We stayed at RP in late Jan-early Feb,and did a vow renewal.
Our butlers were Jermaine and Shelly,both very competent and professional at their jobs.
As we hadn't been here for two years,a few observations on what has changed:
The beach is shrinking,Hurricane Sandy did some damage this far south,incredible.
Food actually got better since our last stay,which is really saying something.
House red wine selection needs improvement.
House Champagne is very good.
Super Bowl tailgate party was spot on,with all the right appetizers.
Jamaican night was great,Curried Goat was awesome.
Biggs and Cleon cover the beach expeditiously as always.
Just a word here on the clientele:
For anyone looking to book here,a fair cross section (75-80%),of the people staying here are:
American or Canadian(can now be group together since Bieber united us!)
Mid 40's to 70's
Either small business owners,professional blue collar,or white collar middle management
Married to same partner for many years
Drink,but aren't drunks
This resort comes HIGHLY recommended for anyone who enjoys peace and quiet,excellent food and a truly unique experience
It will take you several days back in the world to become a functional human being again after this vacation,which,to me,is the definition of a vacation
Holler to Caroline and Kev,Ron and Karen from Jersey,Scott and Karen from KC,and Bob and his wife from Wisconsin
Already booked for same time next year
Used Club Mobay on way out for the first time,will use it again,worth every penny
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios