“Location-location”

Chrisanns Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed @ Chrisanns the second week of my two week trip. I stayed in studio #6, which was convenient and had everything one could possibly need.
The pool was right outside my sliding door and I also had a sea view from the small verandah by the pool.
The weather was sweet, as always. I like to really snorkel and swim, so I opted to hop a route taxi and pay a US dollar for a short ride to REGGAE BEACH.
The small man made pool at Chrisanns is sufficient to get wet and cool off. I enjoyed the brand new gazebo, and took a gazillion photos.

The staff @ Chrisanns go out of their way to make you comfortable and happy. I had some fever grass (tea) dried for me to take home by one of the considerate cleaning technicians. They were all friendly and I look forward to returning to this sweet spot again one day.

Across the street are two places to eat. One is GLENS, the other is a Jerk place. I chose the jerk place, where I indulged in curry conch and white rice with steamed veggies. There is also a grocery store that has anything you could possibly need. I went there almost every other day.

There is an other local beach heading in the other direction that is free. I forgot to mention that Reggae Beach does charge, and the price changes with the wind.

Chrisanns location is perfect for anywhere you want to go. Stand in the road and grab a red plate taxi that takes you right into Ochi. Then you can go on from there. Dunns River Falls, or keep going to Runaway Bay Public Beach, where "FLAVORS" is. Nice to see all of Jamaica rather that just stay in the same spot the whole time.

The General store in downtown Ochi, is great for grocery shopping and getting that Blue Mtn. coffee to take home. Their prices are reasonable. I only ate out once or twice as I bought (3) whole, red snappers, and made brown rice and veggies in my studio. It lasted me (3) days.

I want to say thank you to Ms. Ducia, Jennifer, Charmaine. These three woman, went well out of their way to accommodate me. We had a tiny billing issue that was resolved in a VERY timely fashion. I was lucky enough to stay TWO extra nights because of all the snow back in New England....boo-hoo...(lol) I got stuck in JAMAICA while the others were shoveling snow!

Chrisanns....nice location, staff, pristine, picturesque, and the rooms are all immaculate. I never saw even one bug. Just hibiscus all around my studio, every single day and smiling staff.

The Wi-FI comes in fine if you go to the entrance area where there is plenty of comfortable seating. Not much of an emailer while I am in "mi yard", so no worries for me.

Chrisanns is a very irie place to stay. You will love the convenience of the area and all that comes with each unit.

FYI: I could not add any photos. I kept getting messages, that the "file name is inadmissible". Chisanns cove, is an inadmissible name? Maybe T.A. can tell me how to get around this.

Room Tip: The lower rooms by the pool are cooler than the upper.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Sista-Levi

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at this location Jan 17-Jan 28 of 2013 (still here at the time of this posting) without every having visited Jamaica before. We are a young couple from Northern California, no kids just us. The unit is nice and clean and the layout is nice. Upstairs is a loft master bed and then downstairs is the kitchen, living room and bathroom. The balcony and unit are on the second level, it's got an ocean view but will be better in time as the palm trees get taller. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Across the street are two places to eat, one is fancy and one is a local spot. There is also a small mini-mart which is so nice to have just across the street. The AC unit work great along with all the ceiling fan and appliances. We just love the kitchen and the owner was thoughtful enough to get us a map, welcome basket and arrange for a driver from MBJ Airport. The pool is decent but the ocean is RIGHT THERE, just outside the backyard....JUST like in the picture. Anyone who isn't happy in a place like this is a HARD customer or just plain prissy. We took two days and went over to stay in Montego Bay and a medium sized resort (Cobaya) and we prefer this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed at Chrisanns Beach Resort (Apartment #9) for one week. In preparation of our stay the owner send us useful information concerning what to bring, where to eat first morning and how to get around.
On arrival we entered a good maintained, clean and nicely located property and found a nice apartment that was clean, well equipped and decorated pleasingly. Entering the apartment lead us to the kitchen that holds everything you need, fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, etc. After the kitchen we entered the living room starting with an eating area, a cupboard with safe (included in the rate), sofa, armchair and table, TV set, radio, air condition, ventilator and ends with big window that leads to the balcony. The balcony provides enough space for two and gives a view to the pool and sea side. Going upstairs from the living room we found the bedroom with a large double bed, a chairs, two nightstands, a chest of drawers and a ventilator. Through other door from the living room we entered the bathroom with a big mirror, toilette and shower area. We were very pleased to see a very clean apartment decorated with beautiful welcome flowers.
About 5-10 minutes from Ocho Rios, the property is nice located on the beachfront with a restaurant, jerk place and supermarket right across the street. On the entrance area it has a parking area before you enter the actual apartment area. A pool is placed in the center of the apartments and a few steps further down the waves from the ocean break on the beach. The beach is protected by a set of big rocks and on there is a pavilion to sit and enjoy the fresh breeze from the sea.
Everything, the property as well as the apartment, was good maintained and cleaned up by very friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful flowers where placed in the bathroom regularly, towels were exchanged daily and the room after cleanup look like on our arrival.
Chrisannes apartment #9 was what we have expected with the information from the website and tripadvisor.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ille154
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I arrived at Chrisman’s resorts very late in the night and on arrival I was warmly welcomed by Dulcia’s personal caretaker who helped me with my luggage.

On entering apartment #9 I was very disappointed I didn't get the Wow! factor I was expecting. The images which are displayed on the website are very deceiving and are not a true reflection of the apartment.
Downstairs living room, bathroom and kitchen are like any standard apartment and nothing like the images on Chrisann’s website or what the owner Dulcina displayed. The only room I liked was the bedroom which was exactly like the images. I slept very comfortable in the very large queen size bed.
I have to thank the maids who did a wonderful job in keeping the apartment clean and tidy, they changed the bed regularly and when I asked for additional sheets and other items they were all very pleasant and was helpful in providing a fast service.

The kitchen is a bit small but had all the necessary utensils and much more…. there was even a food blender, coffee make, toaster and Dulcia provided that all the necessary food required to get you started for the first couple of days e.g. sugar, milk, water, tea bags and a bottle of wine to welcome me etc…

The villa’s communal areas were very nice. The beach was very clean and quiet. It was wonderful to relax on the beautiful private beach in the lovely sunshine, beautiful sea and cooling sea freeze. The pool is fairly large and the water was warm, although on one occasion they did forgot to add chlorine to the water. The pool, villa grounds, front & back was cleaned every day.

The reception staffs were helpful; when I complained to Dulcia about the internet which was down it was connected immediately and the staff was very helpful in helping me to connect my laptop.

Overall my stay at Chrisann’s in apt #9 was very pleasant and relaxing. I would stay there again but only if the rates was much cheaper, on account that apartment #9 and Chrisann’s villas needs refurbishing. In addition Chrisanns needs to invest in a back-up generator.
Eating out was not a problem as there‘s Glenn’s restaurant and the local shop if you prefer cooking your own meal, conveniently across the road. There are also numerous restaurants (e.g. Island Grill, Captain’s Bakery, The Jerk Centre and many more....) just a 5mins taxi ride to Ochio. The taxis are very cheap only cost 70p from Chrisann’s to Ocho town centre. I eat at Glen’s and the food was excellent, very tasty and service was wonderful.

I will definite visit Jamaica again, it is a wonderful island with miles of stunning natural coastline; a paradise for beach-lovers. Among the island's best offerings are Negril's Seven Mile Beach with great snorkeling and diving, Treasure Beach on the South Coast and Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, which has sand that looks like sugar. Ocho Rios has stunning beaches great hotels and apartments, lots of local shops, two craft markets, local market and Turtle Park.

I would recommend Dulcia’s apartment and Chrisann's resorts to others, it is an ideal (3 star) resort/apartment if you are not too fussy and on a low budget.

Room Tip: It's cheaper to eat out as there are numerous restaurants e.g Island Grill, Captain's Bakery...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SweetP-09
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I would like to thank Dulcia who owns apartment number 9 at chrissan. Dulcia had helped me with arrangements for my wedding at chrissans she constantly kept in touch from day one until the day she also made an effort to be at my wedding even though the weather was so Bad she drove from Kingston, which i was really great full. This is my 3rd time there its a beautiful place. Number 9 is really cosy and comfortable, the housing keeping staff are fantastic too. Its some were you feel safe and relaxed. I took my whole family there from england who really enjoyed it and all said they would stay again. Thank you again Dulica i would recommend Chrissans to anyone who's want to go to jamaica

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamaicaRelax
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Just spent 2 weeks at Chrisanns, Tower Isle, Jamaica. We rented Dulcia's apartment #9. What a lovely home away from home. The staff as Chrisanns were wonderful, Jennifer, Charmaine, Cathy and Chase. We would also like to mention Mr. Christy & Dr Bell whose taxi services we used. Across the road is the Tower Isle Jerk Center with Debbie and Lisa. Service was great and their food is excellent, especially the curried goat and brown stew fish. Chase took us to Fisherman's Point for a fish dinner, one of the best meals we have ever eaten. Christy and Dr Bell showed us their Jamaica to include the Blue Lagoon and Ruby's Jerk Stand (thanks Christy). Forget all-inclusive, you have to go to Chrisanns. We were lucky enough to meet Dulcia, a fellow countryman!!. And when Hurricane Sandy blew in Chase and Dulcia took excellent care of us and made sure we were safe and had provisions. Dulcia generously allowed us to stay free of charge during the hurricane.We have travelled extensively and this has been one of the best holidays ever. Thanks to everyone we met, you made us feel welcome in your beautiful country.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Greta2516
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed in Apt # 9 for seven nights and it was just wonderful , better than I had dreamed.
The apartment was just as the pictures portrayed it.
Dulcia the owner was wonderful and provided lots of information about the apartment
the surroundings, how to catch a taxi, as well information about Ocho Rios
the markets....where to buy fish & vegetables.I felt well informed and secure.
I had mentioned that I would like some Jamaican coffee for my first morning and she provided it including the filters.
The resort is quiet and absolutely beautiful the first 3 days I had the pool all to myself , I could not believe it.
The staff was great , and they helped me purchase some fresh Snapper fish fresh from the sea.
The kitchen in Apt # 9 had everything I needed since I did most of the cooking everyday
Charmaine the housekeeper was lovely and brought me fresh flowers , how sweet.
The bed was divine , very comfortable and I liked the fine linens & feather duvet, just like home.
I was able to walk across the street to the grocery store and was surprised that it was well stocked
Large choice of frozen meats & fish...some vegetables ......can goods.......even alcoholic beverages......
One day I was all alone in the pool when the staff harvested some coconuts and shared them with me .
that alone was an adventure. The pool was super clean and the sea pool also.I just loved everything.
After my return and sharing the 200 pictures I took with my friends & family ,
I am planning to return next year with my sister in the spring and with my daughter in the fall.
Thank you, Dulcia, for making my stay one to remember.

Room Tip: Apt. #9 perfect location Pool & Ocean View
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo