“Wow and Wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Wow and Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ocho Rios, Jamaica was one of our stops on a cruise that my husband and I recently took. We did the Sky Explorer, the Bobsled ride and the Hummingbird Garden. It's absolutely beautiful here. We could have spent another 2 hours here easily, but had to get back to the ship. I highly suggest the bobsled ride and would say get your own bobsled instead of going double. If you decide to go double, the person in the back bobsled really can't see as well. I would highly recommend this place as you go at your own pace and do the parts of the park that you want to and skip what you don't want to do.

Regina, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Beautiful and exciting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We took the trip out of the Montego Bay port (arrived on Carnival Breeze) and the 2 hour drive was a little much. Squished in the back of a passenger van, but they kept the climate good, and our guide (she introduced herself as Shanequa, but her tour guide licence tag said something much more Jamaican.) was friendly and knowledgeable. Once we got to mystic mountain there was about a 15 minute gondola ride to the top of the mountain. The leisurely ride provided amazing views and awesome photo ops of the Ocho Rios port, ocean, and the rainforest. The quiet of the rain forest was something we both enjoyed immensely. Once at the top of the mountain we went strait to zip lining. Only about a 10 minute wait and we were suited up and on our way back down the mountain! We had 2 very funny assistants that connected and unconnected us on the lines. So much fun zipping through the overgrown lines...like you're really doing it tarzan style instead of a tourist trap. The vertical line was crazy awesome and not at all what was expected, in a good way. The lines are differing lengths, and while you're soaring through the canopy, we never felt unsafe. We enjoyed EVERY MINUTE! Be sure to bring sunscreen and/or bug spray as you ARE in the middle of the bush, and there will be bugs and a lot of sunshine!
After ziplining, we rode the gondola back up the mountain (another enjoyable and peaceful ride to the top) and had a jerk chicken lunch. It didn't feel very authentic, and while it was edible, it was also very forgettable. Jerk chicken (I expected jerk chicken to be spicy! but this really wasn't), rice, and coleslaw that was warmer than I would have liked coleslaw to be.
Next we headed over to the bobsled, which was his favorite part. we Never buy the tourist pictures, but I just had to drop the money on it this time because you can see his happiness radiating as we raced around the track at top speed. The wait in line wasn't terrible because we were part of tour (maybe 15 minutes?) but you could tell people in the other line were frustrated with the wait. We only were allowed one trip around the track as part of our package and had to pay for any additional. If we had more time, we would have paid the extra to go again (even though it was EXTREMELY expensive for a 4 minute ride). Twice would have been much more satisfactory, but we still very much enjoyed the once around the track we had!!! as I said, it was his favorite part of this excursion!
The price, when you factor in the 2 hour transport each way, the lift tickets up and down between the different attractions, the bobsled, and the ziplining, was maybe a little pricier than I would have liked to have paid, but I'd pay that price again and would still recommend others do this tour at that price.
This is where we couldn't rate the excursion any higher...our tourguide had no sense of time nor urgency to get us back to the ship in Montego Bay. As a result, we were over an hour late, and we were the trip that held up the entire ship by almost 90 minutes. It was kind of embarrassing with everyone kind of upset on the outer decks sarcastically thanking us for keeping the ship in port...but thank goodness we booked through the ship so they waited for us!!! we wanted to rate 3.5, but weren't given the option for half points.

Petawawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We enjoyed the canopy ride up. The views were amazing. Took about 15 minutes one way. The bobsled run was fun, but should have had 2 or 3 included in the package, not one. If they had increased the number of runs, then maybe the package would have been worth it The zip lining was awesome and the best part. The guides were fantastic and a lot of fun! My first time zip lining and I wasn't scared at all....even went backwards on one of the runs!

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“No words”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I took the skylift with my seven year old daughter. Definitely one of the most amazing experiences I will share with her.

Chicago, Illinois
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“love this skyline ride up the mountain but its pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

this skyline tour is out of this world amazing for its views but is pricey. it is not for those who are at all afraid of heights. the skyline ride is a bit bumpy at times and can be unnerving for those scared of any heights. my kids loved it and although it is slow, it is a nice ride to the top of the mountain.

Visited February 2014