“Absolutely AMAZING!”
Review of Jamaica Xplored

Jamaica Xplored
Ranked #4 of 16 Transportation in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a Private Transportation and Tour operator specializing in Jamaica's rich culture, history and natural attractions. I operate from the Ocho Rios/Runaway Bay area and do customized tours throughout my island. If you are not sure of what you would like to see, I will create something suitable for you. Come experience the "real" Jamaica. I also do pickups and drop offs (Airport Transfers) to both international airports on the island.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Glen Garwood was recommended to me by a friend who was just in Jamaica and we were not disappointed. We were a group of 4 that had never been to the island so when my friend told me about Glen I thought we'd give it a shot. I email Glen quite a bit before we even left with questions and he was very quick at responding. First thing I really liked was he asked me questions and based on the answers he picked a tour for us. When we arrived Glen contact us at the resort and let us know what to bring for the next day. He picked us up at 8 am sharp and our adventure started. Now remember you're resort will offer tours/excursion and they are fine but going with Glen you control the group size. There was only 4 of us with Glen in his very comfortable, cooler with drinks and snacks filled, air conditioned van instead of going with larger group in shuttles or buses. I should also add that Glen is an awesome guy who is very informative, personable and has some great stories. He's quick to answer any question you have and you can tell he likes what he does which makes it fun for us. After reading reviews and talking to my friend we went on the full day tour starting at Port Antonio, which I would call his 1st timers tour. With stops and sites along the way you start at Sommerset Falls. It may not be as big as Dunns River falls but it's beautiful. You can swim up to and jump off rocks at the falls or you can go in a boat if your not into water, also not a ton of people. Next was an awesome lunch that Glen set up for us. We were then off to the blue lagoon where we got to have a nice boat ride and learn about the area...very beautiful. Glen then took us to Frenchman's Cove to the most beautiful beach where we got to swim and relax. The last part of our tour was incredible. We got an amazing ride down the Rio Grande on bamboo rafts. It took about 2 hrs and your captain is very informative about the area. Then it was time to go back to the resort and we arrived around 9 pm. It is a FULL day tour. :) The prices are quoted in US $$$ and very reasonable, nearly comparable with other excursions but you get way more and it's personal. Jamaica Xplored offer other tours as well again he'll recommend places you may not think of to go. I highly recommend seeing Jamaica with Glen Garwood and I personally can't wait to go back and tour and visit again with him!

All reviews
"jerk chicken"
in 9 reviews
"green grotto caves"

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We used Glen on 2 vacations, first in 2013 when he took us and our friends to the Plantation Tour and the Firefly .
This year we booked him again he took us to the James bond beach and to Rose Hall and at the End of the Tour we stopped at Scotchie's for Jerk Chicken.
Glen is very funny and knowledgeable, he surprised us with Chicken patties (the best we've eaten).
We will definitely use him again next February to take us to the Martha Brae rafting. Thank you very much Glen we will contact you from Couples Sans Souci see you then :)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Glen Garwood, Jamaica Xplored picked my family and I up rom the airport to take us to the SJG in Ochi, he was on time as promised, on the ride he had cool drinks for us and nice music for the ride,
He is the greatest !

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We recently stayed in Ocho Rios to celebrate a birthday. I emailed Glen Garwood to arrange private tours. He was AMAZING! He took excellent care of us. We started with airport transfers. He was waiting when we arrived with his air conditioned vehicle and a cooler full of beverages. The next day he took us on a tour of the south side of Jamaica. It's literally an all day tour because the drive is so long but it was well worth it. We visited YS Falls, Black River Boatride and the Appleton Estate Rum Tour. Next came the Ocho Rios abilities tour where we visited Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gully, Coyaba Gardens and shopping. We also went to lunch at Scotchies. They have the most amazing jerk chicken there. And finally back to the airport with Glen. He was always on time and a font of information about everything Jamaica. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent private tour. Thank you so much Glen for taking care of us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We've been to Jamaica eight times over the past 15 years, and have always fancied visiting Kingston, but have been apprehensive because of the shortage of reputable tours, and stories of trouble.
However, when we asked Glen if he did tours there, we were delighted to hear "No problem, Mon". And that is exactly what happened.
A fine day trip, from Ocho Rios, up over the mountain via Fern Gulley, then down to Spanish Town. Past Spanish Town to Kingston, then on to a tour of Fort Royal, and back to Kingston for a city tour, including both old and new Kingston, and lunch in the old town.
Back over the mountains, and home in time to change for dinner. A most interesting day.
Thank you, Glen!