We just returned from our 2nd visit to Royal Plantation and it was wonderful. The secret of this resort is obviously getting out as it was fully booked during our stay. The required the staff to be much busier than last time, but they still found time to make you feel at home and relaxed. We so many staff from our visit two years ago as well as some new folks that really help keep this hotel shinning and the best that we have been too.
The food is fantastic at this place and I like that they have opened up the Royal Cafe some nights for special dinners. It is so nice to sit by the water and relax to the sound of the ocean while eating a great meal. We ate at the main restaurant most days and tried to eat as many of the local dishes as we could.
Highlights of this visit were many and I know that I will miss some but I would encourage you to participate with Oshane or Jason whenever they are doing some kind of activity. Our favorites were the mixology challanges and the Cook off featuring the guests rather than the staff. Reunion week was this week and they had all sorts of cool activities. The highlight though was the chance to read and meet local school kids through the Sandals Foundation. If your traveling there soon please look at the Sandals foundation site and see what you can pack to donate to the local schools. The kids are wonderful and it was a blessing to be with them.
Staff shout outs to Cleon, Sheldon in water sports, Kelly Ann, Ieshia, Jason, Oshane, Hushane, Donard, Shelly Anne, Jermaine, Marvin, Lisa Gay, Chevel, and to Caroline who gave us so much of her time. You are all so special
The only slight issue that we had this time was that the Spa people were on the beach everyday trying to drum up business. The Red Land spa is fantastic and we used it while we were there. Those who want to use it know where it is and how to find it so I don't know that the girls need to be asking everyday. They were polite but that did not occur on our last visit.
In any case we are already booked to return and can't wait to come back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Holiday Gems, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios