My partner and I stayed at the Royal Plantation for a week at the start of March. I cannot praise the hotel staff and management enough on the quality of the service, accomodation and food.
We had our butlers Mario and Garry who were excellent but not often needed due to the constant (yet not intrusive) attention given by every single member of staff.
We utilised the scuba diving next door (very good - but be aware if you dont have a dive log you will have to do a check where you set up your own kit so dont expect to go for a dive on your first morning if this is the case. Also I reccomend that you do the wreck dive - you get to go through some tunnels!) at the sandals grande which only served to re-inforce the qulaity and beauty of the RP. I often couldnt get back to our hotel quick enough (the Sandals Grande guests are not allowed in the RP!).
The beaches were small but perfect and kept very clean. the sun loungers were very comfortable.
The food was stunning, I was not nearly bored after a week there - infact there were still many things I wanted to try. The Papillion was indeed the best restaurant but the Grill was also lovely and such a lovely location right next to the beach (it also did fantastic lunches) and the terrece was worth a visit. Breakfasts were amazing and you could order all sorts of cooked alternatives to the buffet such as eggs bendict or corned beef hash!. We went to Gordons, the butler only restaurant at the sandals grande for one night which was quite good. The seafood starter was amazing - i wouldnt suggest going if you dont like shellfish, as the mains (where you could have meat) were not as good as the starters.
The rooms were lovely
I would suggest you avoid the spa as it is overpriced,£150 for a facial that was average at best.
The cocktails are all very well made, the maritinis especially so (dont forget to try an expresso martini or a chocolatey one after dinner!).
All in all this was the best holiday I have ever been on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Destinology, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios