This is our second visit to the resort, and we were not disappointed. It's very quiet and relaxing, not for the party crowd. That's what we wanted, and what we got. I could poke at a bunch of little things, but overall, the service and the food was excellent. Went next door to Grande Riviera once to eat, the shuttles go back and forth about every 15-20 minutes. The returning guests dinner has gone from the Terrace Restaurant to the Conference Room - the numbers have increased about 50% in 3 years. What does that say about the resort?
The up side:
Upscale food and drinks. Friendly staff. The weather. Doing nothing but eat and sit in the sun.
The lunch buffet at the Terrace is good but selection is weak, but you can order a la carte. The unlimited golf cost me over $100/round. They lost some of the beach during Hurricane Sandy (no pun intended), but we were able to get some chairs down by the water with no problems.
I would suggest Club Mobay for the Montego Bay airport. Waited 1 hour in long lineup arriving, but no more than 15 minutes departing. It's all in the timing.
A shout-out to Oratio (absolutely) & Sean, our butlers, Claudine, our housekeeping lady, Lorna at the Gift Shop (for all the dance moves), Rona (I think) at the Spa, Lenworth our personal chef, Ojay the pool guy, Lucien the grill master. Lively Up Yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios