“Super bowl sunday at Mongoose, Ocho Rios Jamaica”

Mongoose Jamaica Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #17 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Jamaican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mongoose Jamaica is more than a Restaurant, it's an experience.This Restaurant is "something different," We did something 'different' with the name as well, when we choose the "Mongoose" which has a rich history in Jamaica. Breakfast ranges from typical Jamaican fare of ackee and salt fish to pancakes and French toast. For dinner, there's chicken southern fried, curried, grilled lobster, grilled or curried, pork or steak. If you prefer, grab a sandwich, a pizza, some Jamaican jerk, or something from the grill, or maybe a cocktail from the bar. Black forest cakes and cheesecakes are our specialty desserts.
New York City, New York
“Super bowl sunday at Mongoose, Ocho Rios Jamaica”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I spent 10 hours at Mongoose Jamaica on super bowl sunday. Got there at 2 pm for pre-game and stayed until 10pm. Me and My party of six ordered almost everything on the menu. We had jerk chicken, jerk pork, Pablo's burger, lots of wings with different sauce's, pizza ,curried shrimp and southern fried chicken. Everything tasted great and it was done to order. The DJ did a great job entertaining . I recommend Mongoose to everyone who's looking for good food and great service. The environment is great plus they have free wi-fi . I thought some of the meals are little pricey but then again you pay for what you get. Lots of parking in the rear. Check it out !!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ramjam67

Melbourne, Florida
“not special but convenient, tidy and fair prices”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Mongoose was the first place we came to walking from our hotel (Rooms Ocho Rios). We ate early so we did not experience it as a bar/night club, but just a quiet semi-outdoor restaurant. Twice my wife and I split a house salad and a Mongoose special pizza (jerk chicken, pepperoni, green pepper and pine apple). It was a little more food then we could finish. Waitress brought us extra plates without being asked to. PIzza was probably made on a frozen crust, but toppings were fresh and generous. Bill was $2000J. Should have been less than $20US but WARNING restaurants in Jamaica have their own exchange rate and would have charged us $24US. Get $J from an ATM to pay for meals

Visited January 2014
Ocala, Florida
“Must try Curried Goat”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have lived in the Caribbean and have had my fair share of curried goat. This chef by far prepared the most tender and well seasoned goat. The ambiance is not much, but the food wonderful and service great. We returned and the second time I had the catch of the day which was whole steamed snapper. It was very good, but did not come close to the goat.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“fun place”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Mongoose theme attracted me to this place and they have excellent wi-fi. Wi-fi abounds in Ocho Rios but few places have good wi-fi.. on the other hand they were begining a music event so I din't do any work at all on this short stop off my cruise ship.

The food was surprisingly good. I had red snapper which was steam cooked but very tasty with local spices and okra.. salad was well prepared. Its a terrace, bar restaurant, dance hall but the staff takes everything in stride. They were very nice to everyone no matter why you came in.

Wish I had more than a few hours.

Toronto, Canada
“Not recommended”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Service was ok, food was terrible, the fish was so overcooked that the skin was dry and wrinkly. I very much doubt it was the catch of the day as advertised, unless the "catch" was done in the freezer...not recommended.