“Thanks for a great tour Glen”
Review of Jamaica Xplored

Jamaica Xplored
Ranked #6 of 17 Transportation in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a Private Transportation and Tour operator specializing in Jamaica's rich culture, history and natural attractions. I operate from the Ocho Rios/Runaway Bay area and do customized tours throughout my island. If you are not sure of what you would like to see, I will create something suitable for you. Come experience the "real" Jamaica. I also do pickups and drop offs (Airport Transfers) to both international airports on the island.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Glen Garwood was recommended to my family of 3 as someone who could show us 'the real Jamaica' and take us on a tour of some of the film locations on the island. Well he was really knowledgeable about all things Jamaican and we talked all day about all sorts of different things and we have learnt so much about the Jamaican way of life, its history, its wildlife, famous people, cookery and music. If you're looking for the personal touch and a fun day to go where you want to go, then give a Glen a call - www.jamaicaxplored.com or 990-4920. He also gave us a map of where we had been on our journey. Fabulous! If we come to Jamaica again we'll be calling on Glen

1  Thank Dave R

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked Glen Garwood of Jamaicaxplored for a days trip and he was fabulous. He was really knowledgeable about all aspects of our trip including history, plants, wildlife, cookery and even gave us some ideas about Jamaican music. He gave us a map of the journey we had taken and made us feel really special and took us to a restaurant where he talked through a variety of foods. If we went to Jamaica again we would get in touch - www.jamaicaxplored.com or 990-4920. Thanks Glen.

1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Glen Garwood was recommended to me by a friend who was just in Jamaica and we were not disappointed. We were a group of 4 that had never been to the island so when my friend told me about Glen I thought we'd give it a shot. I email Glen quite a bit before we even left with questions and he was very quick at responding. First thing I really liked was he asked me questions and based on the answers he picked a tour for us. When we arrived Glen contact us at the resort and let us know what to bring for the next day. He picked us up at 8 am sharp and our adventure started. Now remember you're resort will offer tours/excursion and they are fine but going with Glen you control the group size. There was only 4 of us with Glen in his very comfortable, cooler with drinks and snacks filled, air conditioned van instead of going with larger group in shuttles or buses. I should also add that Glen is an awesome guy who is very informative, personable and has some great stories. He's quick to answer any question you have and you can tell he likes what he does which makes it fun for us. After reading reviews and talking to my friend we went on the full day tour starting at Port Antonio, which I would call his 1st timers tour. With stops and sites along the way you start at Sommerset Falls. It may not be as big as Dunns River falls but it's beautiful. You can swim up to and jump off rocks at the falls or you can go in a boat if your not into water, also not a ton of people. Next was an awesome lunch that Glen set up for us. We were then off to the blue lagoon where we got to have a nice boat ride and learn about the area...very beautiful. Glen then took us to Frenchman's Cove to the most beautiful beach where we got to swim and relax. The last part of our tour was incredible. We got an amazing ride down the Rio Grande on bamboo rafts. It took about 2 hrs and your captain is very informative about the area. Then it was time to go back to the resort and we arrived around 9 pm. It is a FULL day tour. :) The prices are quoted in US $$$ and very reasonable, nearly comparable with other excursions but you get way more and it's personal. Jamaica Xplored offer other tours as well again he'll recommend places you may not think of to go. I highly recommend seeing Jamaica with Glen Garwood and I personally can't wait to go back and tour and visit again with him!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We used Glen on 2 vacations, first in 2013 when he took us and our friends to the Plantation Tour and the Firefly .
This year we booked him again he took us to the James bond beach and to Rose Hall and at the End of the Tour we stopped at Scotchie's for Jerk Chicken.
Glen is very funny and knowledgeable, he surprised us with Chicken patties (the best we've eaten).
We will definitely use him again next February to take us to the Martha Brae rafting. Thank you very much Glen we will contact you from Couples Sans Souci see you then :)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Glen Garwood, Jamaica Xplored picked my family and I up rom the airport to take us to the SJG in Ochi, he was on time as promised, on the ride he had cool drinks for us and nice music for the ride,
He is the greatest !