.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This tour was definitely worth it!

Getting to be in the water with the dolphins for over 30 minutes and learning so much was awesome. From kissing the dolphin to riding on it's belly it was totally enjoyable. If you did not already have a decent respect for this creature you will certainly do so coming out. Our only regret was when it was over, I think everyone wanted to stay longer!

Aside from the "kiss" and the belly ride which are the two main events you also get to do tricks with them and pet them several times. The guides are very informative and friendly so you are treated very well, feel welcome and learn a lot. But most of all after being so up close and personal with the dolphin it's hard not to admire the species more than you did coming in.

Two things to consider that some may view as negatives. One is the price of the tour; the event itself is somewhat pricey (over $100.00 a person) but keep in mind two things it is a major attraction and two when are you really going to have an opportunity to do this again (Sea World?). They do offer a variation of this tour where you do not swim but only interact with the dolphins and it is about $40.00 less expensive, my advice is to spring for the extra mula as the magic of the experience is multiplied way more than the money you save. Also the whole adventure is captured on video and in photos and if your budget allows it (as it is also overpriced and expensive) then go ahead and get yourself a copy, when you get back home and are able to relive the experience with friends and relatives you'll be glad you did!

Your on vacation and in a foreign country and the closest you have ever been to a dolphin experience is the overcrowded petting/feeding tank at Sea World; get over the price and do something that you and your family will never forget, BOOK IT!

Luis Alejandro Cervantes