“lovely house and lovely people!”
other traveller has booked this property
Master Bedroom
Master Bathroom
Panoramic
Kitchen
Beach view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dsw_no1
england
“lovely house and lovely people!”
Reviewed 6 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We had a fabulous stay at L'Horizon, the house is beautiful and the on-site staff all looked after us so well. The house has been fitted out to high standards everywhere, all of the large bedrooms are nicely furnished and ensuite, with aircon and tv etc etc. Linens were good quality and changed daily. The downstairs living spaces are massive, but we hardly used them as it was so nice to be outside around the pool area.
We had the "food inclusive" tariff and Miss Rose (housekeeper & cook), assisted by Miss Stacey, looked after us fantastically - they provided a list of suggested dishes for breakfast, lunch & dinner but were happy and very able to provide other dishes we requested. They kept the villa spotless too.
Outside we had Nico and Steve taking care of security (the villa is fully gated and fenced), the grounds and the pool. The entrance to the Mamoo Bay area where the villa is situated is also manned 24/7 by a security guard, we felt 100% safe. It's a short stroll down to the beach area, where a good restaurant/bar is situated right on the shoreline - we enjoyed some great evenings there.
During our stay there was an amount of construction work for a new villa on the adjacent lot, which occasionally was noisy. It didn't much bother us though, and I imagine the exterior works will be completed soon anyway.
The villa has it's own transportation available, through a sub-contractor - note you will be expected to pay for fuel for any trips, except for the airport transfers. We visited Dunns River Falls, White River and Dolphin Cove which are all within easy reach of the villa. We also explored downtown Ocho Rios and visited the supermarket a few times for "essential supplies" - i.e., wine! There is a lovely circular bar by the pool outside the villa, where we enjoyed numerous beers and rums...but they had no wine so we supplied our own!
I wouldn't hesitate to return for another vacation here, I highly recommend L'Horizon if you're looking for a peaceful, pampered and relaxing break in Ocho Rios!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the pool and Miss Rose!
Liked least: the construction works next door
Smottie
Chicago, Illinois
“"No problem" kind of place, where everything is all right:)”
Reviewed 21 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

At the beginning of our review, we would like to say that if you are a luxury high maintenance traveler, who is looking for all-you-can-eat buffets, stainless steel kitchen appliances and pristine accommodations, then you should stop reading this review. We are a laid back couple who like to be as close to locals as we can when we travel abroad. So L'Horizon was waaaaay more than what we expected in terms of its location, house decor and service. We had to accommodate a 15 ppl crowd between the ages of 3 and 65, from different cultures and backgrounds, so my husband and I spent an entire month looking for vacation rentals that would fit our crowd and our budget. And L'Horizon was just perfect. It was literally twice as big and twice as cheap as Seven Seas directly across from it (but that one was ON THE BEACH, so you pay for the location)
Barrington, the owner, was very patient with us answering all of our questions and trying to accommodate all of our unusual requests. Pick up from the airport was extremely easy. We all came at different times, so Omar, the driver, had to patiently wait for an extra hour until we finally got through customs. Upon arrival, we were greeted by super friendly manager Kelly, who showed us around and got us all situated. All the house girls worked extremely hard to keep the house clean, made our beds every morning, tidied up rooms etc....Anytime we would run out of alcohol, cigarettes, cereal, or whatever it was, they were always eager to go out and get it for us. (which saved us a lot of money, because tourist taxi is about 10 times more expensive than local....seriously, our friends who stayed at the riu resort had to pay 20 bucks to come over one night (it's a 10 min walk) while the girls would go all the way to the grocery store for $3:))) Thank God for Miss Amanda, she saved us with her grocery runs:)))))
Our pool was perfect and ready for use every morning. We were there at the beginning of February and the temperature in the unheated pool was just perfect even for small children. My husband and I even took a plunge at the end of our wedding night all dressed:)) That was extremely fun. The hot tub wasn't warm enough for us to use, but I guess we never even cared to ask the guys what was wrong with it. Who needs a hot tub when you are in 85 degree weather by the pool.
A few of our guests used the gym daily. I asked how it was and they said it was fantastic. The equipment is a bit outdated, but they had all they needed to burn off some of that delicious stew that Miss Rose made for us:)
The rooms are beautifully decorated, have comfortable beds and balconies where you can relax and look either at mountains or beautiful tree tops of the rainforest. We had clean towels everyday. My husband and I tried to use the hot tub in the suite one night, but the water temperature wasn't warm enough and then we forgot to ask Miss Kelly to have someone take a look at it. One of the hairdryers didn't work in one of the rooms, so Miss Kelly brought someone in to fix it the next day we told her about.
We were just a 5 min walk to the beach. They call it a private beach, because it is gated and you need to have a pass to get in, but it is used by a resort, all the villas in the gated community and occasional tourists from the cruises. The beach chairs were $10 to rent, but Niko and Steve were so nice, that they offered to bring those chairs for us from the villa every day, so we had ours for FREE. So nice of them!!! Those chairs are extremely heavy! We were also allowed a cooler full of drinks, which I believe was against the beach rules, but in Jamaica it is all about the attitude. If you are nice enough, the locals will always return the favor! Steve and Niko also constructed our wedding stand for us, which was awesome, because when I contacted the hotel ON THE SAME BEACH about our wedding arrangement, they told me the minimum fee for the use of their "venue" (it was an altar and a bunch of white chairs) was $3000!!!!!! Our wedding was DIY and very non nonchalant, but we loved it, and so did our guests. By the way, the wedding chef ONeil recommended by Barrington was an angel and very talented cook. He was super friendly, listen to our vision of the wedding dinner and prepared a delicious real Jamaican dish with seafood curry, lobster and jerk chicken for just $18pp. Cheap! On top of that, he organized an outing for us to a local fisherman's beach where we had fish prepared for us right in front of us on the beach. Very local, no tourists in site:)
The only thing that we would recommend Mr. Barrington to improve is the communication about the food arrangement. The all-inclusive option is extremely convenient while you are on vacation, and I was happy all of our guests agreed to it. But they asked me in advance (or I should have told them myself, but I just did not think about it) what type of food we prefer and what special things we would like to eat. There was tons of food prepared for us, but it was very similar every day. I was a bit bummed out that we had to spend more money to buy fruit and vegetables and cereal and bottled water and things like that every day. I would think that $35 per day per person in the Caribbeans could buy us a lot of local tropical produce. But I blame it on myself for not covering that with them at the beginning. And I hope they will change that to improve their guests' experience vacationing at L'Horizon! We will definitely be back there! And we would recommend this villa to all of our friends.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, staff and the house decor
Liked least: food arrangement
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Management Response
23 Feb 2015
Hello Olga thank you for this review I will aim to make your return visit even more enjoyable than your last by addressing the points you have raised I will also address the cost of beach chairs with the beach management committee.
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Travelling group: Large Group
Juliejool...
London, United Kingdom
“Heaven!”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Paradise it self!!
I have been to Jamaica soooooo many times stayed in several all inclusives and with Family! But I must say I had the time of my life while staying in Paradise L'Horizons. A++++++++ all the photo's that I had taken which I posted on social networks were liked, with people making enquiries about the Villa! The staff were so warm, welcoming and Friendly all the facilities were on point! Big thanks to the staff team for making it soooo special. I can't wait to return!!!!!!!

Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
JBeverlyS
London, United Kingdom
“The best vacation ever, FIVE-STAR all the way!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I don't normally write reviews but having just returned to the UK from a week at LHorizon, I felt obliged to write this review to say how absolutely spectacular the whole experience at L'Horizon was!

From the moment we made the booking, Barrington was the perfect example how customer service should be He answered our many questions in a timely, helpful and professional manner and was on hand all the time, for whatever we wanted to know.

The villa itself is truly amazing and like others have said, more spectacular in real life than the pictures depict. Everything is well laid out and it's obvious that a lot of thought and attention has gone into the design. Equally important though, the place is well maintained and lovingly taken care of. The location too is excellent, with a lovely stroll down to the beach and a short drive into the town of Ocho Rios.

However, the real jewels at L'Horizon are the staff and I can't begin to say how well we were taken care of. From the moment we arrived, Miss Kelly was on hand to greet us and I would particularly like to thank her for the special care and attention that she gave to my mother:-)

Miss Sandra, along her team of Miss Amanda and Miss Charmaine are true professionals in every sense of the word!!!! The house is immaculate, the cooking exceptional and there was nothing that we asked that was too much trouble for them!!! I have stayed at a number of villas in Jamaica and the staff here are without doubt, head and shoulders above anywhere I've stayed before!

We also had O'Neil cater for an event that we had at the villa and the food was delicious, with many compliments from the guests who attended. We shouldn't forget the guys who looked after the security, bar, pool and the grounds - Steve, Rayon & Evroy.

There is so much more I could write but I think the best way to sum up is to say that we have found our PERFECT holiday location in Jamaica and really hope that it won't be long before we're back!

L'Horizon is the perfect place to stay when you're looking for something extra special in the paradise island of Jamaica!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
Reviewed 8 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Liked best: The Service was faultless
Liked least: The fact that my wife and I didnt stay longer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ShanzieMa...
Kingston, Jamaica
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

The Villa L'horizon, is indeed a home away from home. The staff were inviting and treated you as if you are family. They genuinely care about your well being. While there, they suggested places for entertainment including their private beach along the Mammee Bay Estate.
The Villa L'horizon is the place to be in Saint Ann, after spending a day, you will not want to leave.

Liked best: The caring staff
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;