This was our second time at the Royal Plantation. We thought that the second time around might not be as impressive as the first but boy were we wrong. It was the most wonderful and relaxing vacation ever!
We arrived in Montego Bay on a Tuesday morning. Going through customs was quite fast and efficient. Soon after we were enjoying a Red Stripe at the Sandals lounge. 15 minutes later we are sitting in our private transfer and on our way to paradise. The drive is 90 minutes but the roads are nice and follow the beachside and goes through the mountains. Our driver was delightful and very informative.
Upon on arrival at RP, we were greeted from someone at the front desk with a mimosa to start our vacation the right way! After checking in, our butler Derron arrived to welcome us again and showed us to our room. Derron was our previous butler and we really liked him so we requested him once again. Our room was great! You have to appreciate the charm of this boutique style resort. Everything was in perfect working order and spotless!
Our butler offered to unpack our luggage and we accepted. We didn't want to waste any vacation time unpacking. We went down to the beach and found a nice spot under a parasol. Soon after Adrian the beach butler came to take our drink order. Let me just say that in the ten days we were there we never got up to get a drink that is how efficient Adrian and Cleon (beach butlers) are. We truly enjoyed Adrian and Cleon with their funny stories. They truly made our stay memorable! We never had a problem finding a spot in the shade and we never got up early to reserve a spot! Some days we would go golfing in the morning and found spots in the shade around 11h00 in the morning. The resort was 95% occupied. There are two beaches...east and west. We were always on the west beach. The water was nice and warm! There is a reef that results in small waves and calmer water. I really appreciated that the beach is now no smoking and it was reinforced also by the staff. They have a section next to the beach for smoking.
The food is spectacular! The quality of the food here is incredible! My favorites were the coconut shrimps, the shrimp BLT at the beach restaurant. We really enjoyed the "in the chef's hands" evening at the Terrace. The waiter asks you a few questions and the chefs prepares a brilliant meal just for you! I also like that the menu changes every night so that it doesn't get repetitive. Our favorite restaurant is Le Papillon. We had dinner there several times and it was outstanding every time. My favorite has to be the rack of lamb and the lava cake for dessert! We had Kenneth as our waiter on may nights and he was a pleasure!
Every night, we would go to the Wobbly Peacock pub to have a before dinner drink and we would also go there after dinner for a nightcap. The bartenders, Sean and Andre were the most entertaining bartenders ever. Make sure to try the Seantastic and the Kryptonite...they are wonderful! We had so much fun with the bartenders with the jokes, the magic tricks and the creative drinks that we were looking forward to spending time with them every night!
Mr. Fraser, the GM is one classy guy! He is always very present and very approachable! We chatted with him on a daily basis. He did so many nice things for us during our stay. Thank you the oxtail lunch which was wonderful! Thank you for everything! Good luck in Grenada! I know that you will do great things there! We will try to go visit you there someday!
We went golfing a few times. The golfcourse was in great condition! Our caddy Buddy was very good at giving helpful tips.
Our butlers, Derron and Dacia, were wonderful! They did so many nice things for us that I can't name them all. They were very professional and attentive to our needs! They made our vacation the most relaxing and memorable experience ever! Derron has a special place in our hearts. He has a special way of making us feel like we are the only people there! Derron is the best butler we've ever had! Best of luck to you in Turks and Caicos, my friend! Thanks for everything you did for us during our stay!
We had a couples massage at the Spa during our stay. It was amazing! Try the lava shell massage and the hot stone massage. What a treat!
We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked again for next year at the Soon come back desk before leaving. We can't wait to go back to our special little place in the sun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios