“I miss Ochi!!!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“I miss Ochi!!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I felt straight away from the very first email I received from Mr Oliver that my family/friends and I were going to be looked after at Casa De Shalom; I was not wrong! We were more than happy with the service and attention we received on arrival right through to check out. I cannot thank Mr Oliver, Ms Campbell, Ms June and Mr Davion enough. All are genuinely lovely, friendly and professional people who manage this lovely guest house and their lucky guests.

It's very affordable, and well suited to groups as their have massive family rooms. We were originally supposed to stay for 2 nights but we stayed for 5 nights checking in earlier at short notice. This was no problem and all our last minute change of plans and requests were handled with the utmost courtesy. I never felt I was inconveniencing them.

A big thank you to Ms June who cooked our breakfast every morning; dumplings, ackee and saltfish... mmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it. It all went down a treat!! Set us right up for our days of relaxing on the beach and nights of partying! You can go in and out at all hours - just let them know. (I hope Davion is getting enough sleep these days) :-)

As it’s further away from the town centre and Main Street a car is advisable but don't let that put you off if you’re on foot! It's about 5mins drive from Mahogany Beach, which is private and free (there is a charge for the loungers though), there's a bar and restaurant, the staff there are wonderful too. The beach is lovely and doesn’t get too busy. They play music, which really makes you feel like you're on holiday in the Caribbean!

We stayed in a family room upstairs - really good size and there were 5 of us at one point, but could easily accommodate more. Mr Oliver brought us up a fridge for us to keep food and drinks cold as my 1yr old nephew was with the group. Cleaned for us daily to a good standard; comfortable beds; some pillows are softer than others but Ms Campbell changed those for us when we asked. It really is the little things that make you fall in love with a place.

I would recommend Casa De Shalom to anyone looking for a place to stay in Ocho Rios. They will make you feel at home!

Thank you for making my stay in Ochi a highlight of my holiday in Jamaica. Miss you all.

Ms Ruth

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RuthyBaby83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I would firstly like to thank Mr Oliver, Ms June and Ms Campbell for their hospitality. Originally I was a little apprehensive due to the location as it wasn't directly in the town centre which I am familiar with the most but learnt I was only a 5 minute drive away, close to Mahogany Beach which I really enjoyed and some fabulous restaurants.

I will be coming again and have already recommended this hotel to friends and family.

It's very clean, great breakfast, location is quite quiet not that far from the town and great for group or family bookings.

Charlene

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank CharCharNew
GemforTravellers, Manager at Casa De Shalom, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Carlene,
Thanks so much for the visit over the Easter Period and we were quite happy to have you as guest.
Your comments were all positive and it was a honor to have accommodated you and family. Our Notice Board is looking really nice with these wonderful reviews and it has motivated all my Staff and you can see the change in their work attitude. One Employee came to me and stated that she feels great taking care of all guests and wants to do much more. We appreciate your comments and happy that you have recommended our Property to the wider public. We fervently hope this will reach many more persons and hence enable us to provide 'world class service' to all our patrons.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was browsing through the website for places to stay during my Easter weekend in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and I stumbled upon Casa De Shalom and decided to call and e-mail the owner and staff for this place. Firstly, let me just note that the customer service is exceptional from the e-mails I had with Mr. Oliver Ramdeen to the personal and welcoming greeting I got from his staff when I came to this place. The rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly. I don't have any complaints for this place as I was treated with the utmost respect. The complimentary breakfast that they offer is also a plus. I would recommend this place for anybody to stay in because they know how to treat their customers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John D
Dear John D,
We were delighted to have you as our guest over th Easter Period and indeed we are truly grateful for this visit. All my Staff have sent their "thank you" and hope to see you very soon !!!.
We must say thanks for your positive comments, as it relates to Customer Service, cleanliness of the Property and Staff Friendliness . We are indebted to persons like yourself and could not survive without your contributions. Hoping that whenever you visit Jamaica again, you will remember us as 'your home' and will recommend all your friends to our House.
I am also using this medium to say "thanks" to Trip Advisor for having this window for guest reviews and this is so very important for a Small Hotel like ours, to continue to exist and make our own contribution to the Hotel Industry .
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We only stayed 1 night at Casa Shalom but the service and friendlyness you recieve as you walk in is overwhelming. They really made us feel at home. I would recommend this place to stay for anyone hands down. Thank you Casa Shalom, we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank oandy01
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Casa De Shalom provides a relaxing atmosphere and is very clean and enjoyable. Walking distance to most attractions. The staff is also helpful in providing accommodations to various venues. Our stay there was indeed delightful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francine D
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Casa is the place to be if you are looking for a place to relax, having a conference, or meeting with friends while visiting JA. My stay was very relaxing, great food, rooms were clean and staff very helpful. The town is in close proximity and very close the amazing Dunns River falls. If you are planning to visit Jamaica and looking for an affordable place to stay, make it Casa de Shalom...I do recommend this beautiful B&B.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Wesley E.

Casa de Shalom is an absolutely wonderful place to stay. With ample accommodations including master bedrooms, group rooms, a conference room which can be used for meetings or a wedding, it still maintains a cozy at home feel but with all he trimmings. Room rates are very affordable for the many services that are offered. It was one of the most immaculate hotels I have been to in the Caribbean. The staff was extremely friendly and helped with all of my needs.
It is located in a quiet, serene area, but still close enough to town where all the attractions are just minutes away. I have already recommended this spot to all of my friends planning on a Caribbean vacation, and I also plan on booking there again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Wesley E
Oliver R, Manager at Casa De Shalom, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Mr. Westley,
Thanks for your lovely review of our Guesthouse and for telling everyone about your wonderful experience here recently. Indeed, we are grateful to you for recommending our property to your friends and will endeavor to improve on all aspects of our services whenever patrons visit our House . We strive to ensure that our friendliness,service and smiles remain our greatest asset .
There is always a room here for you at Casa de Shalom and ask that you contact us by email when next you are returning, so we can extend the usual courtesies to you and family.
Your friendship is highly appreciated .
Kind regards,