This was our second time staying at the Royal Plantation. The first time was prior to Sandals. Not a lot of differences. The cell phone and 2 butlers was one notable change, for the better. Also, more information pertaining to excursions and spa treatments, again for the better. It was busier and more younger couples than our first visit. We love this resort. My husband and I both have high expectations when it comes to vacations and this place certainly meets them. Our tastes for restaurants, room comforts and ambiance along with expectations for quality service are also high. As long as you switch your mentality to "No worries in Jamaican time" you'll be pleased! We stayed in room 360, the Governors Suite both times. Wandered over to the Sandals next door but quickly returned.
Really the only negative things were the 1.5 hour drive which is much easier to endure if you get a private transfer! The beach was the second, you have to wake early to reserve your chairs on the beach or you don't get where you want. They will squeeze in more chairs for you later but it won't be your choice of location. But that just indicated the resort was full which was a good thing as we know if will be here when we want to come back in the future.
Try a G Stone martini from Gladstone
Lobster BLT at the cafe
Candle light dinner on the beach
Couples message on the pier at sunset
Dunn River Falls
Dune Buggy excursion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios