My wife and I travelled to Ocho Rios October 16 to 23 specifically for the wedding of my son. He and his wife were to marry at the Sandals Grande Riviera on the 22nd and my wife and I wanted a buffer from the wedding crowd and had the mindset that this was to be an R and R week, attend the wedding and return home.
Boy, did we have a surprise in store!
Virtually every part of this resort was a 10 in our scale. The room was incredibly spacious (it seemed bigger than the other Sandals resorts we have experienced) and the butler service, though a first for us, was surprisingly non invasive for us. The two man system they use is a refreshing way of providing a good service and they manage to stay out of your hair until needed. The crafty telephone system to seek them out is also a nice touch.
What was the biggest and most pleasant surprise was the quality of the food. The restaurants provided the utmost of quality and choice. Chef Peter Hamill was a craftsman at putting together both local and international dishes and everyone we had was superb. The facilities are also a pleasant surprise. The gym, spa, gift shop and conference centre are all finely appointed and clean. Even the public washrooms are clean and tidy.
The pool, though small, is plenty big enough as not many people use it. At least during our stay, most people used the beaches as their location for Sunbathing, particularly on the non smoking side. The Caribbean was as calm as a lake.
Many thanks to our butlers, Marvin (Gaye) and Orayne, they were an excellent team. Thanks as well to the excellent bar staff... Sean and his Seantastic drink, Garnet and Danello at the Royal Grill were top notch. Adrian (ABomb) and Cleon (Dr. C) were fantastic Beach Butlers.
Special thanks to Oshane and his partner for being quiet yet enthusiastic activity hosts. They provided just enough entertainment choice for the week.
And a special thanks to Andre for his tickling of the ivories in the Wobbly Peacock on those occasions when we got the sing-alongs going.
Mark the GM, you have a fantastic staff and a fantastic property. Keep doing what you are doing to make it one of the best stops we have made on our holiday journeys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios