“Amazing Extended Family reunion”

Amanoka  -  Azure Luxury Collection
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocho Rios
Amanoka - Azure Luxury Collection
Brewster, New York
“Amazing Extended Family reunion”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

WOW! What a warm and welcoming villa. There were 16 in our party celebrating my in laws 50th wedding anniversary. 9 kids aged 10-15.
The rooms were spotless and so well decorated with items from Indonesia.
The food.... OMG! Every meal was better than the previous one. Local flavors and foods- everything so fresh- from the fruit in the morning to the lunches with fresh salad to the candle-lit dinners- amazing. I loved how many of the meals were served in different places- on the veranda, the beach, the dining room, near the pool.
Hats off to Tommy (yeah, mon). So attentive to our needs- on the money - all of the kids loved him! Cliff, Beverly, Shep, and especially Nick the chef! Thanks for giving ME the week off of cooking.
Plenty for the kids to do- kayaking, snorkeling, swimming. Make sure you go to Dunns Falls on a day that there are no cruise ships in town- They did that for us and it was not crowded. BRING WATER SHOES or they charge you $7 per pair to rent. They are a necessity.
Rent the wave runners- Tommy can hook you up with that. Also- Courtney- the van driver- request him! His laugh is to DIE for!
The photos do not do Amanoka justice.
A really nice added touch is that the owners called while we were there to check in and make sure everything was up to par.
All you need there is a bathing suit, good book and your appetite. Perfect vacation for a large group.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2010

"Trip of a Lifetime" and "I wouldn't change a thing" were phrases we heard all week from our friends and their families during our stay at Amanoka. I couldn't agree more. Celebrating our 40th birthdays, my husband and I looked at tons of Villas in many different countries and once we saw Amanoka we were convinced that it was the place for us.

When we arrived we were greated by a most gracious staff. They took the time to show us around, greet the children and had drinks and snacks prepared. We did nothing but relax and have every wish fulfilled for the next 10 days. The meals were amazing, Nick is an accomplished chef and we told him to do whatever he did best. Boy did he ever! Sandria tended to our every need so nicely and Tommy always made us smile and seemed to appear just whenever we thought we needed anything at all. Our accomodations were amazing wih every detail thought out. My husband and I have NEVER slept in a more comfortable bed and HAVE to find out what kind of mattress we were sleeping on because now we have to have it at home. Kids and adults never had a boring day as there were kayaks, snorkeling, swimming, movies, books, etc. and everything else at our disposal 24 hours a day. Each dinner and lunch was in a different setting and each more beautiful and delicious than the next. We are already planning our next trip to Amanoka in two years. None of us can wait to go back.

Thanks so much to the incredible staff. Each and every one of them is fantastic. I couldn't recommend anyplace more beautiful or restful for any occasion. Already planning our return. :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank samlab25
South Orange, NJ
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I had the pleasure of spending a week at Amanoka villa with good friends for a special celebration, and will never forget this wonderful place. It is even more beautiful than it appears in the photos, and the staff is so warm and accommodating that I truly miss them! We were surrounded by beauty; the natural characteristics of this tropical location, enhanced by tastefully furnished and appointed lodging that anticipated every desire for peace, comfort and relaxation. I can honestly say that this was the best vacation of my life, aside from my honeymoon!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Trumbull,CT
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Amanoka Villa was the ideal choice to celebrate my 70th birthday with family and friends. There were 13 of us and the accomodations were perfect with 7 superb bedrooms. The property has every amenity you could think of...so I won't even try to list them. However, perhaps the real treat is an attentive staff who seem to anticipate your every wish before you even tell them. By the end of the week, I considered them as part of the family The chef is world class,- as was the food. Each meal is presented in a setting to be remembered...and they even catered specially to my two grand daughters, whose tastes may not be exactly the same as the adults. I could go on;however, suffice it to say that I have travelled over much of the world in some 50 years of business & pleasure and I could not recall a better vacation spot than Amanoka Villa in Jamaica.I recommend you try it for yourself...Enjoy! - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2009
2 Thank MKO2914
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 June 2004

This place was magnificent...the service, the seclusion, the views...UNBELIEVABLE

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member