I'm not one to normally write reviews, but after our stay last week at Sandals Royal Plantation to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, I wanted to share how special this place truly is. As a world traveller, and as everyone notes, the resort is exceptional in its service and staff, its gourmet well-prepared cuisine, a gorgeous hotel rich in history, and it provides a beautiful place to escape and relax.
We are in our late 30s/ early 40s and while we may have been on the younger side, we enjoyed meeting new friends in both other guests and the staff. Our butlers Richard and Sheldon were there if we needed them, and unobtrusive when we didn't. Oshane, Andre, and Junior entertained and served excellent cocktails in the Wobbly Peacock each night following the evening's live entertainment. And Cleon and Adrian kept us well supplied with excellent drinks from the beach bar, a "dirty banana" is the best!
Really, anything you want is available just ask. One guest asked for coconut water and the gardener brought her a coconut fresh off the tree with two straws. A simple question to the head chef about the preparation of breadfruit lead to a great accompaniment at my breakfast the next day. Seriously just ask.
One small thing for improvement-- the spa staff makes endless requests on the beach for you do to services. It would have been nice not to be asked everyday, especially after we had already enjoyed wonderful massages.
All in all a wonderful, relaxing, retreat-- highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios