“Amazing”

Sandals Royal Plantation
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have just returned from two weeks at this fabulous hotel.
Huge thanks to Mark Skarkey (gm), Caroline (hm), & Peter ( head Chef).
And all ALL the staff who work at the hotel front of house and back stage, you all do a amazing job.
Nothing is too much trouble for anybody, they all have a smile on they face. and find the time to talk to you,
Food is outstanding, presentation and quality perfect.
This is a small luxury hotel, which offers so much, Peace, Quiet, Relaxation. And also lots of FUN.
All Ready booked for next year. can't wait to go back,

Room Tip: high floor,
2  Thank kizzy64

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Spent 2 weeks at the Royal Plantation in October for our Honeymoon, All of the staff are amazing, Special thanks to Mark Starkey the GM and our butler Ricardo Smith who both went the extra mile. Adrian and Cleon also do an amazing job as beach butlers

Don't bother visiting the neighbouring Grande Riviera beach side or Ochi beach club as the quality of everything is sub standard (food, staff etc), If you want to venture off resort then the Island Routes trips are good as is the Riviera Great house, especially for the chocolate party

We will be sure to return although I am sure that Ricardo Smith will have been promoted from butler by then

Room Tip: High up in the west wing
1  Thank MAT167
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for your great review of Sandals Royal Plantation. We're so happy to read that you had such an amazing experience with us. I will be sure to pass your review on to our General Manager and staff. They will be to proud to hear of your kind mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon at the Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios and had a wonderful time. We booked with Amy McHugh of Dream Makers Vacation Services and she was great at answering all of our questions and making recommendations about the resort and things to do in Ocho Rios.

The resort was recommended by friends of ours, who have been there many times, and they always talked about the tremendous service and relaxing environment. I was most impressed by the personalities and friendliness of everyone on the resort, especially our butlers Donard and Adrian. Adrienne the beach butler was great and made relaxing in the sand, so easy. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the resort GM, Mark, every single day, engaging guests and helping his staff make unforgettable memories.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to take a break from their everyday and doesn't want to left a finger. We will be returning next year!

4  Thank lotothezo

I'm so happy to know that the amazing staff at Sandals Royal Plantation was able to not only meet your expectations but also exceed them during your stay.

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to forward your comments to our managers and staff. They will be so glad to read your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another truly amazing experience.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first visit to a Sandals resort, and we were a little unsure if we would like it as we usually stay in small, privately owned hotels.
We loved it!
The resort is very small and intimate with just 74 suites. The grounds are beautiful, the buildings very well maintained, and the beaches are small but delightful.
The thing that makes this resort so special, though is the staff, who are all just amazing. Very welcoming and friendly, and go that extra mile to make your holiday memorable for all the right reasons. I had broken a bone in my foot a few weeks before we travelled, and asked for a couple of extra beach towels so I could elevate it. I was given them, of course, but a few minutes later Sheldon arrived by my lounger with a cushion, which he thought would be more comfortable, and every day after that the guys brought me one without fail - priceless!
The watersports guys were great - thanks Chad, Richard and Sheldon, you got me snorkelling again after too many years. The beach butlers Cleon and Adrian, made sure we were always topped up and their cooling rosewater sprays were delightful. Adrian is a larger than life character in every way, although he needs to work on his cockney accent.
We usually had lunch at the beach grill, which has a good selection, although we hardly made it past the Jamaican beef patties as they were awesome. Thanks to Aleika, Davian, Hushane and co - lovely lovely people.
We were a little concerned about the Butler service in the resort, as we are quite independent, and value our privacy. However after travelling 18 hours to get to SRP, and with the time difference of 6 hours making arrival time 01.30 a.m. GMT, it was fabulous to go off to the bar for a pick me up, and dinner whilst Audell unpacked everything, so perfectly. Thanks Audell! We had two butlers and they were just brilliant, very discrete, and thoughtful, and very funny too. Thanks Tafari too!
I only wish I could have brought one back to the UK to tackle my cases on coming home.
There are three restaurants in the resort, all serving fabulous food. under the dine around plan , you can also take a shuttle next door to the Sandals Grande, where there are a further 10 or so, but we only did this on one occasion as there was sufficient variety and choice, and the resort next door was huge!!!
I could go on and on thanking everyone for making our stay so memorable, but suffice to say, everyone was lovely, and we we had such a great time we decided to return next year, and made the booking before we left!

Room Tip: Better views from the higher floors (obviously) We liked the East wing.
3  Thank chipsmiths

We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us at Sandals Royal Plantation. We strive to create amazing and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad we were able to achieve that goal during your stay.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay next year!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Well what can i say a new manager Mark Starky i admit i was worried after having THE BEST in the business in Peter Fraser for so long but i must say Mark is a Great man. he made us feel at home which is what the plantation is to my wife Dawn and i.
This resort is just So GREAT and it has EVERYTHING to do with the members of the staff. while our 8th trip here we renewed our vows and were so happy to have our family Jermaine and Sheldon (butlers at the plantation) along with Shelly-Ann part of our joyous day.
This is a resort that truely let's you FALL IN LOVE all over again. like i along with all others have said if you want to party and get out of hand go elsewhere.if you want time with the ones you LOVE this is the place.
The food by chef Peter is just out of this world. i want to stress if you want something ask it doesn't matter if it's on the menu you can get it the next day maybe but DON'T go next door for something you may not see on a menu the food Quality next door is way below the plantation.
if you want lobster,to shrimp to buffalo wings to lamb chops to jerk chicken to duck to grey goose to a miller light this place has it all. and the service is the best there is..
Please if you get the chance don't wait Run Don't walk to this resort and enjoy the GREAT staff and management and FALL in LOVE with the one you LOVE a

Room Tip: all rooms are great.
5  Thank johnrothman
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent 3 vacations at the RP in the last few years. Last trip was 3 years ago.
We even brought friends with us on our last stay. Always a favorite for my husband and I when we travel without kids (best place to relax) but I have to say that we were not as impress the last time around. I won't go into all the details on why but let's just say the personal touch was lacking and we didn't feel that the fact that it was our 3rd time at the resort made a difference. The room category you get makes the difference....
I was also surprised that the RP didn't make the list of Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Awards. Jamaica Inn next door did and I always wondered if the Jamaica Inn was a better choice but we never wanted to take the chance.
We love the Royal Plantation but I don't think it's as good as it used to be (maybe since SANDALS took over?). Food for thoughts while planning our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCDfromCanada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was celebrating my 50th birthday & OMG I won't forget this holiday or birthday as it was so special.
We had never been on a Sandals or an all inclusive holiday before but have been on many different holidays & many different countries but I have to say this has been the best. From the minute we arrived until we left Mark & his staff made us feel so special. We had Marven & Oraine as our butlers & may I say they were 1st class anything we asked for - change of eating place or change of time, transport they always managed to accommodate.
The staff in the dinning areas were also 1st class, there were too many names to remember but Hushane does stick in my mind as being very good. The staff in the Wobbly Peacock were fantastic always served with a smile & the entertainment was fantastic. The 2 main guy's who did the entertainment were such good fun & had everyone in the place dancing. I must mention the drummer/ DJ he was fantastic & even arranged the band to sing happy birthday to me on the Monday night.
Marvin & Oraine did a fantastic job decorating my room on my birthday, it was a lovely surprise to see balloons, banners & towels made into various shapes with chocolates decorating my bed.
The boys excelled themselves on my last night with flowers and petals on the bed & in a lovely hot bath - such a lovely thought on my last night.
I would certainly recommend this resort to everyv one.
mmni0ki0log54

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Sandals Royal Plantation? Share your experiences!