I stayed @ Chrisanns the second week of my two week trip. I stayed in studio #6, which was convenient and had everything one could possibly need.
The pool was right outside my sliding door and I also had a sea view from the small verandah by the pool.
The weather was sweet, as always. I like to really snorkel and swim, so I opted to hop a route taxi and pay a US dollar for a short ride to REGGAE BEACH.
The small man made pool at Chrisanns is sufficient to get wet and cool off. I enjoyed the brand new gazebo, and took a gazillion photos.
The staff @ Chrisanns go out of their way to make you comfortable and happy. I had some fever grass (tea) dried for me to take home by one of the considerate cleaning technicians. They were all friendly and I look forward to returning to this sweet spot again one day.
Across the street are two places to eat. One is GLENS, the other is a Jerk place. I chose the jerk place, where I indulged in curry conch and white rice with steamed veggies. There is also a grocery store that has anything you could possibly need. I went there almost every other day.
There is an other local beach heading in the other direction that is free. I forgot to mention that Reggae Beach does charge, and the price changes with the wind.
Chrisanns location is perfect for anywhere you want to go. Stand in the road and grab a red plate taxi that takes you right into Ochi. Then you can go on from there. Dunns River Falls, or keep going to Runaway Bay Public Beach, where "FLAVORS" is. Nice to see all of Jamaica rather that just stay in the same spot the whole time.
The General store in downtown Ochi, is great for grocery shopping and getting that Blue Mtn. coffee to take home. Their prices are reasonable. I only ate out once or twice as I bought (3) whole, red snappers, and made brown rice and veggies in my studio. It lasted me (3) days.
I want to say thank you to Ms. Ducia, Jennifer, Charmaine. These three woman, went well out of their way to accommodate me. We had a tiny billing issue that was resolved in a VERY timely fashion. I was lucky enough to stay TWO extra nights because of all the snow back in New England....boo-hoo...(lol) I got stuck in JAMAICA while the others were shoveling snow!
Chrisanns....nice location, staff, pristine, picturesque, and the rooms are all immaculate. I never saw even one bug. Just hibiscus all around my studio, every single day and smiling staff.
The Wi-FI comes in fine if you go to the entrance area where there is plenty of comfortable seating. Not much of an emailer while I am in "mi yard", so no worries for me.
Chrisanns is a very irie place to stay. You will love the convenience of the area and all that comes with each unit.
FYI: I could not add any photos. I kept getting messages, that the "file name is inadmissible". Chisanns cove, is an inadmissible name? Maybe T.A. can tell me how to get around this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios