“Home away from Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom
Panoramic
Kitchen
Beach view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kingston, Jamaica
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

The Villa L'horizon, is indeed a home away from home. The staff were inviting and treated you as if you are family. They genuinely care about your well being. While there, they suggested places for entertainment including their private beach along the Mammee Bay Estate.
The Villa L'horizon is the place to be in Saint Ann, after spending a day, you will not want to leave.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The caring staff
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MI

NY
Reviewed 24 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

justbeadi...
Lake Placid,ny
“Choose another villa till things are repaired”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

I want to first say I have traveled extensively and stayed in many high end villas. This being said I booked L Horizon, all inclusive thru Homeaway and dealt directly with the owner, Barrington .This was a birthday celebration for my 60th and my twin daughter's 30th. We all invited our closest friends to have a party of 15. I was thrilled to not have to deal with anything but meet with the cook and plan our meals for the 8 days of our stay. Barrington had sent me a list of specialty dishes she could prepare, which all sounded delicious!
I really don't know where to start because the saying NO PROBLEM is a myth at L Horizon. Frist problem was air conditioners in 3 of the 7 bedrooms did not work. This would not have been such a big deal if we could open our windows, but next to the villa was on open burn going on each night and the smoke and smell was horrible. After 4 days( half of our vacation) the AC was fixed and working.
I did ask to sit down with the cook with the printed offers I was sent to discuss our meals and she said she had never seen this before! I said we would love a lot of fresh vegetable's and fruit, light on the carbs and spicy is great for our meats. NO PROBLEM!
Problem.... The fridge was empty. The freezer was empty. I took pictures and sent them to the owner. We were served nice breakfasts most days, until she really had nothing. White bread, lettuce, tomato and American chees sandwhiches each day for lunch. One day there was no coffee/ no milk and every dinner rice was served! WE ENDED UP EACH DAY AT THE BEACH BAR/RESTURANT PAYING FOR OUR FOOD!!! PROBLEM!

ICE MAKER, BROKEN
OVEN, BROKEN
FRIDGE FOR OUR DRINKS, BROKEN
POOL, CLOUDY NEEDS TO BE SHOCKED
HAIR DRYERS, BROKEN
SOUND SYSTEM FOR POOL, NOT AVAILABLE OR WAS BROKEN
TENNIS COURT. NOT STANARD SIZE, COULD ONLY PLAY SINGLES AND NO FULL SWINGS
This was a very special vacation for my family and it was ruined by having to deal with issues EVERYDAY. I now need a vacation!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: We liked it all.
Liked least: Wish the house was right on the beach.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing