We have just returned from 14 WONDERFUL nights at Sandals Royal Plantation.
This is an intimate resort that caters for people who want to kick back and relax on the beach during the day and have good food, wine, and cocktails in the evening whilst watching some local entertainment.
This resort stands above the usual high standard of Sandals due to the fact that all suites are full butler service with 24hr concierge, Everything you could possibly wish for is catered for by staff that are always smiling and everything is NO Problem from the General Manager Mr Peter Fraser (who makes sure your drink is on it’s way if not already in your hand) down through the butlers and waiters and waitresses, bar staff, gardeners and maids who wish you a good morning everyday. One example of the wonderful service is that the Vodka in our room was switched from a premium brand to a superior brand when the butler realised that I always ordered the superior brand at the bar or dinner. This was a very nice surprise when we came back from the beach on only our second day.
Other surprises to mention just a few were the towel animals, flower petals and candles just to make your evening that little bit more special.
We celebrated our 15th Anniversary whilst at RP and WOW did our butlers make it special with towel animals, flower petals, a bath tub full of bubbles/ more petals before getting ready to go out for a drink on the terrace and then being escorted back to our suite for an intimate dinner for two surrounded by candles, flowers, chilled drinks all served course by course by the butler. Dinner consisted of a seafood risotto that was served perfectly cooked (one of the best risotto’s I’ve ever had) followed by Surf n Turf for my partner and Rack of Lamb for me to be finished off by the wonderful chocolate Lava puds from Le Papillion……..Yum Yum.
Monday night is Managers cocktail party followed by BBQ on the terrace with some amazing local dancers/fire eaters and singers. A must is trying Barry’s Coffeetini or Jacktini, these can also be tried out on Friday evening when the Martini bar comes out to play for Jamaica night, which is a must for all foodies who wish to try some local delicacy’s including Red Pea Soup, Curried Goat and jerk Pork and Chicken.
A grateful thanks must go out to all the staff for making our stay at RP a wonderfully relaxing time that we enjoyed wholeheartedly. Just a few names to mention are:
Jermaine and Shelley – our amazing butlers (thanks guys u r the best)
Clayton and the boys - Very knowledgeable water sports guys who didn’t laugh when I fell off the paddle board on more than one occasion!!!!!!!!!!!
Collette and her team at the terrace restaurant
Gladstone and Hakim – Bar tenders who serve your drink in their own innovative style.
So to summarise
Does this place have the best rooms in the world - no they are great but not the best. Does this place have the best beaches in the world again no but they are very good (especially when you realise the cordoned areas are due to the fact that turtles have laid eggs there)
But what RP does have is the whole package from that friendly smile to the anticipated drink or snack delivered by your butler whilst you are getting ready for dinner.
In our opinion a 5 star resort that we cannot wait to return too
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, TravelUp and Destinology so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios