Sandals Royal Plantation Dec. 3-11, 2013
The service was fabulous. Special kudos for Sean the bartender, Oshane, and Romaine, as
well as butlers Ricardo and Aaron, and GM Mark. Everyone was extremely
friendly and helpful; the staff was a delight. Ricardo took care of a
somewhat unusually complex set of dining requirements with us and our
friends, and went out of his way to set up a ping pong table for
us. Aaron kindly agreed to play me for an hour, something I had
especially asked for.
The food: Papillon and the Royal Grill / dinner were fabulous. The
rotating menus at the Terrace were great. We especially appreciated
the fact that for breakfast and lunch at Terrace, we could order from
the menu and also use the buffet. The Palette of Small Plates was
great. The variety of choices on the beach grill menu was also
fabulous; we loved the lobster BLTs and the spare ribs.
Complaints about food/service: at Terrace, one night
(International night) the service was abysmal. It took us 1 hour 45
minutes just to get the soup course. It took over 3 hours to get
dessert and we gave up waiting for coffee.
Although it's not an RP issue, our appetizers at Soy at SGR were
fabulous but the food and ambiance at Kimonos were disappointing, and
the noise level was so high we were tempted to leave and go back to
Soy. If a butler is going to recommend Kimonos, it might be good to
give an accompanying warning about the din.
Entertainment: we loved the Jamaican night -- both the buffet and the
entertainment. We also loved the piano music at the Wobbly Peacock, but found
that when there was a DJ the music was a negative, not a positive --
too loud. Fortunately the games room was nearby because the DJ music
drove us from the bar.
We also loved the live entertainment during lunchtime -- both the
steel drum band at the beach grill, and the trio of guys with banjo
and bass box and guitar, at both the Grill and the Terrace. They were
wonderful and it was delightful being serenaded at lunch, with
acoustic music that didn't drown out conversations.
Mangos all the time was a wonderful touch -- fresh mangos at
breakfast, mango daiquiris, and mangosas were all very much
appreciated. Also we loved the fact that the Wobbly Peacock stocked
The special luncheon for diamond level guests was a great idea. And it
was especially classy that a group photo and copy of the menu appeared
in our room when we returned from lunch.
It was also delightful to have Mark give such excellent attention to
his guests, chatting with them on the beach or in the restaurant. He
was unusually approachable, which was a delightful surprise.
We really loved this resort and would happily return to it.
Also let me add that our Travel Agent, Ruth DeMuth of TripGuyTravel gave us absolutely outstanding service. We live in Boston and had to change flights in Miami. She kept track of our flights in case we had a problem and she had to help us change the connecting flight. Her attention to detail is way above the call of duty, and her knowledge of all Sandals resorts is unsurpassed!
Feel free to ask me any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios