“Love the beach”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Walla Walla, Washington
“Love the beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here with friends and some family. The first night was great and the rooms we got was ok. The join single beds together to make the queen bed. The beach was great we enjoyed it.
I encountered rats in the middle rooms towards the back the ocean view. Was a bit disappointing. The manager treated us great she made sure everything else was good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KayJay G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our friend owns a place at this resort and we just went on our 1st trip to Jamaica, and stayed at her friend's place. The pool and private cove were great, there is a guard at the front gate, and really nice housekeeping. We had a loft and a kitchen in unit 10, and all kinds of home amenities inside our condo - from magazines to pots & pans to snorkel gear and dvds to watch. Our power went out for about 5 hours one night in the middle of July, but that is our only complaint. I would come back and stay here again, it was a nice experience. There is a market and a bar in walking distance across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I would love to share my vacation to promote "Chrisannes resort". My husband & I have often stayed in hotels but this vacation we found "Chrisannes". What a amazing experience. Every morning I was greeted with a "good morning" from each staff member.

As we watched the sunrise & sunset , there was no better place than the beach. We had our own swimming area with tons of fish. We also had a private pool. We even saw a octopus that lived in the sea near a rock. The employees took the time to take us swimming to show us all the star fish at the bottom of the sea. I cant express how wonderful it felt to feel so welcome & relaxed. We had a wonderful house keeper named Charmaine. Everyday she took the time to make sure our room was beautiful & fresh.

The owner ( Dulcia Tulloch) was a incredible women with so much energy & dedication the the resort. She was always willing to help & educate us on JAMAICA.

We had a near by grocery store & a couple restaurants. I jogged a mile every morning and security & everyone was sure to keep an eye on me. LOTS OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE & A DESTINATION TO LOOK FORWARD TO ANUALLY. This has been our fifth time to Jamaica & we finally found our second home at CHRISANNES APT #9

I cannot ask for anything more than to return to Chrisannes again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Moe182
ontario canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed two nights. Very clean and away from the busy city. Loved having my own kitchen and stocked up on ice from the shop across the road. Would have loved to stay longer and will return. Perfect spot to rest and relax. Comfy beds. Bring your own shampoo and soap. Loved this place and the price. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank getagripgirl
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Chrisanns Resort. We stayed in room 27.
These are the Pros of this resort:
The staff are really nice. This place has your basic needs, You're basically renting a studio (stove and refrigerator included). They have a pool and a private beach. They have housekeepers that stop by daily.
There is a supermarket, Jerk station and bar directly across the street.

Here are the Cons: if you are looking for a high-end resort this is not it. The space was small. There is an upstairs (which is just stairs leading to a small bedroom). The dresser drawers were broken and seemed cheaply made. There are no ceiling fans in this space (seems to be the case in other rooms at this place based on reviews from a friend), so it was hot up there despite us turning on the a/c. We slept downstairs in the pullout couch the entire time. The stairs leading upstairs are very narrow and too vertical.. you feel like you might fall each time you go up or down them. The wifi does NOT work!
I was told this place was renovated or updated, nothing in here seemed that way except for the a/c unit downstairs. (definitely not the refrigerator or stove). The toilet needs to be fixed. Sometimes when you flush it, the handle gets jammed and the water keeps flushing repeatedly.
When you turn on the kitchen facet, water sprays everywhere. They need new pots.

The property: Yes there is a private beach, but there are sharp rocks all over the sand and in the water. I dont think this would be the place for a pleasant stroll along the beach. The right side of this private beach (near the wall) to the other side smells like raw fish. There were a bit of trash on the left side of this private beach near the gazebo (wrappers, bottles, etc) in the water.
There is a gazebo (as mentioned above) that looks like a hazard. The poles holding this concrete gazebo up are deteriorated to a great extent at the top. This thing looks like it's ready to collapse any moment. There is a light switch by this gazebo, when it turned dark my husband decides to turn it on and got shocked.
Had we actually stayed in the hotel a good portion of time, this is not your best option for a romantic or family getaway. However if you are not a fussy person, you might like this place.

The thing about this resort is it looks beautiful on pictures taken even by us but when you see it in person, it's just an ok place.. nothing to go crazy about.

Overall the friendliness of the staff is what makes this place an ok place along with the pool and area it is in.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are supposedly better.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank star23m
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I so want to rate this place a 5 but It would be a false review. The grounds and some staff were awesome. The unit was okay. Some changes the manager should consider to make this place impeccable are:

1. Miss. Charmaine should train all of the house keepers and over see their work.

She is a hard working older woman that puts the other housekeeper (Cathy) to shame. Cathy does the bare minimum to keep the place clean. Our balcony was never cleaned and had dried bird poop all over it on our arrival. On the contrary, Charmaine cleans her "wing" from the inside out.

Another thing to consider before confirming your reservation is clearly stating the AC unit should be cleaned before your arrival. We never noticed how dirty the unit was until the one day we spent all day in doors. The next morning my family woke up feeling ill and spitting up black mucus. My three year old had black nasal drainage. My husband noticed the issue. it looked like that AC unit wasn't cleaned in months. Miss. Charmaine came to the rescue and fixed the problem immediately. She was more concerned for us and our comfort which brings me to the second change.

2. The current manager, Wilson, should be demoted to, I believe her name is, Shenice's position. After mentioning our situation to the manager all he said was, "I have to investigate this." Not even a dry apology. Shenice should be promoted. she is young but has what it takes to run the place and make customers happy. I met the manager once but saw her at least four times during my seven day stay. She is sweet and personable.

3. Fix the wifi! Glenn's wifi works better in the parking lot. There are full bars but no connection at Chrisann's...doesn't make any sense. I could are less but people like my little sister depend on wifi which made this place desirable to her.

Now for the good stuff. My favorite parts of the trip were spending time with Chase and Christie. I absolutely love and adore these men. Chase is the day time grounds keeper. He was great to my family. I miss him dearly and can't wait to see him again. To be quite honest, we didn't care to be in our condo or to leave Chrisann's when Chase was working because he was a pleasure to be around. Christie made leaving the grounds enjoyable. His rates are reasonable and his professionalism speaks volumes. He catered to my family's every need and treated us like family when we were there.

Mrs. Tulloch actually helped me book my stay and gave me great insight to the island and Chrisann's even though I didn't rent her suite. I would've loved to but the place is always booked. So book early!

The views you see are real. The grounds are well maintained and stunning. I call it a "clean beach" because there is a combination of sand and stones so you aren't covered with sand when you leave the water. My daughter and sister enjoyed the pool more because the water was warmer but my husband and I spent everyday in the ocean.

The location is great because there is a combination of locals and tourists here. I preferred that over the hustle and bustle of town. There are two places to eat across the street and a grocery store. If you are on a budget choose Glenn's for breakfast and the Jerk Center for dinner. The food at Glenn's was good but expensive ($10 US or more per person). Pick chicken or fish from the jerk center and you can't go wrong. The little shop across the street is great. You can get your essentials there.

Over all, I would go back if I can stay in either 9 or 16. Regardless of where I stay, I will be back to spend time with my beloved Chase.

Room Tip: Mrs. Tulloch owns suite 9 and keeps her place well-maintained per staff. She is very personable and...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NurseNash
Ajax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

A smaller (35) unit property 10 minutes out of Ocho Rios in the Tower Isle area, All apartments, pool and small private beach, located across the road from grocery store and restaurant. Stayed in unit 9, a corner unit with limited view. Unit was well appointed and comfortable, would have liked to have had a TV upstairs in the bedroom. Stove needs some attention. We did not use the WIFI, but were advised on our second day that some work was being done on the system...on the day before we left someone showed up to fix the WIFI. Personal preference would have been for a poolside unit (but not a negative)at the end of either side of the U shaped property. As others have suggested a bar b q pit or unit would be a great addition and could become a gathering place for guests. Security was generally ever present (although did return late at night and did not see security) did not see or meet "property management" at any time. Property (not the unit ) was showing signs of wear/time. If using Glenn's across the road pay in Jamaican dollars in cash or specify JA $ on cc. Would send friends if this is the type of holiday they want.

Room Tip: Consider own preference, poolside, one level, view, etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple