We just returned from a one week stay at the Royal Plantation, in celebration of our 25th Anniversary. (Although asked several times what we were celebrating, our anniversary was never acknowledged). This was our second time to Jamaica, First time at Sandals. Having said that, this was one of the best vacations we have ever had. It was due to the most amazing food and even more amazing staff!! They are the best! They are some of the most charming and accommodating people you will ever meet. Including Mark the GM, who was always visible and has all your best interests at heart. He is doing a GREAT job! They are why you want to return!
As for the hotel itself, it really needs attention in some areas. Upon check in we were brought to our Great House Ocean Suite on the west side. (which does have the best views) It was called beach level, to get there you can either take the elevator down or down a flight of stairs. Sandals really needs to do something about the ugly window that allows you to see some of the equipment through it. It is really unappealing as you are walking down the stairs, it makes you feel as if you are in the basement. Once you were in the room that feeling of being in the basement goes away. The room itself was nice and large enough. Good value. The bathrooms really need to be updated. The faucet on the tub was coming out of the holes and very badly tarnished.
It appears air conditioners were recently put in the game room. The area around them was never repaired. I am probably being nit picky, but for a place this amazing, I feel we shouldn't be seeing that.
This hotel has that old world charm and is really very lovely. It is in a beautiful location up on the bluff, the beaches are small but very well kept. We really liked east beach very quiet and relaxing. We had a chance to use the spa, and that was very nice. The fitness room is small but adequate if you want to squeeze in a workout, also could use some hand sanitizer in there.
We visited next door but didn't stay long. We like it better at our small oasis, where you felt you knew everyone. Its nice to go there if you want more going on. The entertainment at night at Royal Plantation was very good. It gets very quiet after 10PM.
Although I feel that Sandals really needs to go through and fix things that are tired within the resort, it really was an amazing visit. We are still wishing we were there. The amazing people that work so hard night and day are what makes you want to come back and never leave! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Royal Plantation to anyone.
If Sandals would spend some money on updates, this resort would be 5 star!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios